Search Unity

Bug No confirmation email after reporting a bug

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by oobartez, Jan 2, 2023.

1. oobartez

oobartez

I submitted a bug report last week (about this issue: https://forum.unity.com/threads/status-of-graphics-jobs-support-on-macos.1379628/).

Despite the confirmation popup with a green checkmark, a few days later we still haven't received the standard confirmation email and we do not see the bug in fogbugz. I resubmitted the bug about 20 minutes ago. Again, I got the confirmation box but no email yet.

Is this normal? Has anything changed in how Unity processes bug reports? In the past we usually received the automatic confirmation email within a short time, including a link to the tracking tool.

2. oobartez

oobartez

For the record, the bugs were submitted from Unity 2022.1.24.

3. oobartez

oobartez

I resubmitted the bug report on Monday, and again today, this time using Unity 2022.2.1 but still without luck - no confirmation email and nothing in fogbugz.

4. oobartez

oobartez

In case anybody else encounters the problem, it appears that the new Atlassian-based ticketing system in some cases loses the association between your Unity account and the Atlassian account. The end result is that my bug reports from Unity editor were in fact added to Atlassian, but I did not receive the email confirmations and I do not have any way to track their progress or see Unity team's comments.

It also does not synchronize your email address with your primary Unity account so if you change your email address in Unity dashboard, the change may not be reflected in Atlassian.

We are in touch with Unity's support and they are trying to resolve the problem.