Search Unity

no character controller??

Discussion in 'Input System' started by gzdoomer, Apr 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gzdoomer

gzdoomer

hey everybody im doomguy(Gzdoomer) im new and i know little bit how to start a game with unity but
    i have a problem with the character there is no character controller on unity (im using unity 5)is there any problem
    with my installation or do i should use unity 4 instead

PLEASE REPLY I CANNOT TAKE THIS BUUSHIT MISSING ALL MY LIFE

2. Dantus

Dantus

Welcome to the forum!

The Character Controller is still there. Just create an empty game object and add a Character Controller to it. Though, I assume you are looking for the Standard Assets. You can simply import them if you have chosen to install them along with Unity or download them from the Asset Store.

3. gzdoomer

gzdoomer

but i have standard assets in my unity i downloaded it in assets store but still i dont see any game controller shows up even if i create a capsule it wont show game controller component in the right side

4. Dantus

Dantus

The capsule is just a collider that can be used for collision detection. A character controller is different to that. Most of the samples are using character controllers if I remember correctly. So the easiest way is likely to have a look at the samples you get with with the Standard Assets.

5. gzdoomer

gzdoomer

i have standard assets man but THERE IS NO character controller on that asset or if u can give me ur asset if u want or no cause for me i dont have it..

for example:Assets--->Import package-->no package except custom package.......

6. Dantus

Dantus

7. gzdoomer

gzdoomer

oh i guess i see that i dont well thanks for helping me :) I WIL R8 U 8/8 M8 IS DAT GR8?

8. futuremrbiyi

futuremrbiyi

thx for the tip I really needed it

9. juicysucks

juicysucks

how do i even make a character controller ive watched vids but none of the code works

10. andkolin

andkolin

I don't have a character controller what can I do??? upload_2020-12-10_10-55-27.png

11. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.