Search Unity

[NO CCU LIMIT] Forge Networking now OPEN SOURCE

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Brent_Farris, Dec 22, 2014.

1. patch24

patch24

Nevermind that. I cleaned out the build folder and rebuilt. Then it worked. Thanks, carry on!

CarterG81 likes this.
  2. uneedtee

uneedtee

Cant build with il2cpp with the last version. Tested it with an empty project, Unity3d 2018.3.14f1 and both versions of Forge, the Assset Store and the GitHub Version and the MultiplayerMenu Scene. Always get the "il2cpp.exe did not run properly" error message.

3. alex2013nck3

alex2013nck3

Hello everyone, I really need help connecting to the game.
    The situation is that I have my own server created through the Master Server, I want to create a multiplayer game, I have fulfilled all the conditions for its implementation.
    It is time to connect the players, I gave my friend my IP, he was able to successfully connect and become a host on my server, his game was successfully registered in MasterServer, but I can not connect to his game through your server.
    At the same time in the local network, I can connect multiple devices and play with each other \_(ツ)_/...
    Ask for help.

4. anthonyk

anthonyk

Hi,
    I have a question regarding a specific use case and want to know if Forge can help.

I want to connect multiple Android devices on a same local network without having them to type in manually the local ip address of the player hosting the game and without having to host a matchmaking server myself somewhere on the internet.

- Is this possible with Forge ?
    - Is this possible without an internet connection ? like each client search in the background for the host inside the local network and connect to it automatically.

Thanks for your reply :)

5. starfoxy

starfoxy

Funny enough, just found this today and I am wondering the same (although typing in an ip address is ok too).

6. hvilppu2

hvilppu2

7. pluszak

pluszak

Hi, currently i'm developing application in Unity using forge networking remastered
    and i'm having issues with instantiating a prefab.

This prefab is very large machine and it contains multiple forge based classes in hierarchy. (transform sync, actions, lots of properties and rpc's.)

When this prefab is on scene from the start synchronization is working, but when i load this prefab from resources, all of my classes lose networkObject references.

All i've found in documentation is to use
    NetworkManager.Instance.Instantiate"MyClassName"(); but this solution only restored connection to “MyClassName” class, leaving others still without networkObject.

My question is: Is there a way to instantiate an object and Initialize every forge based component in prefab
    or should i refactor this multiple classes into one class where all of my properties and rpc's are packed in one forge class?

8. GarethPikPok

GarethPikPok

Hi all!
    I've been checking out Forge as an option for a new title, and I was wondering if anyone could update the links for the Discord? All of the links on the GitHub page are expired :D
    @Brent_Farris ?
    Thanks!

9. ZhavShaw

ZhavShaw

https://discord.gg/qRXPArQ

10. GarethPikPok

GarethPikPok