Search Unity

Video no camera rendering

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by gaboriauromain, Mar 31, 2020.

1. gaboriauromain

gaboriauromain

Hi everyone, I m a new uer of Unity. I started to creare a "test scene" and I put a character controler on my started plateforme, but when i want to test (play) my scene, it appears a text message : "display 1 no camera rendering.
    Please help me
    PS: i m frenche teen, sry for my english

2. marc_tanenbaum

marc_tanenbaum

Unity Technologies

Hi and welcome! This isn't really a "video" question (in Unity, video refers to the playing of a video file (as with streaming an MP4 or similar)...but let's see if we can help you anyway!

The likeliest reason for that message is that you have no active camera in your scene. Some things to check:
    • Is there a camera in the Hierarchy? Open the Hierarchy (Window > General > Hierarchy) and look for a camera. By default, this is usually named "Main Camera".
    • If there's no camera add one: (Right click and select 'Camera' from the context menu)
    • If there is a Camera, is it grayed out? That indicates that the GameObject is disabled. If this is the case, select the Camera, then open the Inspector (Window > General > Inspector). There's a checkbox at the top left of the inspector that will be unchecked. Check it.
    • If the Camera is present and activated, the last (obvious) thing I'd look at is the Camera component. Still in the inspector, find the object named "Camera". There's a checkbox next to that. If it's unchecked, check it.
    Hopefully one of those will address your problem!

3. gaboriauromain

gaboriauromain

I create the camera as you said. now i have a beautiful external view of my charactere. but I want a view from the eyes of my character
    upload_2020-3-31_16-51-55.png

4. marc_tanenbaum

marc_tanenbaum

Unity Technologies

So if you're trying to do actual camera work, maybe use Cinemachine, which is our tool for all kinds of cool Camera manipulation.

5. gaboriauromain

gaboriauromain

Im following a lesson of UUnity on a french website and the teacher use the "character controler package". hiss version off unity is more old so he can use the "character controler" package. but now, when I am writing this question, the Unity's version is more recent (the last I think). the "charactere controler dosn't exist anymore.
    How can I do to have a charactere controler who is moving and looking when I move my mouse.?

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
  6. marc_tanenbaum

marc_tanenbaum

Unity Technologies

I'm afraid I can't really guess what the teacher on the website you're watching might be suggesting. There are lots of ways to get a first-person camera. As I say, Cinemachine is probably the best. But you can also simply make the Camera a child of your character. In your picture, I see that the camera is currently a child of the directional light. If you drag it from there to ThirdPersonController_LITE, that might have the effect you're after (you'll need to reposition the camera after you do that).

7. gaboriauromain

gaboriauromain

I found the solution, I just link my charactere with my CM vcam to the follow section off my character, now I just have to find how to mmove and to look arouund my char. thanks for all.

marc_tanenbaum likes this.