Search Unity

1. Full schedule for #UniteBerlin is now available! Featuring talks on our roadmap, hands-on labs and much more! Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2018.1 has arrived! Read about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Scriptable Render Pipeline improvements, Texture Mipmap Streaming, and more! Check out what we have in store for you in the 2018.2 Beta.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. ARCore is out of developer preview! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Magic Leap’s Lumin SDK Technical Preview for Unity lets you get started creating content for Magic Leap One™. Find more information on our blog!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

No Built In packages in Package Manager?

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by Remiel, May 15, 2018.

1. Remiel

Remiel

I noticed on Package Manager documentation that it is supposed to have a Built In Packages list that will allow me to see which Unity modules my project is using. I have been looking forward to this functionality because there have been a lot of unnecessary modules included in my WebGL build because some unused code somewhere referenced them. I intended to disable those modules and delete the dead code that is referencing them.
    However, when I installed Unity 2018.1 and opened Package Manager, there was no Built In Packages on the list. I thought that maybe I need to build my game first for them to appear, but even after the build there are no Built In Packages showing in Package Manager. What do I need to do to get them to show?

upload_2018-5-15_20-57-28.png

2. DanielTG

DanielTG

Unity Technologies

Hi @Remiel,

A decision was made later in the 2018.1 beta cycle to ultimately not expose the built-in packages (formerly modules) via the UI for various technical reasons, one being we were still not able to easily disable/remove them from the project.

However, this is coming via the UI and likewise via the package project manifest. Please check out the latest Editor beta releases and preview Package Manager UI for progress.

Re: the documentation we will amend to better reflect the state of the 2018.1 release

Thanks
    Daniel