Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

No Built In packages in Package Manager?

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by Remiel, May 15, 2018.

1. Remiel

Remiel

I noticed on Package Manager documentation that it is supposed to have a Built In Packages list that will allow me to see which Unity modules my project is using. I have been looking forward to this functionality because there have been a lot of unnecessary modules included in my WebGL build because some unused code somewhere referenced them. I intended to disable those modules and delete the dead code that is referencing them.
    However, when I installed Unity 2018.1 and opened Package Manager, there was no Built In Packages on the list. I thought that maybe I need to build my game first for them to appear, but even after the build there are no Built In Packages showing in Package Manager. What do I need to do to get them to show?

upload_2018-5-15_20-57-28.png

2. DanielTG

DanielTG

Hi @Remiel,

A decision was made later in the 2018.1 beta cycle to ultimately not expose the built-in packages (formerly modules) via the UI for various technical reasons, one being we were still not able to easily disable/remove them from the project.

However, this is coming via the UI and likewise via the package project manifest. Please check out the latest Editor beta releases and preview Package Manager UI for progress.

Re: the documentation we will amend to better reflect the state of the 2018.1 release

Thanks
    Daniel

3. Remiel

Remiel

Thank you for clearing that up. I'll be looking forward to you adding that functionality in the future. :)

4. DMinsky

DMinsky

Hm, I've found a "disable" button for build-in packages. But, when you build project, dll's for disabled build-in packages are still included. What I'm missing here?

5. orb

orb

DanielTG's post still holds true then - yes, you can look at them till you're bored reading, but they probably still haven't figured out whichever technical issue allows them to be disabled.