Search Unity

Resolved No Authentication Package listed even though Enable Experimental is checked.

Discussion in 'Authentication' started by Bunzaga, Nov 11, 2021.

1. Bunzaga

Bunzaga

I'm trying to install the Authentication SDK via the package manager (2020.3.22f1), and it isn't appearing in my list of packages.

I can see other experimental packages, just nothing related to the new Backend Services stuff.

What am I missing?

2. Bunzaga

Bunzaga

Found out, I had to click the 'join' button in the Dashboard, even though those packages listed weren't the ones I was interested in. After clicking join, I was able to see a list of sdks, which each had a check box. I checked the box for Authentication, and then clicked Generate Code Snippet, which gave me a string to enter into the manifest.json...

Not exactly as it states in several instruction locations: "Version 2020.3
    To install this package, make sure you enable preview packages in the Unity Editor's Package Manager, and then follow the installation instructions in the Unity User Manual.".

Says nothing about what I had to do.

3. Laurie-Unity

Laurie-Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi Bunzaga,

Well spotted, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

The Authentication SDK along with numerous other Gaming Services SDKs are in Beta at the moment, the signup and installation workflow is therefore a little different. Unfortunately the documentation on this package doesn't reflect that and is describing the workflow the package will follow when it comes out of Beta.

I hope this didn't slow you down too much, apologies for the inconvenience. I'll raise this issue with the team, thanks again for letting us know.

4. Dyntragos

Dyntragos

I have a question. I was using Unity version 2021.3.1f1 for a project that I was hoping to add the Authentication package to, but I can't find it in the package manager. From the digging that I've done, it looks like packages that are in beta will no longer show up in the Unity Registry, even if you say to allow preview packages, because as of 2021.1 there is now a distinction between preview and experimental.

I've started a new project in 2020.3.35f1, and I've confirmed that I am able to download the Authentication package in that version. Does this mean that it's not possible to access the Authentication package when using a newer version of Unity?

5. erickb_unity

erickb_unity

Unity Technologies

Hello,

It is possible to add the authentication package to earlier releases of each version of Unity, but it won't always show up in the package manager

You can add the dependency to the package manifest manually (Packages/manifest.json)

Code (Json):
    1. "com.unity.services.authentication": "2.2.0"

ycode and revirth like this.