Search Unity

No Anti Aliasing When VR Support Is Enabled

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by VincePlusPlus, Sep 18, 2015.

1. VincePlusPlus

VincePlusPlus

Hello,

Every time i enable support for VR, build an application, run the application, and select any graphics quality setting, I get low AA and it makes everything in the scene look very jagged.

At the start of the scene Oculus is disabled and later on in the scene i can enable Oculus by clicking a button. When using Oculus, the AA is back to normal and everything looks great in the scene. The moment i disable Oculus is when the low AA is back, and everything looks jagged.

I have made sure that all the quality settings in the editor are set correctly and i have even tried setting the quality settings through scripts at the start of the scene but i still get this problem, and have been getting this problem for a while now.

I have also noticed that when playing in the editor the AA is fine and i have none of the problems mentioned above, it seems to only be a problem when i run the application, support for VR has been enabled, and oculus is NOT on.

I am currently running Unity 5.2.1 and have the 0.7 runtime for Oculus installed. Two images have been attached, one showing what it looks like when VR support is disabled, and the other when VR support is disabled.

Is there something I'm doing wrong or not setting correctly?

Thank you.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
  2. julienkay

julienkay

I'm having similar issues. I'm on 5.2.0f1 with Oculus 0.6.0.1 runtime. In my project VR is enabled from the beginning and as soon as I start play mode the quality settings get overwritten. My custom Quality level is removed and (even though I set 'Fantastic' as the default) the current quality level is set to Fastest, hence no Anti-Aliasing.

I'm thinking of going back to using the old Oculus Unity Integration instead of native VR support since it worked better back then, but I'd still like to hear if anyone else has similar issues or possible workarounds.

3. Todd-Wasson

Todd-Wasson

I use the Antialiasing script instead of the option in the quality settings. That seems to work fine on VR. I.e., turn AA off in the quality settings and attach the Antialiasing script to your cameras instead.

4. VincePlusPlus

VincePlusPlus

When i use VR everything works fine, my problem is when i turn VR off and browse around a scene with a regular camera. I tried what you suggested but everything still looks pretty bad for me. Thanks.