Search Unity

No Ads Showing on Live Game (iOS)

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by thatfoolsean, Feb 4, 2015.

1. thatfoolsean

thatfoolsean

Hi,

I recently released a game to the App Store for iOS, using the UnityAds Asset Store plug in. At first UnityAds worked flawlessly in my game, and showed up perfectly, so I submitted the game to the App Store. Now, playing the live build of the game, I am seeing no ads at all. I have added the correct link to my live game on the UnityAds website, and have turned on Monetization on the site as well.

Could this just be a fill rate problem, or is it something more? Is there a way that I can plug my phone into Xcode to see if the calls are being made? Sorry, I am very new to this, and just got a small amount of buzz around my game, and now fear that it is all for nothing, as I will have to resubmit a new build :( Help!

Thank you in advance for your help. This community has been very good to me throughout this process of making my first game.

2. thatfoolsean

thatfoolsean

Just an update to my post to hopefully explain my problem better: my Dashboard currently shows a 0.00% Fill Rate for my ads. I made another build of my game and ran it with the debugger running in Xcode, and it looks like the ads are being called, so I don't think the problem is on my end, though I may be wrong. Is there any reason that I would have a 0.00% Fill Rate? I left the ads on when I was testing the app in Test Flight, and got a 150 impressions on my device alone, was the fill rate dropped because UnityAds thought I was trying to "game the system" by only having the ads on one device? Ugh...I want to announce the game, but I don't want to blow what will be probably my largest influx of users at a time when my ads aren't working!!!!

3. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

Do you still have test mode enabled in your game? You should have fill for video ads. Picture ads on the other hand are in the process of being disabled since we haven't had the time to finalize the feature.

If you can provide me with your game ID in a private message, I can look into this further. Might also be helpful if you can provide a copy of your integration code to look over.

4. thatfoolsean

thatfoolsean

Thank you so much for the quick reply! I think I diasabled Test Mode, is that something I do in the dashboard, or is it within the integration code? Sorry I am such a newbie to all of this (though I have Unity to thank for helping me learn how to dev!)!

I'll send you a DM with my game ID right away!

Here's my integration code, attached to a gameObject called UnityAdIntegration in the only scene in the game:

Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using System.Collections;
    3. using UnityEngine.Advertisements;
    5. public class UnityFullScreenAds : MonoBehaviour
    6. {
    8.     // Use this for initialization
    9.     void Start ()
    10.     {
    12.     }
    14.     // Update is called once per frame
    15.     void Update ()
    16.     {
    18.     }
    20.     public void PreloadUnityInterstitial()
    21.     {
    22.         Debug.Log ("Preload Ad Called!");
    24.         //If you can display ads in this game...
    25.         if (Advertisement.isSupported)
    26.         {
    27.             //Preload code?
    28.             Advertisement.allowPrecache = true;
    29.             //Preload one!
    30.             Advertisement.Initialize("blackedoutforthismessageonly");
    31.         }
    32.         else
    33.         {
    34.             Debug.Log ("Platform not supported for Unity Fullscreen!");
    35.         }
    36.     }
    38.     public void ShowUnityPictureInterstitial ()
    39.     {
    40.         //If an ad is loaded...
    41.         if (Advertisement.isReady())
    42.         {
    43.             //Hide the banner ad!
    44.             //AdScript.HideBanner ();
    45.             //RMScript.ShowBanner(false);
    46.             //Show that S***!
    47.             Advertisement.Show("defaultVideoAndPictureZone", new ShowOptions {
    48.                 //Pause the engine!
    49.                 pause = true,
    50.                 resultCallback = result => {
    51.                     //Debug.Log (result.ToString());
    52.                 }
    53.             });
    54.         }
    55.     }
    57.     public void ShowUnityVideoInterstitial ()
    58.     {
    59.         //If an ad is loaded...
    60.         if (Advertisement.isReady())
    61.         {
    62.             //Hide the banner ad!
    63.             //AdScript.HideBanner ();
    64.             //RMScript.ShowBanner(false);
    65.             //Show that S***!
    66.             Advertisement.Show("rewardedVideoZone", new ShowOptions {
    67.                 //Pause the engine!
    68.                 pause = true,
    69.                 resultCallback = result => {
    70.                     //Debug.Log (result.ToString());
    71.                 }
    72.             });
    73.         }
    74.     }
    75. }

5. thatfoolsean

thatfoolsean

Actually, how do I send a DM? (Ugh, I'm not good at this...:()

6. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

Test mode isn't enabled, since you're not passing true as a second parameter when calling the Initialize method.

In your show interstitial methods, you're passing a zone ID when calling the Advertisement.Show() method. However you're not passing the same zone ID when calling the Advertisement.isReady() method. For both of these methods, when no value is passed it defaults to null, which in turn tells Unity Ads to use the default zone configuration set in your game profile in the Unity Ads Admin.

You'll need to pass the same zone ID value for isReady that you're passing for Show.

Looks like you were able to reach me in a private conversation. I'll continue to help you out there.