Search Unity

No Ads on Android

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by instruct9r, Aug 20, 2015.

1. instruct9r

instruct9r

Hello.

I have recently published a game for iOS with Unity Ads integrated and all works well. I have converted the Unity Project to Android and added an Android version in the Unity Ads platform, changed the ID for the Unity Ads in the code, but it shows no ads (Either in Test or NoTest Mode).

1: Does the game have to be actually uploaded in Playstore and linked in UnityAds platform, to show ads? (Even in TestMode)?

2: I was thinking it does NOT show ads cuz i haven't uploaded it in PlayStore, but today i have uploaded the game and linked it, in the UnityAds platform, still no ads are showing..

3: Do i have to change something in the code between iOS and Android? As far as i understand everything shoud be the same (Except the game ID)?

4: After i link the game in UnityAds, does it needs some time before ads starts to show up??

thanks

2. instruct9r

instruct9r

Ok. Just to add more info, if somebody else get into that problem....

I am using "Android Native" plug-in. And it seems that it's having a problem ti Merge the Manifest files, because a certain line in the "AndroidManifest.xml" that is coming with Unity Ads.

Weird thing is that at first i didn't get any errors while building, but the Unity Ads just doesn't seemed to be working.

I have downloaded the latest Unity Ads and these errors started appearing, when building the game " Unable to merge Android Manifests".

So what i did was, removed the following line in the AndroidManifest.xml:
    <uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" android:maxSdkVersion="18" />

Everything works well now and Unity Ads are starting just fine. The only thing that bothers me is that i am building the game for Android 4.0 or later, but in the XML file it says:

If android:maxSdkVersion attribute leads to problems when merging manifests, you can
    remove maxSdkVersion attribute. Unity Ads on Android 4.4 or later won't need this permission so
    maxSdkVersion means it is only requested for older Androids.

I wonder, what happens, when i remove that line and i play ads on android, version previous to 4.4. Are the ads watched going to be reported in UnityAds's platform??