Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only. On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live. Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

Feedback No Adaptive Performance provider package installed

Discussion in 'Android' started by cyberdev3, Jan 10, 2024.

1. cyberdev3

cyberdev3

Hello. When trying to build the APK, the following message appears in the console: "
    No Adaptive Performance provider package installed. Adaptive Performance requires a provider to get information during runtime. Please install a provider such as Adaptive Performance Samsung (Android) from the Adaptive Performance Settings.
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions ()
    ". As a result, the build cannot be created. How to create an APK, and I am also interested in how to create a build for Google Playmarket?

Screenshot of the message.:

2024-01-10_125804.png

2. Aurimas-Cernius

Aurimas-Cernius

Unity Technologies

Go to Package Manager and either install the adaptive performance provider or uninstall Adaptive Performance package.

3. cyberdev3

cyberdev3

This package cannot be uninstalled. The Remove button is disabled.

2024-01-10_150146.png

I clicked the Unlock button, but still, the button is not available.
    2024-01-10_150312.png
    So what should I do? It turns out that this package does not allow you to create a build just to test the game on the phone, and besides, it is not deleted.

4. Aurimas-Cernius

Aurimas-Cernius

Unity Technologies

Maybe you do have some provider installed but not configured?

5. cyberdev3

cyberdev3

I have no idea about it.

Also is lock icon opposite the package name.:

2024-01-10_153621.png

Unfortunately, I have no idea what caused this.

6. cyberdev3

cyberdev3

I found out that I can't remove a package because other packages depend on it. That is, as far as I understand, I need to detect these dependencies. How can do it?

7. Aurimas-Cernius

Aurimas-Cernius

Unity Technologies

Have a look into package-lock.json file in your Packages folder, it should list the dependencies for each package.

8. tbelgrave

tbelgrave

Any update to this? I'm unable to successfully make an iOS build as I get this error
    upload_2024-2-1_19-17-11.png

9. Firewalker

Firewalker

Uninstall "Mobile" package in "Features"

10. SampsaPlaysome

SampsaPlaysome

Apparently Adaptive Performance is not supported in Unity 2022.3? At least we can't get it to even compile... and there is no "Subsystems" package in the Package Manager.

Code (CSharp):
    1. error CS1069: The type name 'ISubsystem' could not be found in the namespace 'UnityEngine'. This type has been forwarded to assembly 'UnityEngine.SubsystemsModule, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' Enable the built in package 'Subsystems' in the Package Manager window to fix this error.

11. Ers1ch

Ers1ch

didn't find a solution?

12. solelan

solelan

im having the same issue, does it prevent the game to run on ios?

13. jonyks

jonyks

I have the same...

14. Shamantiks

Shamantiks

Thanks Firewalker. Open Package Manager, remove 'Mobile' under 'features' containing 3 packages.
    Now you can install Adaptive Performance 4.0.1 (Dependency/Locked issue solved).

You will still get error on building "No Adaptive Performance provider package installed."

Open Project Settings - Adaptive Performance - Android - enable Android Provider (Generic) and Samsung Android Provider.
    Also open Project Settings - Player- Frame Timing Stats - Enable.
    Now Adaptive Performance 4.0.1 is actually active and Building will complete without errors!

Transfer .APK via usb cable to 'internal storage/downloads' phone folder. I had permissions blockers causing "App not installed" results when I tried to run the .APK from file manager app.
    So I downloaded 'APK Installer' (by Uptodown) free app from Android Playstore, it handled permissions, installed .APK and my Unity game finally runs on Android device.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2024
    fmpdev likes this.