Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

No activity received from the player when running tests on standalone build via Teamcity

Discussion in 'Testing & Automation' started by LCGC_Developers, Feb 21, 2022.

1. LCGC_Developers

LCGC_Developers

We have a couple of playmode tests which measure performance using the Testing and Performance frameworks.

When running the command locally the tests runs and test results are produced. When running that same command through Teamcity it doesnt work and return exit code 3.

I tried solutions posted in this thread (https://forum.unity.com/threads/how-to-run-target-platform-tests-in-docker.1163261/) but none of them worked.

Has anyone had any luck running tests on a standalone build through Teamcity?

The command:

"Unity.exe" -projectPath "./" -batchmode -runTests -profiler-enable -testPlatform StandaloneWindows64 -testResults "./performance_testresults.xml" -editorTestsCategories Performance -logfile "./log.log"

The error logs that Teamcity produces:

2. jasal82

jasal82

I cannot even get it to produce the testresults.xml without using a TestRunCallback. I'm sorry I have to say that but the whole testing framework is a complete mess. We wasted days trying to get the unit tests running (which use WaitForEndOfFrame, you can imagine...) and we're still not there.