Search Unity

Question No Active XR.ARSubsystems Warning and Black Screen depending on Unity version

Discussion in 'AR' started by robbyken, Aug 26, 2021.

1. robbyken

robbyken

I just wanted to know how serious these warnings are because if I build an iphone 14.2 app with Unity 2020.3.16 I get a black screen no matter what I do, but with 2021.1.17 I get the same warnings, but the build works. With 2019.4.29 I don't get the warnings (but that's probably because 2019 includes the AR subsystems package that I don't see available in 2020 or 2021)

I've already looked for answers for why my 2020 version gives me a black screen: https://forum.unity.com/threads/black-screen.885844/ and here https://forum.unity.com/threads/no-...ystems-xrdepthsubsystem-is-available.1071215/ and in other places as well, but none of those solutions work for me.

I have Macbook Mid 2015 with Catalina 10.15.7 installed. I have Xcode 12.4 installed.

To ensure that it wasn't any of my scripts I built the simplest AR build: Just AR session origin, session and the default point cloud and default plane. I get the following warning messages while in the editor:

No active UnityEngine.XR.ARSubsystems.XRSessionSubsystem is available. Please ensure that a valid loader configuration exists in the XR project settings.
    UnityEngine.XR.ARFoundation.ARSession:OnEnable () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.xr.arfoundation@4.1.7/Runtime/AR/ARSession.cs:341)

No active UnityEngine.XR.XRInputSubsystem is available. Please ensure that a valid loader configuration exists in the XR project settings.
    UnityEngine.XR.ARFoundation.ARInputManager:OnEnable () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.xr.arfoundation@4.1.7/Runtime/AR/ARInputManager.cs:24)

No active UnityEngine.XR.ARSubsystems.XRCameraSubsystem is available. Please ensure that a valid loader configuration exists in the XR project settings.
    UnityEngine.XR.ARFoundation.SubsystemLifecycleManager`3<UnityEngine.XR.ARSubsystems.XRCameraSubsystem, UnityEngine.XR.ARSubsystems.XRCameraSubsystemDescriptor, UnityEngine.XR.ARSubsystems.XRCameraSubsystem/Provider>:OnEnable () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.xr.arfoundation@4.1.7/Runtime/AR/SubsystemLifecycleManager.cs:87)

As I said, on Unity 2020.3.16 I get a black screen and no combination of different versions of ARFoundation and ARkit and XR Plugin Management fix it.

On Unity 2021.1.1 I get the warnings but things work.

On Unity 2019.4.29 things work without warnings.

Can someone explain to me what these warnings really mean and if they are serious if I want to deploy to the app store later? I might just use 2019 out of warning phobia!

I've tested with many different versions, but these are the ones that worked on 2021; AR Foundation 4.1.7, ARKit 4.1.7 and XR Plugin Management 4.0.7

Thank you so much!

2. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

3. FreibeuterWilli

FreibeuterWilli

I have the same problem since 4 days, the initialize XR on Startup and the plugin in providers ARCore for Android have the hook. Please help.

UnityEngine.XR.ARSubsystems.XRCameraSubsystemDescriptor, UnityEngine.XR.ARSubsystems.XRCameraSubsystems/Provider>OnEnable() (at LibraryPackageCache/com.unity.xr.arfoundation@4.2.7/Runtime/AR/SubsystemLifecycleManager.cs;68)

4. FreibeuterWilli

FreibeuterWilli

No Active XR.ARSubsystems and XR.XR subsystems is available

5. FreibeuterWilli

FreibeuterWilli

Not good, when Unity makes it so much complicated.