Search Unity

Question No active UnityEngine.XR.ARSubsystems.XRSessionSubsystem is available.

Discussion in 'AR' started by Pavetl, Mar 9, 2023.

1. Pavetl

Pavetl

Hello, I have started to develop an AR app using unity (currently using Unity 2022.2.9f1) and I get these warning messages every time I hit the play button:

No active UnityEngine.XR.ARSubsystems.XRSessionSubsystem is available. Please ensure that a valid loader configuration exists in the XR project settings.
    UnityEngine.XR.ARFoundation.ARSession:OnEnable () (at ./Library/PackageCache/com.unity.xr.arfoundation@5.0.4/Runtime/ARFoundation/ARSession.cs:342)

No active UnityEngine.XR.ARSubsystems.XRCameraSubsystem is available. Please ensure that a valid loader configuration exists in the XR project settings.
    UnityEngine.XR.ARFoundation.SubsystemLifecycleManager`3<UnityEngine.XR.ARSubsystems.XRCameraSubsystem, UnityEngine.XR.ARSubsystems.XRCameraSubsystemDescriptor, UnityEngine.XR.ARSubsystems.XRCameraSubsystem/Provider>:OnEnable () (at ./Library/PackageCache/com.unity.xr.arfoundation@5.0.4/Runtime/ARFoundation/SubsystemLifecycleManager.cs:68)

No active UnityEngine.XR.ARSubsystems.XRImageTrackingSubsystem is available. Please ensure that a valid loader configuration exists in the XR project settings.
    UnityEngine.XR.ARFoundation.ARTrackableManager`5<UnityEngine.XR.ARSubsystems.XRImageTrackingSubsystem, UnityEngine.XR.ARSubsystems.XRImageTrackingSubsystemDescriptor, UnityEngine.XR.ARSubsystems.XRImageTrackingSubsystem/Provider, UnityEngine.XR.ARSubsystems.XRTrackedImage, UnityEngine.XR.ARFoundation.ARTrackedImage>:OnEnable () (at ./Library/PackageCache/com.unity.xr.arfoundation@5.0.4/Runtime/ARFoundation/ARTrackableManager.cs:104)

No active UnityEngine.XR.XRInputSubsystem is available. Please ensure that a valid loader configuration exists in the XR project settings.
    UnityEngine.XR.ARFoundation.ARInputManager:OnEnable () (at ./Library/PackageCache/com.unity.xr.arfoundation@5.0.4/Runtime/ARFoundation/ARInputManager.cs:24)

I have installed XR plugins for both Android and iOs (AR Core and ARKit respectively) and upgraded to its latest versions. I also have the latest AR Foundation Package installed (5.0.4) and AR Subsystems (5.0.2) so I am not sure if this warnings affect to the development of the project or is something I shouldn't be worried about.

Thank you in advance for the help.
    upload_2023-3-8_18-55-43.png

Attached Files:

fynnthecreator likes this.
  2. andyb-unity

andyb-unity

Unity Technologies

JSoumendu likes this.
  3. KyryloKuzyk

KyryloKuzyk

Or using the AR Foundation Remote plugin is also an option. As well as the Simulation feature, it allows running AR projects right inside the Editor.

makaka-org likes this.
  4. fynnthecreator

fynnthecreator

No answer on how to solve these error messages? I do get the warnings as well, when deployed to my IOS device (Iphone 14). When using the app on my phone Occlusion is not working even though I don't have any warnings/ error messages besides the Subsystem ones.

5. andyb-unity

andyb-unity

Unity Technologies

@fynnthecreator These warnings simply indicate that there is no subsystem available. This is not enough information to determine why.

As basic troubleshooting steps, make sure that your project configuration is valid. As another possibility, note that there is an open bug right now that requires that you make iOS builds from Unity on Mac. Building your Xcode project from Windows does not work with AR Foundation at the moment.

KyryloKuzyk likes this.
  6. obbe

obbe

I had the same problem after updating to 2022.3.1f1
    In addition to the warnings, AR just wasn't working for me.

Eventually ticking 'Initialize XR on Startup' made the problem go away.
    Not sure why.

ScreenshotAR.png

sfncook likes this.
  7. makaka-org

makaka-org

When you are disabling this, you need to initialize it manually.
    Otherwise, it happens automatically.

andyb-unity likes this.
  8. Prahelika07

Prahelika07

Well, I have ticked the XR Simulation in Windows,Mac,Linux tab of XR Plug-in Management and then this warning goes away.

9. lamancuso12

lamancuso12

I have this box already checked and am still getting that error, any other solutions?

10. makaka-org

makaka-org

If you see it in Editor, then this is OK because your Mac/PC doesn't have the needed sensors for AR. By default, the Simulation package is not installed. Also, you can use AR Foundation Remote for the convenient "live" development with your Phone. Some comparison info between different packages for testing you can find here.

Try to use Templates by Unity with AR Feature you need to avoid this issue, or my templates.

----

If you have your own customized project and see the issue in the build for some reason, then possibly your device can't support AR features (iOS, Android), or you need to clean the build stuff:
    • delete library folder
    • clean build folder
    • delete the app on the phone completely (for iOS: without saving any info - step 2 in the removal process)
    • iOS: Delete Derived Data for your Project with the path like file:///Users/makaka.org/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/...

11. Prahelika07

Prahelika07

Did you change your platform to iOS or Android in Build Settings?

12. shovitnaik117

shovitnaik117

Go to Edit > Project Settings > XR Plug-in management > Windows, Mac, Linux Settings (Symbol looks like a monitor) then enable XR Simulation. That should solve it.