Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug No 2020.1 branch of NavMeshComponents

Discussion in '2020.1 Beta' started by Kichang-Kim, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Kichang-Kim

Kichang-Kim

Hi. I found that latest NavMeshComponents shows compiler warning due to deprecated API in 2020.1.0b5. There is no 2020.1 branch on its github repository.

Please make NavMeshComponents be package and automatically update it by Unity's major version change, like other packages (ex, timeline, textmeshpro and so on). Or merge it to engine's navmesh feature. Why it is separated? I think there is no benefit. (Does anyone use NavMesh feature only without NavMeshComponents?)

Currently, for every Unity update, you should delete exiting NavMeshComponents and download new branch of it and extract to project folder. It is very annoying.

phobos2077 likes this.
  2. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

Most of the NavMeshComponents haven't been updated for 2+ years and there are 90+ reported issues. It looks pretty abandoned to me.

phobos2077 and hippocoder like this.
  3. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Was supposed to be moved to packages but I haven't heard a peep since. I think the lone dev on it might be doing some DOTS port, if there is a dev on it, that is.

phobos2077 likes this.
  4. Kichang-Kim

Kichang-Kim