Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

NJG Minimap [Released]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by hjupter, Apr 23, 2013.

?

Do you need DF-GUI support for this asset?

Poll closed Jun 3, 2015.
  1. Yes

56 vote(s)
    60.9%
  2. No

36 vote(s)
    39.1%
  1. hjupter

hjupter

Sorry I've been quite busy.. Hmm I've never heard of this before, actually I was considering of moving to another tween library. I will let you know.

For the mesh version you have to create your own gui buttons etc, all these will be replaced with the new ui on the new version which its almost done, just need some time to finish few things.

BackwoodsGaming and wahyuway like this.
  2. supericon

supericon

I just updated to the latest version of Unity, and it has broken the map system now. I get this error:

Assets/NinjutsuGames/NJG MiniMap/Mesh Version/Scripts/UI/UIMiniMapOnGUI.cs(146,25): error CS0103: The name `mLastPos' does not exist in the current context

3. twobob

twobob

what 4.6? or 5.0?

That error looks familiar somehow...
    Wasn't this to do with a missing namespace maybe? or something like that? can't seem to dredge it up.

4. twobob

twobob

asset store version 1.5.7 I get
    Assets/NinjutsuGames/NJG MiniMap/Common/Scripts/Internal/UIMapBase.cs(1305,31): error CS0103: The name `UICamera' does not exist in the current context
    again... wasn't this fixed, like 2 months ago?

5. hjupter

hjupter

Hi yeah I have fixed all these issues but I did not uploaded this fix to the asset store since I had planned to directly upload the new version which have uGUI integrated, I'm just fixing some minor things then I should be able to update hopefully next week.

Few major changes: overall the whole code has been simplified and UIMiniMap, UIWorldMap has been merged into one class called UIMap, NJGMap settings is now located into the project on a scriptable object so it can be globally accessible without needing to have it present on each scene.

hopeful likes this.
  6. twobob

twobob

Cool. I fixed it anyhow.

Quick note. If you get reports of mangled presets it is the Upgrade to Unity 5.0 process that does this.

Disabling cache, Deleting and doing it again fixed it.

Looking forward to the update.

7. Yukichu

Yukichu

Requests since I am continually frustrated with things:

1. MapIcons and FOW is really.. iffy at times. If your reveal distance is too small, even if the map is 'explored' you can't reveal the stupid icon until you're standing on top of it.

2. Please, please, please make it so map icons do not reset to "None" for the Marker Type when you disable the map. I dynamically create the map at runtime, and every single icon sets itself to NONE. I have to write a second script to update every map icon when... I really shouldn't.

I pulled my hair out until I figured these things out.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  8. hjupter

hjupter

Sorry for the headaches, I'm going to add these fixes for the upcoming release which its really almost done, do you have skype? would be even better if I just send you a version to test so you can keep your hair :)

9. Yukichu

Yukichu

I am honestly afraid of breaking the nearly working system I have now. I'll just wait for a more official release.

10. hoodoo

hoodoo

Hello Hjupter -

I purchased your Minimap asset in November and am looking forward to using the new version that works well with uGui. I actually haven't used it yet, and figured I might as well work on other things in my game until you have uGui support. Do you have an idea yet about when you think the new version will be ready?

Also since I haven't used your Minimap yet (nothing to merge or change from earlier versions), I would be happy to beta test the new version if you need feedback, provided there are instructions since I'm a newbie :) I am a professional software developer in my day job so not afraid to look through the code, debug etc.

Cheers,

-Dave.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
    RCAcree likes this.
  11. RCAcree

RCAcree

I also bought this back when it was on sale but am finally to the point in my game where i am trying to do map and mini map stuff... I am glad I found this form because I was supper frustrated with that dumb error... I like Hoodoo would be interested on possible release dates for new update or if i could help test i would be willing to do that as well... just let me know.

12. Demonith88

Demonith88

Does this work with uGUI and how to setup this ??

13. twobob

twobob

the 4.6 GUI support is "in progress" to be released "Next".

in the README it says the couple of basic steps required to get a map working.

There is a demo.

HTH

14. Demonith88

Demonith88

I have a problem when i enter in new scene my minimap is blunk white any solution ?

15. jakes-du-preez

jakes-du-preez

When can we expect this long promised new version?

BackwoodsGaming and twobob like this.
  16. kotor

kotor

It seems like it is not working with Unity 5. Any new update coming for that ?

17. super-cypher

super-cypher

Hi
    im also waiting for a unity5 update, any news when its coming? really need to have this asap!

thanks

18. RyuMaster

RyuMaster

The last update was ages ago, I was postponing my map works because update was promised all the time, but when realistically we can expect it? Maybe its just better for me to look for another map solution, because I don't want to postpone it any longer. When I bought it, uGUI wasn't even out, so I'm not complaining about lack of features, but just it would be nice to tell some more concrete release date if it is going to be out.

jakes-du-preez likes this.
  19. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

I'm anxious to get the new uGUI version as well..

20. Demonith88

Demonith88

I have problems in side Unity 5

21. twobob

twobob

uh hu
    they dropped the old flash support
    rip the code out

with some //

and you should be good

22. Demonith88

Demonith88

Where i shell put //

23. twobob

twobob

The errors above tell you the exact file names , and then the line number, and then the character

it is obvious when you go to those lines - you shove them at the start.

To be honest, I am not going to use this project until the new UI version makes an appearance.

will be fixed by then

24. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Yup.. I'm in the same boat. Luckily I'm not in a huge rush, so hopefully it will be updated by the time I really need it.

twobob likes this.
  25. twobob

twobob

hmm,,, roughly a 1/3 of a year? 1/4? I think that is the count so far... Have to exactly remember when it was.. But that is the time roughly on the clock ;) so, could be pretty soon I think.

One man project, new UI, new engine version, big codebase.

Youch ;)

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  26. KyleStaves

KyleStaves

Just to make sure it's reported, once you get past the compile errors it works fine on Unity 5 in the editor. However, Windows builds (I didn't test anything else) show the map plane as just a purple rectangle. I'm using the NGUI version if that makes a difference.

hopeful likes this.
  27. Ian094

Ian094

Hi, I'm using the Mesh Version. I managed to get passed the compile errors by commenting out the UnityEngine.TextureFormat errors and by including "UNITY_5_0" on the "UIMiniMapOnGUI.cs".

When I play, It clearly doesn't work properly - the player icon doesn't move and when I rotate, all other icons rotate around the center of the map. It looks really glitchy.

Is there a fix to this?

28. twobob

twobob

@Intense_Gamer94
    Nah - not that I found yet. - mesh version here. you can try zooming in and out on the minimap - I think I ended up trying to do manual refreshing. In the end I decided to wait.

29. hjupter

hjupter

Hey guys sorry about the issues you are having, I've been strugling myself a bit with some personal issues but the new version is right on track it works perfectly on Unity 5 but I still need to finish the Unity UI just minor stuff so I think by the next week I will be pushing the new version to asset store.

Here is the list of changes so far:

- NEW: Unity 5 ready.
    - NEW: Zones can now render the map on trigger making this very useful for cases like if you enter a house and only want to display the inside etc.
    You can set custom render layers and minimap/worldmap zoom.
    - NEW: NJGMap settings is now saved on a Resources folder for global use, no need to have NJGMap script on the scene anymore
    - NEW: Added new UIMap class which will handle minimap and worldmap old MiniMap and WorldMap classes has been deleted
    - NEW: Revamped code to eliminate innecessary classes and methods
    - NEW: Revamped NGUI version
    - NEW: NGUI version prefab now use the new NGUI anchor system
    - NEW: Is now possible to disable "keys" for shortcuts (Toggle map, zoom in/out, etc)
    - NEW: Added an onTargetChanged event which will be triggered every time the UIMap target is changed
    - NEW: Removed shader type there's only 2 shaders one for FOW and another for regular map
    - FIX: Reduced memory allocation and some minor performance optimizations
    - FIX: Fixed an issue with KeySelector
    - FIX: Fixed an issue where map wasnt being displayed with the current zoom at the begining

BackwoodsGaming, hopeful and twobob like this.
  30. Darkling420

Darkling420

So you say you uploaded an update back for this year long error in October. Then you say you never uploaded it. You can't be trusted at all with so many lies.
    For everyone looking, just use KGF Map System, much better and good support. https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/3977

31. twobob

twobob

Please don't put a post with my name in it - next to the word Lies.
    Appreciated.

and the product you linked to has this as it's termination
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/minimap-map-system-released.147121/page-4
    As you can see no Unity 5.0 support is listed at this time. (or on it's official thread)

Also the author here implied personal difficulties, unless you are actually pursuing a refund or something I don't see the value in berating an author who has just said that, despite everything, he has come up with improvements to all his previously paid-up customers.

It's not like he is asking even for more money for these works, supporting assets on the store is a noble labour of love.

So, Carrot, not stick.
    And a complete lack of communication does not constitute lies, nor does miscommunication, nor does poor implementation. Or there are a million liars out there right now.

:) my thoughts.
    (not those of my company)

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
    RCAcree, hopeful and Tethys like this.
  32. hjupter

hjupter

Guys if you are in a hurry I can send you the new NGUI version the Unity UI version will be ready next week.

RCAcree and Tethys like this.
  33. twobob

twobob

I can wait.
    I appreciate the honest offer of help though.

And for those of you with 40 mins to kill, here is why I appreciate that genuine offer of help and why we try to help others.

Tethys likes this.
  34. hjupter

hjupter

Thanks a lot for your support, I have never thank you before and you have been of help answering questions faster than me hehe, Thank you again :)

RCAcree likes this.
  35. twobob

twobob

You are welcome.
    I don't do it for the thanks. but it never hurts.

Same to you

RCAcree likes this.
  36. Vicnent

Vicnent

Hi,
    I have a problème with Unity5 and NGUI 3.8.1. The rotation / scale / drag of the minimap texture does not work.
    It's the same with demo scenes.
    The problems seems to come form material.SetMatrix().

Is there a fix to this?
    Thanks a lot.

37. hjupter

hjupter

Hi, there is a new version ready for NGUI send me an email with your invoice number at hjupter@ninjutsugames.com and I will send you the new NGUI version.

38. AlanGreyjoy

AlanGreyjoy

So, I am extremely interested in buying this... but I don't use, nor do I ever plan to, NGUI.

Are you planning on adding unity's new ui support?

Also, would it be hard for you to add a horizontal type compass instead of a minimap? (Think skyrim)

Thanks for reading!

39. Tethys

Tethys

He said in the thread a few posts above yours that he is releasing a version of this that uses uGUI next week.

40. YoshyDosh

YoshyDosh

Just bought, doesnt work.

Unity 5.0 = Error
    Unity 4.6.3 = Error
    Unity 4.3 = Error

Emailed two different support emails... no response.

Im using the mesh version only.

Exact errors for all versions.

Assets/NinjutsuGames/NJG MiniMap/Common/Scripts/Internal/UIMapBase.cs(1305,31): error CS0103: The name `UICamera' does not exist in the current context

Am i missing something?

I will last try version Unity 4.5 like it says is required , if no work i would like a full refund.

41. YoshyDosh

YoshyDosh

Theres also these errors im finding

Assets/NinjutsuGames/NJG MiniMap/Mesh Version/Scripts/UI/UIMiniMapOnGUI.cs(146,25): error CS0103: The name `mLastPos' does not exist in the current context

Version 5 unity, once you update some code get this one, then update code get a new error etc.

42. species5618

species5618

Im getting the same error in unity 4.6.x any info on how to solve it?
    Where should this value be declared?

43. Ian094

Ian094

To fix this error, you'll have to include "UNITY_4_6" on line 139.

44. twobob

twobob

Hi @neodarko2012
    and @species5618
    What intense said, plus the update is supposedly being finished today(ish) (one week after 20th) so perhaps it will drop soon with the U5 support and updated Gui. Here's hoping :)

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  45. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Ditto on the hoping... :p

twobob likes this.
  46. YoshyDosh

YoshyDosh

Intense_Gamer94

To fix this error, you'll have to include "UNITY_4_6" on line 139.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks i will try this.
    He emailed me and we sorted it, i sent him the file for the UICamera.cs he sent an edited version back and it works. Well apart from my player icon is not showing , but at least i can see my autogenerated terrain on the minimap and big map also. Just cannot get my player icon to show , tried different depths etc...

twobob

Hi @neodarko2012
    and @species5618
    What intense said, plus the update is supposedly being finished today(ish) (one week after 20th) so perhaps it will drop soon with the U5 support and updated Gui. Here's hoping :)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi man.

I was using unity 4.5.5 with just the mesh version ......U5 support would be nice though i gonna stick with lower version for awhile i think, need to get everything working , i dont understand where the player icons are linked to my player i dont see anywhere to set it.

47. Ian094

Ian094

I'm guessing your icons aren't displaying because you haven't added the "NJGMapItem.cs" to your player.

48. YoshyDosh

YoshyDosh

Thanks man that worked ;)

49. elusive52

elusive52

how are we doing with the unity5/UGUI update? im also waiting....

50. Demonith88

Demonith88

I made it work on U5 but my map wont show where i am its just freezed in one position when i scroll it i scroll only my icon :/ not the map