Search Unity

NJG Minimap [Released]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by hjupter, Apr 23, 2013.

?

Do you need DF-GUI support for this asset?

Poll closed Jun 3, 2015.
  1. Yes

56 vote(s)
    60.9%
  2. No

36 vote(s)
    39.1%
  1. hjupter

hjupter

Thanks for reporting this, I will prepare an update for Unity 4.3

2. dstew

dstew

hjupter,

Do you have an update on DF GUI support?

3. hjupter

hjupter

I first needed to finish the new version with the latest NGUI version which is now available on the asset store. Now I can focus on the DF-GUI support and Ultimate Input NGUI 3 support.

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/8339

4. SunTotem

SunTotem

Unity 4.3 with last update:
    Assets/NinjutsuGames/NJG MiniMap/Common/Scripts/Core/NJGFOW.cs(45,16): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `BetterList`1' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
    Assets/NinjutsuGames/NJG MiniMap/Common/Scripts/Core/NJGFOW.cs(48,16): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `BetterList`1' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
    Assets/NinjutsuGames/NJG MiniMap/Common/Scripts/Core/NJGFOW.cs(51,16): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `BetterList`1' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
    Assets/NinjutsuGames/NJG MiniMap/Common/Scripts/Internal/UIMapBase.cs(43,24): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `NJGMap' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
    Assets/NinjutsuGames/NJG MiniMap/ExamplesAssets/Scripts/UILabelDebug.cs(8,9): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `UILabel' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

5. hjupter

hjupter

That update was submitted before Unity 4.3 was released, there is a new update for it under way... anyways the only error I found was that a script was needing a "UNITY_4_3" tag on the code after "UNITY_4_2" everything else is warnings and few inspector glitches.

6. Griffo

Griffo

Unity 4.2.2f1
    Installed today and get these errors

Assets/NinjutsuGames/NJG MiniMap/NGUI Version/Scripts/Core/NJGMap.cs(31,16): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `UISpriteData' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
    Assets/NinjutsuGames/NJG MiniMap/NGUI Version/Scripts/Core/NJGMap.cs(41,16): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `UISpriteData' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
    Assets/NinjutsuGames/NJG MiniMap/NGUI Version/Scripts/Core/NJGMap.cs(55,16): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `UISpriteData' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
    Assets/NinjutsuGames/NJG MiniMap/NGUI Version/Scripts/Core/NJGMap.cs(69,16): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `UISpriteData' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

7. hjupter

hjupter

UISpriteData is a class from NGUI 3.x so I'm assuming you are using NGUI 2.x, the latest version of NJG Minimap is not compatible with that version of NGUI (2.x), so you need the latest one (3.x).

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  8. Griffo

Griffo

Thank for the very fast reply, I've never used NGUI so I presume it's part of Unity 4 ? I've only ever used the Unity GUI, how and where do I update NGUI ?

Thanks.

9. GenericGame

GenericGame

Bounds does not update properly in my scenario.

In my game, I'm using infinite terrain. The radar is working great except for two things:

1. The bounds always start from world position x0,z0. I have display bounds set, when the player moves away, in the thousands, the map begins to produce the entire zone. Let's say, if the player is 50,000 meters away from 0, then the bounds will set itself not only around the objects marked as terrain which builds the map, but the bounds wrap all the way back.

This produces a very bad effect. The map is now of low quality, since it's placing more data into the same amount or same size image. If the player moves in only one direction, the map is now truncated along one axis, making the map look smooshed. I have wrote code to find all objects using the layer the bounds are supposed to automatically generate around, and the gameobjects are not anywhere near 0,0 where the map starts. Please help.

2. I cannot get fog of war to work at all. The radar starts showing the map produced for the first few seconds, then it turns the fog of war color. FOW does not show revealed position as it should be doing.

I'm available for Google hangout if you would like to see.

10. mcconrad

mcconrad

i just upgraded to newest version (1.5) and am now getting this compiler error:
    Assets/NinjutsuGames/NJG MiniMap/Common/Scripts/Internal/UIMapBase.cs(43,24): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `NJGMap' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

i am not using the NGUI version and i deleted both NGUI folders to remove the other compiler errors, but cant get past this one.

ALSO: fyi, the link to your forums page contains a trojan horse (or so AVG says), so might want to check that..

11. runningbird

runningbird

I too only use Unity GUI and am receiving the same error:

The type or namespace name `UISpriteData' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

I tried removing the NGUI folder and this caused many other issues.

12. hjupter

hjupter

Hey guys, sorry for the late reply, I dont know why I did not get any email with these posts.

Ok, I'm not at home right now but I will investigate the issue with the Non-NGUI version. I'm working on an update for Unity 4.3, I will include the fixes for this issue but the best would be separate these versions into different packages, that will come on a near future release.

This is certainly a unexpected case, I'll definitely need to take a look closer on this, ,do you have skype?

13. GenericGame

GenericGame

i have google hangout if you like, pm me details?

14. GenericGame

GenericGame

bounds still broken for infinite terrain. Fog of War still doesn't work.

15. hjupter

hjupter

PM sent!

For everyone else having issues with Unity 4.3 and non-ngui version an updated version will be submitted tonight.

16. nigel-moore

nigel-moore

Any news on those latest bug fixes? - Latest NGUI (3.05), latest MiniMap (1.5) and latest Unity (4.3) and I'm getting:
    ??

Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
  17. hjupter

hjupter

Updated version will be soon on the asset store :)

18. Etarnalazure

Etarnalazure

19. hjupter

hjupter

20. hjupter

hjupter

Hey all, I submitted a new version last monday, but since NGUI its being updated so often I will have to re-submit a new version today so it's going to take a bit to be released on the asset store.

Anyone needing the new version ping me up with your invoice # and I will send it to you.

Here are the changes:

- NEW: Unity 4.3 support
    - NEW: NGUI 3.0.6 f7 support
    - FIX: Fixed a bug with Dynamic Render mode for scenes modified at run-time.
    - FIX: Selection sprites should display fine when is assigned under icons settings.
    - FIX: The non NGUI version should now works fine without NGUI.

21. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hey Hjupter,

How is the DFGUI work going? It'd be really great to have (as I've dropped NGUI), and I'm sure the folk(s) over at Daikon Forge would be more than happy to help this adopted to DFGUI quickly as the minimap is a great asset!

22. hjupter

hjupter

Still being worked on just have been a bit busy with my job and updating the NGUI version but DFGUI support is definitely coming this month, can't promise when but hopefully next week or so.

23. CSAdam

CSAdam

Hi I'm getting this error:

Assets/NinjutsuGames/NJG MiniMap/Common/Scripts/Internal/UIMapBase.cs(365,49): error CS0120: An object reference is required to access non-static member `UIPanel.SetDirty()'

As soon as the package is imported.

I'm using:
    Unity 4.3.0 f4
    NGUI 3.0.6 f1
    NJG MiniMap 1.5.0

It appears as though UIMapBase is trying to make a static function call (SetDirty()) to the NGUI script, UIPanel, however there is only a public member function of that name.

Happy to make any small edits that might need to happen on my end, but didn't want to go editing and changing your code without contacting you first

24. hjupter

hjupter

I posted above about a new version (1.5.1) that was submitted to the asset store, you can email/PM me with your invoice # and I will send you the new version :)

25. hjupter

hjupter

The new version is already on the store:

Asset Store Link

- NEW: Unity 4.3 support
    - NEW: NGUI 3.0.6 f7 support
    - FIX: Fixed a bug with Dynamic Render mode for scenes modified at run-time.
    - FIX: Selection sprites should display fine when is assigned under icons settings.
    - FIX: The package should now works fine without NGUI.

26. mcconrad

mcconrad

i upgraded to NGUI 3 and newest NJGMap and now get the compiler error:

Assets/NinjutsuGames/NJG MiniMap/Common/Scripts/Internal/UIMapBase.cs(365,49): error CS0120: An object reference is required to access non-static member `UIPanel.SetDirty()'

i see another person had this error, but you said it was fixed in latest version, though it appears not to be

27. hjupter

hjupter

You need to get the latest version 1.5.1 and latest NGUI version (3.0.6/7) to get that error fixed. Make sure to delete the whole NJGMinimap folder first then import the new one. Let me know if got it working properly.

28. mcconrad

mcconrad

i did both of those steps, removed all folders and imported from scratch. now when i play scene i get a thousand instances of _Icon being created. i used to be able to fix this by rebuilding the atlas (every time i started unity) but with 1.5.1 i do not see that button anymore

29. hjupter

hjupter

Thats really weird, never seen that myself before, could you send me an screenshot of the error? or do you have skype?

Wait rebuiliding the atlas, are you using NGUI?... that sounds bad.

Just ping me up I will help you.

30. nigel-moore

nigel-moore

Ok, so I was quite excited to see that there was an update to this asset as I have never been able to successfully implement it using NGUI (due to increasingly fast NGUI update cycles I presume) - however in a new project that only has the latest NGUI (3.0.7 f2) and the latest Minimap assets from the asset store I am unable to get ANY of the nGUI minimap examples working :-/ with a raft of errors and NullReferenceExceptions filling up the console each time I press play (in editor)! Here are the first two (all in pairs like this):
    PHP:
    Can't add script behaviour UIRect. The script class can't be abstract!
    UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent()
    UITweener:Begin(GameObjectSingle) (at Assets/NGUI/Scripts/Tweening/UITweener.cs:385)
    TweenAlpha:Begin(GameObjectSingleSingle) (at Assets/NGUI/Scripts/Tweening/TweenAlpha.cs:49)
    UIMapIcon:OnVisible() (at Assets/NinjutsuGames/NJG MiniMap/NGUI Version/Scripts/Internal/UIMapIcon.cs:146)
    NJG.UIMapIconBase:CheckAnimations() (at Assets/NinjutsuGames/NJG MiniMap/Common/Scripts/Internal/UIMapIconBase.cs:109)
    NJG.UIMapIconBase:Start() (at Assets/NinjutsuGames/NJG MiniMap/Common/Scripts/Internal/UIMapIconBase.cs:52)
    UIMapIcon:Start() (at Assets/NinjutsuGames/NJG MiniMap/NGUI Version/Scripts/Internal/UIMapIcon.cs:32)

NullReferenceExceptionObject reference not set to an instance of an object
    TweenAlpha
    .get_value () (at Assets/NGUI/Scripts/Tweening/TweenAlpha.cs:35)
    TweenAlpha.Begin (UnityEngine.GameObject goSingle durationSingle alpha) (at Assets/NGUI/Scripts/Tweening/TweenAlpha.cs:50)
    UIMapIcon.OnVisible () (at Assets/NinjutsuGames/NJG MiniMap/NGUI Version/Scripts/Internal/UIMapIcon.cs:146)
    NJG.UIMapIconBase.CheckAnimations () (at Assets/NinjutsuGames/NJG MiniMap/Common/Scripts/Internal/UIMapIconBase.cs:109)
    NJG.UIMapIconBase.Start () (at Assets/NinjutsuGames/NJG MiniMap/Common/Scripts/Internal/UIMapIconBase.cs:52)
    UIMapIcon.Start () (at Assets/NinjutsuGames/NJG MiniMap/NGUI Version/Scripts/Internal/UIMapIcon.cs:32)
    Frustrating as I really need to get this into my projects :-(

Any ideas / thoughts / updates??

31. hjupter

hjupter

This error might be due to the new version of NGUI :( ... I have to push another update for it, I will have it ready in a while, ping me up with your invoice # and I will send you the fixed version.

32. hjupter

hjupter

The reason of these errors is due to a change on how Tween works, I already have a fix for it anyone needing this ASAP just ping me up.

I will submit a new version today along with some other changes.

33. hjupter

hjupter

Hey, the new version 1.5.2 has been submitted yesterday, I already tested with the latest NGUI version 3.0.7 f3 and it works perfectly fine.

Here is the list of changes:

- NEW: NGUI 3.0.7 f2 support
    - NEW: Added a new prefab with a resizable and dragable World Map.
    - NEW: Added a new fullscreen button for the world map. (See the scene "Example - 2D Resizable")
    - FIX: Zoom keys won't affect minimap while world map is open anymore.

Work on the DF-GUI version already.

34. Nosferatu

Nosferatu

Importing it throws 26 errors related to missing NGUI scripts.
    Removing the NGUI version folder complains of missing BetterList'1'

35. hjupter

hjupter

Regarding the 26 errors I assume you dont have NGUI installed. This is going to change on the next version since those version folders are going to be replaced by Unity packages so you import what you need.

I just found the issues with the Mesh Version, I now have a version which fix these issues with the Mesh Version ping me up with your invoice so I can send you the link.

There is very few people using the Mesh Version that I forgot to double check those issues.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  36. Trithilon

Trithilon

DF-GUI, support please. I am moving myself away from the Horror called NGUI.

37. RC15

RC15

Hi,
    If terrain changes at runtime (for example texture or height) minimap texture is updated as well ?!

38. hjupter

hjupter

Yes, all you have to do is call the method "NJGMap.instance.GenerateMap()" whenever you want and the texture will be updated :)

39. RC15

RC15

Hi hjupter,

Thanks for your reply.
    My terrain ( actually a procedural mesh) changes every frame, keeping trace of the main character path.
    Could it be a performance issue to call NJGMap.instance.GenerateMap() every frame ?!

40. Velo222

Velo222

Sorry if this is stated somewhere, but does your system have support for displaying the camera frustrum on the minimap?

If so, could the camera frustrum indicators change size if I zoom in and out with the camera? I'm making an rts and I need to have the camera frustrum displayed on the minimap.

Thank you.

41. hjupter

hjupter

Sounds like you have been horrorified by NGUI 2 :p.. Have you tried the latest version of NGUI 3? its way much better, easier to use, better performance etc.

I know of a customer who have dynamic terrain and is updating the map very often, its a mobile game and the last thing I heard it was doing good.

Sent you a PM!

42. dstew

dstew

So does this mean that DF-GUI will not be supported?

43. EmeralLotus

EmeralLotus

@hjupter

I really need DaikonForge support. Please add it.
    Cheers.

44. hjupter

hjupter

Yes, ofc it will be supported, will be coming on the next release :)

45. dev_2051

dev_2051

Another update in NGUI(3.0.7 f3) :( is causing errors in minimap,with following error stack

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    TweenAlpha.set_value (Single value) (at Assets/NGUI/Scripts/Tweening/TweenAlpha.cs:35)
    TweenAlpha.OnUpdate (Single factor, Boolean isFinished) (at Assets/NGUI/Scripts/Tweening/TweenAlpha.cs:41)
    UITweener.Sample (Single factor, Boolean isFinished) (at Assets/NGUI/Scripts/Tweening/UITweener.cs:282)
    UITweener.Update () (at Assets/NGUI/Scripts/Tweening/UITweener.cs:208)

Also if my player dies in the scene the minimap starts throwing errors as its looking for a gameobject(based on tag mentioned) which is now null.Ideally the code should handle this scenario also.

Thanks.

46. hjupter

hjupter

The latest version on the store was submitted supporting NGUI 3.0.7 f2 unfortunately since NGUI is changing so often, TweenAlpha changed they way it works, I already have a fixed version for this just ping me up and I will send the fix.

47. dev_2051

dev_2051

PM send.

48. hjupter

hjupter

The demo has been updated to the latest version, full screen world map has been tweaked a bit, you can drag it and resize it too.

Demo

A new version fixing few issues its already done and will be submitted soon the asset store:

- NEW: There is now 2 packages for each version. (NGUI, Mesh)
    - NEW: NGUI 3.0.8 support
    - FIX: Fullscreen functionality has been improved (animated fullscreen, icons position and masking etc.) <- NGUI Only!
    - FIX: Some tweaks to both versions.

PD: DF-GUI users, holidays has delayed me a bit, just wait a bit more ;) (Jan)

49. dev_2051

dev_2051

NJG Minimap 1.5.3 is working fine with NGUI 3.0.8 f3

But i ran into a problem,it seems while defining map icons only one atlas can be taken.I am having two different atlas one for player icons and other for enemy icons.Since my enemy icons are different depending on the level played(player icons are same).Thus the only solution i can think is to create separate atlas having same player icons and different enemy icons.But it will lead to unnecessary atlas size increase.

Can you please suggest what can be the best approach in this scenario?

50. hjupter

hjupter

Well using more than 1 atlas drives into more memory usage, whats the reason behind using 2 different atlas for minimap icons? .. I recommend you to keep them all into 1 atlas if they are too many I guess an atlas for icons should be fine.