Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

NJG Minimap [Released]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by hjupter, Apr 23, 2013.

?

Do you need DF-GUI support for this asset?

Poll closed Jun 3, 2015.
  1. Yes

56 vote(s)
    60.9%
  2. No

36 vote(s)
    39.1%
  1. mkgame

mkgame

Hi,

I didn't see any NGUI implementation in the 1.6.x versions. That is pretty bad because NGUI is still the pro GUI variant. Because of speed, because where you have trouble with UGUI, NGUI already has a fix/solution for it.

If you have trouble with rendering the map, change in NJGMapRenderer the following:

change this line in OnPostRender() method:

Code (CSharp):
    1. map.mapTexture.ReadPixels(new Rect(0f, 0f, map.mapSize.x, map.mapSize.y), 0, 0, map.generateMipmaps);
    To this ones

Code (CSharp):
    3. RenderTexture rt = new RenderTexture((int)map.mapSize.x, (int)map.mapSize.y, 24);
    4. myCam.targetTexture = rt;
    5. myCam.Render();
    6. RenderTexture.active = rt;
    7. map.mapTexture.ReadPixels(new Rect(0f, 0f, map.mapSize.x, map.mapSize.y), 0, 0, map.generateMipmaps);
    8. myCam.targetTexture = null;
    At the beginning of the OnPostRender() method/callback you also need (yield return new WaitForEndOfFrame()):

Code (CSharp):
    1. IEnumerator OnPostRender() {
    2.         yield return new WaitForEndOfFrame();
    In a multicamera environment I got a noisy bad image or an image from the main camera. I tried a lot of possibilities, like camera.onPostRender += myRenderer, but just this solution worked. Im using 5.6.3, this was broken for me since 5.4.x.

2. mkgame

mkgame

Im using 1.5.7, it has NGUI support. I guess 1.6.x does not have any NGUI support anymore and it also has just one example. 1.6.x is a heavy downgrade. However 1.5.7 is a good asset, maybe the best minimap asset. I'm using NGUI 3.11.4 with minimap 1.5.7.

3. jessejarvis

jessejarvis

All I can find are broken links. Anybody have up-to-date setup instructions?

Personally all I want is the World Map, as I am using a Compass (like Skyrim).

4. hopeful

hopeful

This asset has been abandoned. Maybe someone here has fixed their own copy and can respond to you, but most likely everyone has moved on to something else.

5. MetaMythril

MetaMythril

That's disappointing to hear. Have any good alternatives popped up?

6. jessejarvis

jessejarvis

Well to be fair, this is an asset that doesn't really need active development. The basis for the Minimap was made. It's just a shame that the documentation flew out the window because the website is gone.

7. hopeful

hopeful

I don't think there's anything out there with the same feature set.

8. EDarkness

EDarkness

Well, he never updated it for NGUI and Unity 5. I don't use UGUI and was waiting for him to do the update that he promised me he'd get done. Months and months later he still never updated it for NGUI. It was majorly broken in my project and I just had to remove it entirely. As of now I don't have a mini-map in my game.

9. hopeful

hopeful

Users were waiting for bug fixes. If you have a copy that works for you, great. If you find bugs and fix them, if it's not too much trouble, report them back to this thread. It might help someone else.

10. RD

RD

jessejarvis and hopeful like this.
  11. jessejarvis

jessejarvis

What bugs are those?

Thanks!

12. hopeful

hopeful

I don't recall right now. It's been a long time since I last looked at this. But start off with making sure you can build, and that it works as expected in the build. Seems to me I was having issues along those lines.

EDarkness likes this.
  13. EDarkness

EDarkness

That was the problem I was having. It wouldn't even build in Unity 5 if it was being used with NGUI. I had to remove everything related to this asset just to build my project. He kept telling me he was going to fix it and months and months passed without him fixing it. This guy was pretty terrible as an asset creator.

VREntertainment likes this.
  14. xxhaissamxx

xxhaissamxx

how to change map texture size it's look pixels on zoom

15. twobob

twobob

How this asset is still on the store is a mystery in 2018

hopeful and OneManBandGames like this.
  16. OneManBandGames

OneManBandGames

True that......just reported it again in the store. I'm usually the last person to complain or to write negative reviews, software is always complicated and for 15$ I don't expect 24/7 lifetime premium support. But the asset is just broken out of the box, developer does not respond anymore and it just should not be in the store under those circumstances.

twobob likes this.
  17. twobob

twobob

MIA for at least two years. Didn't work the day I bought it 4 years ago. Never HAS. Tried supporting the dev, that was also without merit.
    Save your effort.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
    xxhaissamxx likes this.