Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

NJG Minimap [Released]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by hjupter, Apr 23, 2013.

?

Do you need DF-GUI support for this asset?

Poll closed Jun 3, 2015.
  1. Yes

56 vote(s)
    60.9%
  2. No

36 vote(s)
    39.1%
  1. Disastercake

Disastercake

A great tweening solution I always recommend is DoTween. You can see performance comparisons at the bottom of that page.

I am also interested in buying this asset if it works with Unity 5 and uGUI out of the box without finagling with the code.

hopeful likes this.
  2. twobob

twobob

The long distant dawn will soon be upon us

3. Doctor_Neuron

Doctor_Neuron

My thoughts on waiting six plus months for a function that was listed as working in the beginning is similar to that posted above by Darkling minus the rage. I was never able to use it either, so I see the frustration.
    How do you rationalize your theory when it's loaded with anomalies, yet the Darkling provides proof of dates (no anomalies) spanning six or more months, making his statement factual, although I don't agree with the word "liar" either, I am a defender of truth and what you stated was also inaccurate. I will end with this: "Humans are Lemurs jumping from the same cliff, always following what someone else believes instead of thinking for themselves. It is this lack of mental capacity which will end this world and life as we know it".

Carrots are only as strong as it's weakest String...

Have you taken employment with the dev which changed your point of view from the message of last November?

p.s. this is the type of behavior we expect from politicians, programming the minds of the weak to conform to the masses. I would have otherwise not wasted my time to comment on this forum since I tossed the asset myself nine months ago when it became necessary to write my own to use with onGUI.

4. twobob

twobob

no, I did send him a polite message though asking for an update.
    Which he replied to advising that two bugs were currently holding the release up.

As for "Have you taken employment", Sigh, what a sad world we live in. No. I just felt the author might perform better if given some actual encouragement as opposed to constant criticism, which didn't appear to be getting anyone anywhere.
    Of course the majority of the world is driven by money, so, you would assume that I had some ulterior motive...

Well, I have read your appraisal of what I should do with my opinion. I will take it under advisement.
    Feel free to kick him as much as you like.

"And, No, I am not convinced he tests his releases on non NGui systems.
    Nor am I convinced that he is really that committed to this asset"

Still not convinced he tested them properly at that time. Nor that he was giving regular input.
    What was your point? The money is spent. IMHO Might as well wait for some usable output.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
  5. hjupter

hjupter

Hey guys, just a quick update there is an update coming today finally :).. I apologize to everyone for keep you waiting, it has not been easy to keep up with this while struggling with other things.

hoodoo and hopeful like this.
  6. Disastercake

Disastercake

Does this update port the system over to uGUI and support Unity 5?

7. hjupter

hjupter

Yes, Unity 5 and uGUI is fully supported now. I'm waiting for store approval and will post a new demo here tomorrow.

8. twobob

twobob

Waits patiently.

9. hoodoo

hoodoo

10. twobob

twobob

should be any day now

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  11. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Assuming it must have got kicked back for some reason since it looks like it was submitted on the 1st (or shortly thereafter)..

twobob likes this.
  12. twobob

twobob

Doh. Ah well another round of patience it is, sigh

13. hjupter

hjupter

Sorry about the delay, I'm checking out whats going on, I'm thinking that probably there might be an issue with having 2 different versions of code packed together since UGUI and NGUI versions are different. I uploaded a demo using webgl and UGUI here:

Please note that for some reason the FOW shader is not workign.
    http://ninjutsugames.com/unityassets/njgminimap/webgl/

14. hopeful

hopeful

I can't run the webdemo. I get the following error report:

An error occured running the Unity content on this page. See your browser's JavaScript console for more info. The error was:
    SyntaxError: missing } after function body

15. hjupter

hjupter

Not sure about that issue, I will upload and post a webplayer demo

16. Yukichu

Yukichu

WebGL failed to load in Chrome... I think? I may not have given it enough time to find out. I tried Firefox and it worked; however, it takes a while to load which I don't think is your fault at all. The click-to-teleport thing on map was cool. Overall, looked to be pretty decent. I'm guessing I'll have to rig it for my custom rotation, so I'll just pepper you with questions when it comes out. I'm hoping the code is more concise and readable, but I'll muddle through it regardless.

17. mentolatux

mentolatux

i have much error on this plugin
    error.jpg

18. hjupter

hjupter

I'ts weird it doesn't work for you guys, I tested it with chrome and works fine here but yeah it takes a while to load, its supposed to use compressed version but I'm still not sure what I might be doing wrong anyways thats another topic. I will post the webplayer demo soon today.

BTW forgot to mention this new updated demo is multiplayer using photon.

Looks like you are trying to use the NGUI version without having NGUI installed in your project, if you dont have NGUI you will need to use the other version (Mesh Version), there is an update already submitted which comes with Unity 5 and UGUI support.

twobob likes this.
  19. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Any news on this? You had indicated on the 1st that you were ready to submit it.

20. Mi_Gr

Mi_Gr

Hi,
    ... yes, any news to the new version? Maybe rejected? On your own forum it seems to be in the asset store but there is still nothing to see ...
    Thanks in advance!

21. dstew

dstew

Any information as to why the update is not in the Asset Store is appreciated. Unusual for a submission to take this long.

22. hjupter

hjupter

Hi guys, indeed there is an issue since NGUI and UGUI versions since they are on different packages so I'm making changes so the NGUI version use UGUI as base instead, it would have been easier for me to just sell them as different assets but I'm sure nobody would like that. I will try again to upload the new build soon.

23. dstew

dstew

I would not care if you split the product in two; as long as you provide current users with a way to get both.
    Splitting the product could give you insight into who wants what and if it is still worth developing.

If doing that allows for better, faster updates then do it.

Also, you might as well remove the DF-GUI poll as dfgui was abandoned a long time ago. Perhaps a poll on whether or not to split the product is more relevant.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
  24. mentolatux

mentolatux

tutorial how to add to player in map ???

25. IndieGameHustle

IndieGameHustle

Hello,

Is there a update on the way. This is a very awesome kit, I just wish it still worked.
    Does anyone have any word on this? I will try to reinstall it though.

26. hopeful

hopeful

If one GUI is working, publish it, and then add an update later when the other GUI is working. :)

27. mentolatux

mentolatux

i need dhelp to add to fps kit 2.0 multiplayer , this kit use photon , edd me on skipe as MENTOLATUX

28. mentolatux

mentolatux

this forum is dead ? how to sync player over the network ?

29. Yukichu

Yukichu

Uhh, very confused. So... when is this map thing coming out?

30. wood333

wood333

Hi hjupter,

I bought this asset months ago, and I'm pleased to see you are still developing it. I use Unity 5 now and look forward to finally giving it a go.

I am surprised at some of the posts. They remind me of sports forums with troll posters. LOL Guess you gotta have think skin to deal with some of these Unity3d customers.

Best wishes, and can't wait for the 5 version to be approved for the asset store.

31. mentolatux

mentolatux

wood333 plzz help me with this, is not working to add player over the network , i use multiplayer with photon

32. Yukichu

Yukichu

@mentaolatux - I am having a hard time trying to figure out if you're posting in the wrong thread on purpose, you're confused, or you think that a minimap asset somehow adds players over the network.

This asset doesn't do networking. It creates minimaps.

33. mentolatux

mentolatux

man on single player i configure this minimap to working but i have other game multipayer using photon and dont know to setup player

34. Yukichu

Yukichu

Add a njgMapIcon script or something like that to the other players when they connect, and via script update their icon / visibility / whatever.

35. AlanGreyjoy

AlanGreyjoy

Dude... homie.... homes..... bro... brosef.... brah........ bromie......... when are you going to fix it :) Screw NGUI... uGUI! uGUI! uGUI! uGUI!

I am just messing with you :p

Can't wait till you get this working :) :)

36. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Does anyone still even use NGUI? *hides* :p

AlanGreyjoy and Tethys like this.
  37. hopeful

hopeful

I think the problem is probably more like this plugin was originally written with NGUI in mind, and now it has to adapt to UGUI.

I like the strategy of getting it working on one - whichever one is easiest at this point - and then getting the other one afterward. At least that would get some people a working copy right away. If that's possible.

hjupter has mentioned battling an illness. And he's not the only dev running late with his U5 update due to real life events. So I cut him some slack and wish him the best, and continue to look forward to an update hopefully sometime soon.

38. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Ditto.. I can totally relate to having health issues that effect your ability to work on the computer. Been dealing with some of those myself the past couple of years. Whatever the health issues are, I hope things are getting better and wish him the best.

39. RTSlang

RTSlang

And almost a month later, what's up with Unity 5 support?

40. AlexSledge

AlexSledge

I agree with some of the earier sentiment. Dropping DF-Forge support should happen first - it's been dead for a while.

Additionally, while I'm happy to take uGUI support for free in an update, I also respect the amount of time reworking a solution for the new platform has and will continue to take, so I'd almost recommend releasing it as a new product. Looking at the Asset Store there are already plenty of UI addons which sell independent versions for NGUI and uGUI (or other) - so don't hesitate to do that if that's what YOU need. I've spent more than $25 on lunch (thankfully not often, I prefer the $6 kind for my limited budget), so I never have a problem spending that on a quality asset. If you feel too bad about it, just set either version standalone to $15, or $25 for a bundle of both - it would also give you insight into your actual user base in the market for focusing efforts going forward.

Anyway, looking forward to the uGUI version, as after some thorough evaluation, new projects we'll be working on will be using uGUI (NGUI was used in previous work).

41. EDarkness

EDarkness

I've been wondering when he's going to update this and have contacted him a couple of times with no response. I understand this is difficult stuff, but some kind of update is in order. Even if it's just a "I'm still doing this, please hold on." I would prefer NGUI support as I don't use uGUI and have no intention of doing so, however, having options for both would be great. At least both are covered.

Either way, my minimap is dead and I have another system I can use, but I really like this one more.

42. EDarkness

EDarkness

I wanted to post an update. I spoke with Hjupter and he's working on a solution that works for everyone. He can probably explain it better than I can, but you should e-mail him if you really need something now. Perhaps he will jump in here at some point and give an explanation, but in either case, he has something ready and I imagine it'll be ready to go relatively soon.

hopeful likes this.
  43. RTSlang

RTSlang

Fingers crossed*

44. LoonyBen

LoonyBen

Go back to the October and December posts where there were promises of the same. I understand difficulties, but don't constantly make promises you never keep Mr Obama :p. And people aren't trolls for expecting a return on their purchase @wood333. In the meantime, this is a great minimap for Unity 5 and uGUI for $5 that actually works as advertised. https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/10539

RTSlang likes this.
  45. hoodoo

hoodoo

Happy to hear it - looking forward to integrating into my game with uGUI.

46. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

They aren't responsive either.. I bought it and am having issues with it in my project. Sent an email several days ago and have received no response. Not as nice as this one either. Hopefully @hjupter will get the update with uGui released soon or at least let us contact him with order number if AS is giving him problems submitting.

piotr_skalski likes this.
  47. hoodoo

hoodoo

I'm also trying out the other minimap but having some difficulties. Hoping NJG will be ready soon for uGUI.

48. EDarkness

EDarkness

Another update.... I was told today that the uGUI version of the minimap system was submitted today. Won't help me since I don't use uGUI, but I figure for some of you guys it'll be a huge deal. Hopefully the NGUI version will be released soon. He said there are a couple of bugs he had to work out before it could be submitted.

hopeful likes this.
  49. Brucas

Brucas

Well I guess it is safe to assume that the asset submission didn't quite work out... :(

I'd love to get just the uGUI version of this. Hoping that he'll sort out whatever held up the last submission and get it on the store.

50. hopeful

hopeful

The new version is out! :D

(Does it work? lol)

red2blue, derkoi and twobob like this.