Search Unity

Nixie Tube Display simple asset

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by SpookyCat, Jan 23, 2021.

1. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

When I made the Steampunk demo scene for our MegaFiers asset I wanted to show some info in Nixie tubes, so I did a simple little script that would allow a string or a series of strings to be displayed on Nixie Tube objects. I've made the Nixie tube objects, textures etc. available on my Patreon page as the first of quite a few new assets, 3d models etc. I will be adding in the coming months as I go through some old projects and tidy pull out bits that might be useful to others.

The video above shows the full demo scene I did and other assets from that scene will be available soon. This asset is just the Nixie Tube system.

This asset includes the Nixie Tube 3d objects along with the textures and materials to make it work, and the controlling script. The tubes in the asset use Standard shaders but they can be replaced with any shader you like. You can display any length of string and have it scroll by, or you can display a list of strings if needed. The example prefab in the asset has 9 tubes but you are free to add or remove tubes as required.