Search Unity

¿Nintendo Switch support?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by alcaina7, Oct 21, 2016.

1. QFSW

QFSW

I can confirm that Switch support has been added to 5.6, it was added to the BuildTarget enum in 5.6b

Ryiah likes this.
  2. tscharich

tscharich

Hi, I am a Nintendo Developer and I am sorry I can't say anything about that because it is ileagal and against terms.
    Also you probably won't hear very much about this.

3. Ryiah

Ryiah

You're free to discuss anything that's already been publicly announced. Support was announced as far back as November.

https://unity3d.com/company/public-...form-reach-across-mobile-console-vrar-new-and

Then it was announced in March that it was available with the release of Unity 5.6.

https://blogs.unity3d.com/2017/03/31/5-6-is-now-available-and-completes-the-unity-5-cycle/

4. N1warhead

N1warhead

@Ryiah Well it says 5.6.x.. guessing the X means somewhere in the 6x series it will be there officially. But that in 5.5 it is officially there.

5. Ryiah

Ryiah

I was lazy. I just grabbed the last link someone posted in this thread and saw it had 5.6 in it. :p

N1warhead likes this.
  6. QFSW

QFSW

It's in the currently released 5.6.
    Check they BuildTarget and BuildTargetGroup enumerations, you'll see that Switch is there.

7. N1warhead

N1warhead

@QFSW : Where is this BuildTargetGroup enumerations in Unity? I've never even seen that before.
    I know what Build Target is, just never seen a BuildTargetGroup,

I just googled it and I see the switch in the lists, but I still don't see it in Unity.
    I see Xbox and PS4 an such, but anything Nintendo just isn't there in the Build Targets.
    (Nor was it in the Installer), I checked yesterday just to make sure I didn't miss it.

8. QFSW

QFSW

You need the licensing and and modules for it to even show up in the editor, i know at least the 3DS used a custom branch of Unity for at least a while.

Open up a CS file and type in BuildTarget or BuildTargetGroup and they should show up

upload_2017-4-15_21-31-15.png

upload_2017-4-15_21-31-28.png

Ryiah and N1warhead like this.
  9. N1warhead

N1warhead

Ah okay, thanks... I'm waiting on Nintendo Approval right now, so hopefully I'll be able to find out soon haha.

10. Carwashh

Carwashh

There is currently nothing about the Switch in the dev portal. I've seen numerous (non-Nintendo) people say that Nintendo have stated they're only taking on bigger indie studios atm - but haven't bothered to research if that's true.

11. QFSW

QFSW

you have to contact them for further information, it won't just show up in the portal. The fact is, Unity has support for Switch. Getting the lisence for it is all on Nintendo's side and is a different issue

Ryiah likes this.