Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

nintendo switch support problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lyokoguerier_unity, Aug 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lyokoguerier_unity

lyokoguerier_unity

Hello everyone

I have a big problem with unity 3D for swich
    I want to know how to register to Nintendo under an editor for access to devlpoement for the switch?

and thanks for help

2. https://developer.nintendo.com/

3. lyokoguerier_unity

lyokoguerier_unity

Thank you

it's not my case

I already have a standard account Nintendo wii u and 3DS

but I do not have the nintendo switch section

4. Ryiah

Ryiah

I believe you have to contact the nintendo portal admins and ask them for access.

5. lyokoguerier_unity

lyokoguerier_unity

Thank you

I already have contact with the Nintendo administrator but I have no reputation

I heard that I had to link my account to a game publisher like this link

https://www.digerati.games/#contact-us

but I do not know how to do it with my Nintendo account

6. Ryiah

Ryiah

If you choose a publisher that supports nintendo switch then they might be able to tell you how, or you could just ask the admin how you go through that process. You might be able to get a response on either the 3ds or wii u forums too.

7. ShilohGames

ShilohGames

You have to manually request for Nintendo to add Switch to your Nintendo developer account. If you have no reputation, then Nintendo will most likely say no to letting you develop for the Switch. What console companies primarily want to see are games that have already proven successful on other platforms, such as Steam.

If you have a cool game prototype already made, you can try to get Nintendo to look at it to consider it for Switch. But don't get discouraged if Nintendo is not interested. If Nintendo says no, just release it on Steam first, prove it is viable, and then contact Nintendo again about releasing it on Switch.

8. lyokoguerier_unity

lyokoguerier_unity

thank you

I want to know how to enter via an editor?

9. Baste

Baste

Which part of "you need to get approved by Nintendo" is it you don't understand?

If you have been in touch with them, and they won't give you access, you need to get better at convincing people that you're a competent developer.

Joe-Censored likes this.
  10. Ryiah

Ryiah

Are you asking how to use the editor with your Switch? Because the editor you download from Unity won't be able to work with the console. You need a specially modified editor from Nintendo. By the way this also applies to the hardware. You need a specially modified Switch from Nintendo. Wikipedia says the price is at most $450.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
  11. lyokoguerier_unity

lyokoguerier_unity

thank you

it is not the editor unity3D is "publisher of games" so it is the company in partnership with Nintendo

I mean that I associate my Nintendo account with a company that takes Nintendo switch devlopement to give me access to it

but do not know how I do it

because it did not work with emails in my case

here is

12. XthemeCore

XthemeCore

Edited:
    Oh..my bad. I think I misunderstood you post. Sorry.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  13. ShilohGames

ShilohGames

Are you already working with a game publisher?

14. lyokoguerier_unity

lyokoguerier_unity

Thank you

No, I have never worked with the game publisher, this is my question since the beginning

how could i ask to work with had to ask nintendo to release me access for switch ?

15. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

Unfortunately, that sentence doesn't make much sense, still not sure what you are asking. Not sure where you are in in the process, but, to start to develop for a Nintendo console (in Unity), you need:
    1. Apply for and be approved by Nintendo as a developer for that platform
    2. Get the Unity editor for that platform from Nintendo

All of that involves contacting Nintendo. And you will also need to be very clear about what you are asking. We (members here on this forum), aren't going to be help you beyond what is noted above. Developing for Nintendo requires signing an NDA that prevents publicly discussing much of it. Nintendo is the one to answer your questions.

Ryiah likes this.
  16. lyokoguerier_unity

lyokoguerier_unity

if this is the case

I have a small question not to spoil my devlopement of my game

I want to know which the versions of unity3D has support switch?

and thanks for help

17. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

The versions that are provided by Nintendo that support switch.. support the switch. ;)

Ryiah likes this.
  18. Murgilod

Murgilod

...You've created a lot of threads that are entirely about how to develop for consoles and you've gotten the same answers in each of those threads since 2018. Have you even made a game in the first place?

19. lyokoguerier_unity

lyokoguerier_unity

The versions provided by Nintendo are you 5.X, 2017.

which version numbers does this support support?

Murgilod : I'm late at this moment to target the platform

20. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

The version(s) that Nintendo provides you is the supported version(s).

Do you have Nintendo switch developer access on their developer site?
    If yes, version information is there as are support resources.
    If no, contact Nintendo developer program and become a developer for the switch and you will get access to the resources you need.

And again, no one here is legally allowed to discuss details of the developer program due to NDAs.

21. lyokoguerier_unity

lyokoguerier_unity

if I was a member for the switch I would not ask this silly question

but I can not continue to devloper my game if do not know version of unity3D not to lose the game of if migrate my project

here is

22. Baste

Baste

You need to find a friend or someone who actually knows English. Half your posts are impossible to understand, and you're clearly not understanding what we're writing.

23. ShilohGames

ShilohGames

The version of Unity that you downloaded from the Unity website cannot build for the Nintendo Switch. The only version of Unity that can build for the Switch is a special version you get from Nintendo.

You cannot build software for a retail Nintendo Switch. You must contact Nintendo and ask them to let you purchase a Nintendo Switch devkit from Nintendo. If Nintendo agrees, then Nintendo will provide the Nintendo Switch devkit and the special version of Unity needed to work with that devkit.

zombiegorilla likes this.
  24. ShilohGames

ShilohGames

You need to create your game first. Test it on a PC or Mac using a game controller. Then contact Nintendo and ask them to let you get a Nintendo Switch devkit to use with your game.

zombiegorilla likes this.
  25. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

Going to close this as this is something to be discussed at the switch forums for and by approved switch developers.

You need to be an approved developer to release your game, the rest isn't important.

a) version is completely irrelevant if you can't release.
    b) unity does work like that, you don't "lose" your game switching versions. There are very few hard version dependencies. Yes, there are often differences, but nothing that kills the project.
    c) there is much more involved than the just the basic editor, there are custom plugins/libraries/devkit/etc for the switch that you have to develop against. So whatever you do in unity now would still require a lot of updates if you become a developer, regardless of the editor version.

N1warhead, Ryiah and ShilohGames like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.