Search Unity

Nightmare (Slender Clone) - WIP

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by IrrationalSoup, Dec 2, 2012.

1. IrrationalSoup

IrrationalSoup

Cancelled!

Last edited: May 17, 2013
  2. Dead-Eye Connor

Dead-Eye Connor

It looks really good! However, the amount of Slender games is making me cry. Who cares? Your doing good!

3. IrrationalSoup

IrrationalSoup

Thanks :D, yeah i agree there is so much Slender clones out there, we are planning our next project, which will be way more original, but thank you :)

4. xtremepman

xtremepman

This looks quite good. Can you go into the buildings? Also, in the death scene, the scream should come more soon! Overall though, great game!:-o

5. IrrationalSoup

IrrationalSoup

Thanks :), no unfortunately not yet, but that is an issue brought up a lot, should look into adding that feature. If you heared the scream from the video, it does not actually come in that late, i think there was lag on the video, but thank you very much for your comment :), glad you find it interesting :D

6. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

Ok, this is a step in the right direction.

Yes, you want horror. But you spent the 30 minutes to get your own original model! This alone gives me great hope for you.

A few interesting, unique mechanics here, some challenging game modes there...and you sir are on to something.

Someone give this man a cookie.

7. IrrationalSoup

IrrationalSoup

Thank you so much Asvarduil, we did notice that all the other slender clones have the slender model, which now is just becoming more common so we decided that an original model would be fitting for a different game, the mechanics are not too different from the slender, but we are still trying to develop it more, were hoping to add random teleportation to the enemy s that when your in a proximity of a zone the enemy will teleport either closer to the player or further away instead of just constantly following, but so far its coming along good, we haven't updated in a few weeks, not much free time at the moment, but i really do appreciate the feedback and glad you like it! :)

8. pivotraze

pivotraze

Downloading now.

*note, you shouldn't use adf.ly, it pisses people off. Plus, if I like a game enough, I put a mirror for it onto my mediafire

9. IrrationalSoup

IrrationalSoup

sorry about that thought it would be helpful to earn a lil extra cash for the next project, but i understand :). so what you think?

10. Tae

Tae

You're just pissing off first impressioners. If you are this greedy now, what would you be like in a year ?

11. pivotraze

pivotraze

That's understandable, but it's a better impression to ask for donations, than to use an ad service that doesn't even let you see the site for 5 seconds.

Anyways, it's actually really nice :) The only thing is that, on the resolution selection screen, the picture doesn't fit correctly.

12. HolBol

HolBol

Glad to see you're making an effort to have you game stand out.

13. Khyrid

Khyrid

Just stop, no more.

14. IrrationalSoup

IrrationalSoup

Yeah i guess thats a good way, sorry, ill add a direct link so people can choose :), and thanks :), ohhh yeah i need to resize it, thats okay ill get on it right now! :) and thanks again i appreciate the feedback.

15. IrrationalSoup

IrrationalSoup

Thanks Fishman :), i have noticed there are waaay too many Slender Clones, but im still trying to make this one different, i might add an inventory and a storyline, i am hopinbg to add intro and outro cutscenes too but i guess only time will tell for these, and thanks again :)

16. IrrationalSoup

IrrationalSoup

Khyrid, i understand you dont want to see more Slender clones, but have you even given this game a chance?, im trying my best to make it different, just on the basics of slender. but hey thanks for the feedback :)

17. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

I think its gonna bite ya for having too many similarities. At least change the note mechanic, and make a new game. I'd be supportive, except enough is enough.

There are many directions you can take this, to be a fair bit different rather than what is sadly is: a clone.

18. IrrationalSoup

IrrationalSoup

I understand, we started the project off as a test to see if something turns out good, but then i suppose we carried on and ut turned into a full on project, but i know what you mean, were trying everything we can now to make it different, its been a hectic few days just thinking how we can make it our own and develop on it, but well get there, i really appreciate the feedback, its good to have a reasonable view, and just remember its still in development so we can still change our path with this project.