Search Unity

Nightfrontiers thread of HQ assets

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Craptree, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Chris-Crafty

Chris-Crafty

Hello Craptree,

I bought your HQ Ultimate Battle Pack and am trying to use it in my medieval RPG. Trying, because for some reason all the Materials seem to produce *very* dark results, e.g. the blade of RomanGladius02 (see screenshot) below is almost completely black, despite of already adjusting the base albedo color of the material from 128 grey to 255 grey (or "white"). Any idea what is going wrong here? I'm using an UMA Standard Material for the character that holds the sword, so basically my lighting setup can't be completely wrong, can it?

gladius_bladeblack.png

Also check the material preview and Albedo preview on the right - even there, the texture appears to be *very* dark. Is that really intentional? Because your shots of the Package look vastly different.

2. Craptree

Craptree

Hello Anders! Your project looks really cool. :)

To answer your question... the initial version of my rifle did not support moving the charging handle and some other parts but after working with xenius above we managed to get it looking really cool. You can observe how it functions in the video above. If you send me an e-mail or a PM I can send you my Skype contact details (if you use Skype that is) and that way I can better offer support. Cheers!

3. Craptree

Craptree

Alright... I did a quick test in Unity 5.3.3f1. Using a "Standard (Specular Setup)" material. This is how it looks for me. One thing to note, is that these textures were created before Unity had moved on to its new PBL setup. So, for example, the specular should have the smoothness map as its alpha channel. My pack is delivered with that map in the albedo alpha channel. I'm not sure if that solves your problem but you can try and get back to me with your result. Please let me know how it goes and don't hesitate to contact me on Skype if you want :)

4. AndersMalmgren

AndersMalmgren

Thanks for reply, will most definitely get in touch with you if needed :D Right now we are working on other aspects, but some of your weapons will make it into the final release :D

5. Chris-Crafty

Chris-Crafty

Thanks for the quick reply! Yes, moving the Smoothness from Albedo Alpha to Specular Alpha solved my problem. Of course, without an Alpha Channel roughness resolves to flat one, giving the material maximum roughness and consequently making it extremely bad at reflecting light - which results then in... dark color. Darn, I could have figured that out myself. I changed the shader from your "NextgenShader" to the Standard (Specular Setup) Shader in order to make use of unity 5s reflection probes and actually forgot that your setup was never out-of-the-box PBR.

Sorry for my mistake, they work now, using all the bells and whistles of Unity 5, thank you very much for your help!

Last edited: May 10, 2016
  6. Anton-Korhonen

Anton-Korhonen

Hey! I bought your HQ Shotgun and i have to say it's very high quality. The only problem is, that the shotgun consists of only one mesh. At the store page you say, that the shotgun is "ready to be animated with moveable parts". From this sentence i would understand, that there are separate meshes for at least the handle and chamber.

Could you update the asset?

P.S. First post ;)

7. Craptree

Craptree

StickTick: I've sent you a PM, check your inbox :)

8. Gru

Gru

Hi, I have a couple off questions.

Can the height visor be removed from the grenade launcher? Do you have any sci-fi weapons planned by chance? Can the models be previewed in Sketchfab anywhere?

9. rwherber

rwherber

Hello Craptree. I recently bought the Knight Pack primarily for the flail model. However, it is quite stiff and the chain links are all part of the mesh. How can I make the chain not be stiff?

10. AndersMalmgren

AndersMalmgren

You can separate it in blender.

edit: In blender you can even move vertices around to change things, we used it to lower the front sight so it works better with our Acog scope

upload_2018-7-3_10-23-53.png