Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

NGUI (Next-Gen UI) -- demo final feedback request

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by ArenMook, Dec 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mohit-parihar

mohit-parihar

hi,
    I work on match 3 game with NGUI but when i used fixed size images starches or if we have used
    pixel perfect its not show on full screen, please give me some source how to we will use NGUI, and example
    of ngui even not show in all devices... please help me asap.

2. garrido86

garrido86

I have been working around 10 hours trying to find out why my Controller/Gamepad Input didn't work in a Pause State while the Keyboard kept working perfectly fine. Well it turns out that the UICamera script uses GetAxis which depends on TimeScale and thus receiving no Input at all when you are on TimeScale = 0.
    So to fix this, i just changed it to GetAxisRaw and everything works now perfectly fine.
    I highly suggest for the next Update of NGUI (will there be any?) to make GetAxisRaw the default, afterall for the majority of cases you don't need "analog" Input for GUI Navigation and GetAxisRaw is totaly Time independent, so even shenanigans like SlowMo Effects won't affect the Controller Input.

At Line 888 change to this:
    Code (CSharp):
    1.             float val = Input.GetAxisRaw(axis);

hopeful likes this.
  3. wireddev

wireddev

We have a project that we want to release on the asset store but the UI is NGUI and we are unclear how to include this UI in the project without including NGUI (which isn't allowed obviously) so that we can say "You must have NGUI to use this project". Any ideas on the best way to do this so we don't have to rewrite our GUI for Unity's built-in UI?

4. TonyLi

TonyLi

You can say in the Asset Store description that your product requires NGUI. Make sure it's very prominent, to minimize the number of irate customers looking for refunds because they didn't read the fine print.

Or just convert it to Unity UI. They work fairly similarly. The extra time you spend on this will pay off in more sales.

5. _met44

_met44

Hey there !

I was curious if someone had the issue with latest unity patch release that toggling vsync at runtime completely breaks NGUI text rendering ?

Cheers !

6. Circlenumber

Circlenumber

Can I make 2d Floating label in 3d view from NGUI? Ex:

7. AverageProg

AverageProg

I cannot believe people still use this, it's so full of bugs it isn't even funny.

8. tgraupmann

tgraupmann

Hey No trolling! NGUI is a great package and I still find it easier to use than the new Unity GUI.

NGUI saved my bacon a few years back!

JamesArndt likes this.
  9. Smokas

Smokas

NGUI 3.9.9, Unity 5.4f2, MacBook Retina - when I click on screen, controls for moment zoom in and afterwards zoom out. Do anybody experience such type of problem?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.