Search Unity

NGUI: Free Edition

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by ArenMook, Feb 19, 2012.

1. nitishk

nitishk

Oh I see, thanks for the response and thank you very much for this great product. Couldn't be happier with it!

2. DevionGames

DevionGames

Hi, as you maybe know i am using NGUI in my RPG Kit 2.0. The warning messages make me crazy. Can i fix them in the version i include with my kit?

3. ArenMook

ArenMook

It's easier to not include NGUI at all these days. Asset Store guys are familiar with packages that require it and don't need the projects to build without dependencies in order to approve them. I did that with the Starlink UI kit actually -- didn't include NGUI at all. Buyers seem to prefer this method as well as it's easier if they already have NGUI -- and chances are they do.

But yes, if you want to fix the warnings for yourself in the free kit, go for it.

4. jchow

jchow

"the free ngui trial isn't up to date with the paid version"

Is this intentional? Anyone running Unity 4 can't preview/evaluate NGUI because of this limitation. It seems like you're alienating a large # of developers.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
  5. Quaaaid

Quaaaid

Hi I have a problem, NGUI free works fine in-editor, but when i build it as a web player the "created with NGUI free" is there but my gui is not displayed, any help on this?

EDIT: I'm using the latest version of NGUI free and Unity (4.2, though this was a problem on 4.1.x)

Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
  6. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

Hello .... sorry for my bad English.
    I have a problem with changing the text layer on Ngui.
    I can not set the level that i want for the text.
    Here's a video of what happens to me:

http://youtu.be/z0-NF-Zu0E0

The layer changes only if i disable UILabel.
    Why?

7. Rick74

Rick74

Hello, I recently grabbed the latest free version and on install I am spammed with about 33 of these errors;

warning CS0618: `UnityEngine.GameObject.active' is obsolete: `GameObject.active is obsolete. Use GameObject.SetActive(), GameObject.activeSelf or GameObject.activeInHierarchy.'

I did a quick search on the NGUI forums and the only thread I could find that related to this problem was over a year old, mentioned that the free version wasn't updated for Unity 4. How do I resolve this issue?

Thanks!

8. Syaz

Syaz

Would be really great if this version is updated to work with Unity 4. I'd really like to evaluate this.

9. Fry_hunter

Fry_hunter

Hi!

I have a little question... I'm trying to make a game with a a 2D Skeletal animation tool named Spriter. The unity importer they have, uses NGUI and I need it to make it works. Just right now, I'm not using NGUI features (maybe in the future when I need to make the GUI of my game :p ). The point is: if I want to disappear the water mark of the free version of NGUI I need to purchase the full version even I'm not using it right now?

Thanks for your time!

10. jessee03

jessee03

I've been looking into Ngui and I think I may have to give it a try :p

11. dreamlarp

dreamlarp

What version if the one we download from the link in the OP?

12. Apioto

Apioto

Hello, after I watched a pluralsight tutorial about Unity, I wanted to use NGUI because it was included in the tutorial steps. It would be nice if I could try the version that the tutorial shows (the latest I presume).

Thank you

13. Cancermantis

Cancermantis

What happened to the download link? I just see a link to a .png of the logo

14. sandboxgod

sandboxgod

Oh wow that's very cool

15. mecha_moonboy

mecha_moonboy

ERROR: I can't seem to find the logo. All there is is a link.:sad:

16. bhavinpanara22

bhavinpanara22

I have a one 100% completed project with free version of NGUI.
    Now, if i buy the full version, will i have to make changes in script again or just deleting free version importing latest version will work fine ?

17. KimNA

KimNA

Seems that Chrome doesn't show the logo with the package link. Use Explorer instead for downloading the package.

18. Indiegangster

Indiegangster

Yes now I know if I waste or break it :D thanks.

19. cs_can

cs_can

I could not understand the license description in the front page. If I use NGUI to design an iOS game, can I use the free version to distribute my game?

20. ArenMook

ArenMook

Old post... I've updated it.

Yes, you can now use the free version freely, even to publish your games.

The free version of NGUI is actually a full version of NGUI 2.7.0 -- the last version in the NGUI 2 cycle from early September 2013. It's not nearly as nice as the latest in NGUI 3 cycle and it doesn't come with support, but it's free!

21. Briskmedia

Briskmedia

Once you get the hang of this, its an awesome tool!

22. vickygroups

vickygroups

I can't find the logo to click on, just a link that gets you a PNG of the logo, no download :(

23. nasos_333

nasos_333

Great offer, thanks

24. Garitzar

Garitzar

yoyome168 likes this.
  25. Bill-Hall

Bill-Hall

Firstly, thank you for making this available Aren and for publishing the tutorial too. When I follow your video, I get to creating the label text and it appears as if it is being compressed too much once I add it to the "Example" atlas. If I create a font and dont add it to an atlas it works just fine. Am I missing a step somewhere? I am using the free version of Unity 4.3.4f1 and the 2.7.0 version of Ngui. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

26. Andrikus

Andrikus

Hi!

try to install Simple AIP system and this package need NGUI. Downloaded NGUI from the link on first page and inside of this package no UIToggle and UIScrollView class? its because is free version?

27. Baroni

Baroni

Yes. (Answered in our support forum)

28. subho0406

subho0406

Can I use it for my Unity Asset??

29. Keizhacook

Keizhacook

Sorry for asking this, Is this a responsive to all mobile screen resolution?
    Im new here sorry again.

30. Shukerullah

Shukerullah

Yes NGUI responsive to all mobile screen resolution.

31. hh25216

hh25216

嗯,真的很好用:D

Well, really works:D

うん、本当にとても使いやすい:D

32. Seraphic572

Seraphic572

Are people using it still ? Cause Unity UI has so many improvisations .. Then why is it need ?

33. KCLucasian

KCLucasian

Ive got ngui 2.7 with Unity 2017 and I have no NGUI menu option in the top menu bar, can anyone tell me why?

34. sauravdhanola

sauravdhanola

hey how to download, i clicked logo, image popped out

35. bugfinders

bugfinders

So its a package depreciated 10.5 years ago... and links change, i know a number of the assets who post updates have posted updates if you click what was their asset store link, is broken now, but their assets at least live.

well, its at least 1 major version down on the supported one, and the last time i tried the paid supported one it threw so many errors i couldnt even use it.