Search Unity

Next Release and Roadmap?

Discussion in 'Game Foundation' started by ksgy, Apr 21, 2021.

1. ksgy

ksgy

Hi everyone,

We're really excited to be using Game Foundation in a game in production as it seems like a framework that can possibly save a lot of time and development efforts, but we are a bit concerned that hasn't been any update/release in a while, and we're still not in a stable version.

Is there any update you can provide regarding the next release? 0.9?
    When is a stable release planned for? Any roadmap for Game Foundations that is sharable with the public?

Having a public roadmap, or at least some statement from the developers regarding the near, and mid-near future of this project will really help the developer community with adoption rate and trust.

I hope we can get some more visibility into what the GF is planning.

Thank you and cheers!

saskenergy, erika_d and Lurking-Ninja like this.
  2. +1, please release the plans as soon as possible, even before finalizing them, it would be great if we could give feedback on them. So I can drive everyone crazy with my comments on how too much time allocated to IAP features and how little to cater to the "desktop RPG" creators. :D

And especially about the Addressables support would be great. Resources is bad.

saskenergy, erika_d and ksgy like this.
  3. anastasia_a

anastasia_a

Hey all!
    Thanks so much for your interest in Game Foundation, it is inspiring to see such interest in the product! While we'd love to share a roadmap with you this very moment, the truth is it's still under construction. The original plans for Game Foundation were created before several acquisitions that Unity has made with companies related to what Game Foundation ultimately hopes to do. At this point we are re-evaluating Game Foundation's API and structure, so that it can better serve as a bridge between game systems.

I've made an announcement post on what's next and we are loking to get your input for our upcoming roadmap!
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/game-foundation-roadmap-announcement.1098145/

@mk0a1a Love you suggestion re: Discord and will discuss with the team!

P_Jong, saskenergy and erika_d like this.
  4. VektaCo

VektaCo

@anastasia_a any updates. Its getting hard to trust Unity will continue supporting its own plugins at this rate.

GameFoundation no longer compiles with the new IAP plugin 3.0 +

ksgy, erika_d and dannyalgorithmic like this.
  5. anastasia_a

anastasia_a

Thanks for your question! We are currently working on the next release to ensure support for IAP - stay tuned in the next couple of weeks for an announcement.

mariandev, saskenergy and erika_d like this.