Search Unity

Unreal FPS - [Official Thread]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by TamerlanShakirov, Mar 15, 2017.

?

Upgrade Unreal FPS to a version of Unity

Poll closed Apr 19, 2019.
  1. Leave Unity 5.6.0 and higher.

11.5%
  2. Unity 2017.1.0 and higher.

5.8%
  3. Unity 2018.1.0 and higher.

13.5%
  4. Unity 2018.3.0 and higher.

51.9%
  5. Unity 2019.1.0 and higher.

17.3%
  1. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Hi!
    Long time no messages from you)
    Great idea, after the update 1.07 will be possible to do this!

Firesoft likes this.
  2. antony57

antony57

Hello I just bought the pack but when I import it, it generate loads of error. Can you please help?

upload_2017-12-2_15-18-27.png

I have all the standards assets imported including characters which does contain a script called mouselook.

Can you please help?

Thank you!

3. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Import the Next-Gen FPS in a clean project with no other assets, probably Standard Asset changed source files.

4. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Update 1.07 is sent to Asset Store and soon it will appear and will be available for download!

Please Note! Make a backup of your project before upgrading. This update completely changes the structure of Next-Gen FPS

• Add New Weapon System
    • Add Cross Platform Input System
    • Add Ray Bullet System
    • Add New UI System
    • Update Controller
    • Update Health System
    • Update RayCast Shooting
    • Update Physics Shooting
    • Update RayCast Shotgun Shooting
    • Update Physics Shotgun Shooting
    • Update Animation System
    • Update Physics Bullet
    • Update Grab System
    • Update Crouch System
    • Update Swim System
    • Update Climb System
    • Update Tilts System
    • Update UIHandler
    • Update Photon Multiplayer to v0.2
    • Improved performance of script
    • Bug Fixes

Shodan0101 and Firesoft like this.
  5. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

This is a very large update for the code, so if you find any bugs write to us, we will fix them. Thanks.

Daniel466 likes this.
  6. johny256

johny256

Testing demo????

7. robert301990

robert301990

Do you plan on mobile support?

TamerlanShakirov and LoDx like this.
  8. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Soon we will upload a demo

9. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Yes of course! Possible in update 1.08 it will already appear.

10. robert301990

robert301990

That's amazing! This is the first documentation that I have read before buying a product. I am excited about your asset.

Also, is it hard to change the hands?

11. crimsonmortis

crimsonmortis

Has anyone got a working crafting system going yet?

TamerlanShakirov likes this.
  12. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

You want to integrate the crafting system into a Next-Gen FPS?
    It will be cool, if you have any development, you can write to us, we are always happy to help!

13. crimsonmortis

crimsonmortis

14. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

15. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

If you find any bugs write to us, we'll fix them!

16. crimsonmortis

crimsonmortis

Right now flu bug has us all so nothing getting done. Will update when i have news.

17. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

18. Que

Que

Did anyone manage to test it using multiplayer. If yes, would you mind sharing your WebGL demo?
    Very promising asset. I read the thread, great to know the developer is active here.

UFPS used to be updating it's product but not so much for the last 2-3 years.
    Thank you.

19. witcher101

witcher101

Dont know why this developer doesnt provide a multiplayer demo

20. Que

Que

@Tamerlan_S_
    Believe me if you can provide us a multiplayer demo, you will get more client and that's including my company.

I'm looking forward to see your Multiplayer Demo very soon.

21. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Hello Que,
    Yes of course we will provide a demo, we will prepare it and publish

22. Que

Que

Hopefully soon. So I can check it out right away and make a purchase.

23. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Do not think that we have forgotten about you. Just at the moment a very large number of cases and we just do not have time to make a demo, we will definitely do a demo, but a little later
    Thank you for understanding.
    With Coming New Year!

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
  24. Que

Que

Thanks for the update. I will keep on checking.

25. ThermodynamicsMakesMeHot

ThermodynamicsMakesMeHot

Not having a good "next-gen" experience with this asset.

So first off, I am using 5.6.3f1 and it was released 5.6.0. Maybe this is some of the issue?

On import, 165 warnings.

Bunch of variables not used, very messy, sure I can hide them all but would be nice if that was already done.

Others were animation based...
    Example:
    Code (csharp):
    2. File 'Soldier@StrafeRunRight' has rig import warnings. See Import Messages in Rig Import Tab for more details.
    This one I think causes everything to not look quite right

Code (csharp):
    2. Shader warning in 'Standard (Specular setup)': Output value 'o' is not completely initialized at UnityStandardShadow.cginc(116) (on d3d11)
    3. Compiling Vertex program with SHADOWS_DEPTH _ALPHABLEND_ON _PARALLAXMAP
    4. Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME
    And by that I mean there are no decals or particle effects other then cubes, maybe its suppose to be like that?

I tried the demo scene first. I picked up the 3 guns and checked them out. Scope not working. Did not see anything in the manual about having to fix things to make this work? Again maybe this is the Unity version.

I was disappointed to see that if you go to close to an object you would not shoot it, it would go through it. To close to walls and it clips the gun and you can shoot through walls. I only saw 1 camera so I am sure this is by design.

Running while crouching? Some work to be done there.

The grenade does not work. It says the associate script can not be loaded. The script is missing.
    I looked at the prefabs and its missing along with the spawn prefab is missing it's script.

Ok, let's move on and try the other scenes.

I tried the AI vs Player:

Go these before it crashed. I could not damage the red or blue AI.
    After they kill me it just crashes.

[Singleton] Using instance already created: Canvas
    Code (csharp):
    2. UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
    3. Singleton`1:get_Instance() (at Assets/Next-Gen FPS/Core/Classes/Utility/Singleton/Singleton.cs:50)
    4. NextGenFPS.UI.InGameMenu:Start() (at Assets/Next-Gen FPS/Core/Classes/Additional Mechanics/InGameMenu.cs:24)
    [Singleton] Using instance already created: Player
    Code (csharp):
    3. Singleton`1:get_Instance() (at Assets/Next-Gen FPS/Core/Classes/Utility/Singleton/Singleton.cs:50)
    4. NextGenFPS.FPController:GetInput(Single&) (at Assets/Next-Gen FPS/Core/Classes/Character/FPController.cs:275)
    5. NextGenFPS.FPController:FixedUpdate() (at Assets/Next-Gen FPS/Core/Classes/Character/FPController.cs:164)
    [Singleton] Using instance already created: Canvas
    Code (csharp):
    4. NextGenFPS.UI.InGameMenu:Start() (at Assets/Next-Gen FPS/Core/Classes/Additional Mechanics/InGameMenu.cs:24)
    [Singleton] Using instance already created: Player
    Code (csharp):
    4. NextGenFPS.FPController:GetInput(Single&) (at Assets/Next-Gen FPS/Core/Classes/Character/FPController.cs:275)
    5. NextGenFPS.FPController:FixedUpdate() (at Assets/Next-Gen FPS/Core/Classes/Character/FPController.cs:164)
    Player
    Code (csharp):
    3. NextGenFPS.AI.AIRayCastAttack:Attack() (at Assets/Next-Gen FPS/Core/Classes/AI/AIRayCastAttack.cs:28)
    4. NextGenFPS.AI.AIAttack:RayCastShooting() (at Assets/Next-Gen FPS/Core/Classes/AI/AIAttack.cs:64)
    5. NextGenFPS.AI.AIBehaviour:AttackState() (at Assets/Next-Gen FPS/Core/Classes/AI/AIBehaviour.cs:170)
    6. FiniteStateMachine:UpdateState() (at Assets/Next-Gen FPS/Core/Classes/Utility/FSM/FiniteStateMachine.cs:20)
    7. NextGenFPS.AI.AIBehaviour:Update() (at Assets/Next-Gen FPS/Core/Classes/AI/AIBehaviour.cs:69)
    Then the crash

RedAI
    Code (csharp):
    2. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    3. NextGenFPS.AI.AIBehaviour.AttackState () (at Assets/Next-Gen FPS/Core/Classes/AI/AIBehaviour.cs:180)
    4. FiniteStateMachine.UpdateState () (at Assets/Next-Gen FPS/Core/Classes/Utility/FSM/FiniteStateMachine.cs:20)
    5. NextGenFPS.AI.AIBehaviour.Update () (at Assets/Next-Gen FPS/Core/Classes/AI/AIBehaviour.cs:69)
    BlueAI
    Code (csharp):
    3. NextGenFPS.AI.AIBehaviour.AttackState () (at Assets/Next-Gen FPS/Core/Classes/AI/AIBehaviour.cs:180)
    4. FiniteStateMachine.UpdateState () (at Assets/Next-Gen FPS/Core/Classes/Utility/FSM/FiniteStateMachine.cs:20)
    5. NextGenFPS.AI.AIBehaviour.Update () (at Assets/Next-Gen FPS/Core/Classes/AI/AIBehaviour.cs:69)
    Next scene I try:

Ai Vs Ai
    They just walk to the middle of the screen into the box and just keep walking into it.

Console shows this error repeating 999+

Code (csharp):
    3. NextGenFPS.AI.AIRayCastAttack.Attack () (at Assets/Next-Gen FPS/Core/Classes/AI/AIRayCastAttack.cs:24)
    4. NextGenFPS.AI.AIAttack.RayCastShooting () (at Assets/Next-Gen FPS/Core/Classes/AI/AIAttack.cs:64)
    5. NextGenFPS.AI.AIBehaviour.AttackState () (at Assets/Next-Gen FPS/Core/Classes/AI/AIBehaviour.cs:170)
    6. FiniteStateMachine.UpdateState () (at Assets/Next-Gen FPS/Core/Classes/Utility/FSM/FiniteStateMachine.cs:20)
    7. NextGenFPS.AI.AIBehaviour.Update () (at Assets/Next-Gen FPS/Core/Classes/AI/AIBehaviour.cs:69)
    So first impression is I did not get a "next-gen" experience. Maybe I could have went through and created everything from scratch but after seeing the demo's not even working and scripts missing I did not want to go much further.

What am I missing here to make these experience a better one?

Looking at the code I saw no pooling of any type. Perhaps since I own a number of other FPS kits so maybe my expectations are coming in to high? But this asset does come with a $50 price tag.

26. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

165 the above warnings do not exist. We never would release not a finished project full of errors, you are not the first customer, everyone who bought it not face such problems, probably need to reinstal Next-Gen FPS or Unity. Weapons do not pass through the walls, what a nonsense...

Shodan0101 likes this.
  27. ThermodynamicsMakesMeHot

ThermodynamicsMakesMeHot

This is how your going to respond, telling me this is not happening. I did not waste time making up those errors. Reinstalling Unity does not get rid of warning for unused variables. Only this kit has issues. Unity is perfect.

Code (csharp):
    1. I am So glad I did not pay for this.
    That is exactly how your asset works for me and your support is to call me a liar. Errors, warnings, looks like crap. Even with reinstall and fresh download. You can call me a liar all you want. Your support sucks and so does this product. I don't even care if you fix it I would never use this. Good day to you.

******************* UPDATE *************************
    Just an update due to the private messages I received regarding the problems with this kit.

The same problems exist whether I used 5.6 (release version) all the way up to 2017.2.
    The crashes happen due to the code which doesn't change using different unity versions.
    Framework is broken in this version regardless of what unity version you are using.
    Different unity versions do fix some of the shader issues but breaks other things.
    Guns pass still through wall not matter what version, only exception is the pistol.

Dev is blinded by what is real and what's not.
    Dev would rather call people liars rather then fix their broken asset.

Anyone who tries this for themselves will quickly learn I am speaking truth.

=> I used a voucher for this I got on twitter which is why I did not pay for this.

Before you even think about purchasing this ask yourself is it worth fighting with the dev as they will tell you any problems with the kit are your fault and not to do with the bad code, missing scripts or scripts that contain no logic whatsoever.

Since this entire framework is broken in every version I will not be doing any more tests for people.

Waste your money on this if you wish to see for yourself.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  28. jimboyte

jimboyte

I would like to find some documentation on connecting Next-Gen FPS to Photon. I went to your documentation link but did not discover any notes about multiplayer. Also I would like to ask if the AI system will work in multiplayer. Thank you.

29. Que

Que

Just checking. The multiplayer demo still not available?

30. Migueljb

Migueljb

Does this work in VR for both Oculus and Vive headsets?

31. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Yet we do not support VR, but I think in the future will have to add it, do you consider it necessary?)

32. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Yes, I'll definitely take this into account and try to add it soon.

33. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Hello everybody!​

Soon we will release a big update 1.08 in which we will have the largest number of innovations since the release of Next-Gen FPS!
    • In the update 1.08 the architecture is completely rewritten (80% of the code was rewritten), now it has become many times steeper!
    • Now you can dynamic to save and load a separate system, for example you can save your attack system and share it or download an attack system and just load it and it will automatically boot into the system and you do not even need to open the source code, all this is done automatically!
    • Completely new Menu and HUD
    • Completely new AI system
    • and so much more!
    Kind Regards,

Infinite Dawn

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
    Daniel466 and Shodan0101 like this.
  34. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Hello everybody!​

We sent a large update to Asset Store v1.08, in which we will have the largest number of innovations since the release of Next-Gen FPS, in the coming days, the update should become available for download.

Shodan0101 likes this.
  35. Shodan0101

Shodan0101

Awesome!! Cant wait thx Tamerlan & Team!!!

36. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Have you already tried the new update, what are your impressions?

37. Fortitude3D

Fortitude3D

Very HD, goodjob :)

38. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Hello everyone!

We sent new update to Asset Store v1.08f1, in the coming days, the update should become available for download!

Release Notes:
    • Fix Preferences
    • Fix Player Ragdoll
    • Fix AI Ragdoll
    • Fix AI Animation Controller

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
    Shodan0101 likes this.
  39. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Hello everyone!

Release new update v1.08f2, already available for download!

Release Notes:
    Update About Window
    Fix PickUpAmmo Editor
    Fix MenuItem:
    Create Player
    Create Weapon
    Create AI
    Create Ray Bullet
    Create Physics Bullet
    Create Loot Weapon
    Create Loot Ammo​

FunnyGuy and Shodan0101 like this.
  40. FunnyGuy

FunnyGuy

Does this work on Unity 2017.3.0 and up?

41. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Of course, works on Unity 5.6.0 and higher!

42. ExedysDigital

ExedysDigital

Demo cannot be downloaded from the link on the store page: the folder is just info.

43. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

We'll upload a demo in the next few days, but until you can watch the trailer with the capabilities of Next-Gen FPS

44. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Ultimate Event - Powerful event system, now at a uniquely low price 9$!!!

45. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Next-Gen FPS v1.09 Coming Soon!

Shodan0101 and FunnyGuy like this.
  46. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

If you have any questions, ask!

47. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

Please don't spam-bump; only post if you have something new to add.

--Eric

48. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Next-Gen FPS v1.09 is Ready and sent on Asset Store, in the coming days will be available for download!
    Release Notes:
    Completely new Input System
    Support dynamically change input mapping, dynamically adding and changing buttons and ect.
    Support export and import input settings
    Support keyboard, mouse, console controllers and ect.
    Upgrade Behaviour Manager
    Upgrade Plugin Installer
    Adding Plugin Groups

Shodan0101 and FunnyGuy like this.
  49. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

Update v1.09 Released and available for download!

50. TamerlanShakirov

TamerlanShakirov

What assets would you like to see/buy in the Asset Store?