Search Unity

1. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Want more efficiency in your development work? Sign up to receive weekly tech and creative know-how from Unity experts.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Build games and experiences that can load instantly and without install. Explore the Project Tiny Preview today!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Nominations have been announced for this years Unity Awards. Celebrate the wonderful projects made by your peers this year and get voting! Vote here!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Want to provide direct feedback to the Unity team? Join the Unity Advisory Panel.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice

Newst version fo Linux Editor LTS

Discussion in 'Linux Editor' started by edufissure, Nov 19, 2018.

1. edufissure

edufissure

2. Schubkraft

Schubkraft

Unity Technologies

So the Hub is the source for getting new builds going forward. We won't be adding new builds to the forum post.

I just installed 2017.1.15 myself. If a build isn't installing for you please do file a bug report via the launcher. Thanks!

gururise likes this.
  3. edufissure

edufissure

Thanks.... i think im gonna report a bug in Hub as i cant update from 1.2.0 to 1.3.0 in Ubuntu 18.04 ( it says a new version is out, i restart unity hub but still in 1.2.0)

One last question i cant see a 2014.4.15f1 ( preview) as official release but the word preview is confusing me... Is that the version i have to download or as it names says is a preview version and have to wait to "official" lts 2017.4.15 version ?

Would be nice to update the post or something similar to know the changelog and bugs and new things in the newer version....

Thanks for your work

4. Schubkraft

Schubkraft

Unity Technologies

it is called preview since the whole Linux editor is in sort of a preview state and not an officially supported product

5. Synergiance

Synergiance

and if the unity hub launcher can't launch or even launch the bug reporter what do we do?

6. mageaster

mageaster

First, make sure that you've installed all dependencies, second, launch the launcher in terminal.

7. Synergiance

Synergiance

Where can I find the dependency list?

8. mageaster

mageaster

In the third (fixed) topic of this section.

9. SteveDET

SteveDET

How does that work for headless build servers running with xvfb, such as in Docker containers? And perhaps a post in that forum thread that informs of where new builds could be found, rather than us thinking support has just stopped.

FROS7 likes this.
  10. Schubkraft

Schubkraft

Unity Technologies

CLI commands will still work. If not, please file a bug report.

11. Schubkraft

Schubkraft

Unity Technologies

Ok, seems I was mistaken. The hub doesn't support a full cli install yet so we'll still use the thread to link to newer versions until it does.

12. SteveDET

SteveDET

Thanks. When could we expect the forum post to be updated with current releases?

geigi likes this.
  13. GabLeRoux

GabLeRoux

Waiting for the latest releases here too.

This is blocking many users from using a CI with the latest version on Linux. I'm maintaining the two following projects:
    * https://gitlab.com/gableroux/unity3d-gitlab-ci-example
    * https://gitlab.com/gableroux/unity3d

Some people are waiting for this here:
    https://gitlab.com/gableroux/unity3d/issues/20

The latest docker image I was able to build is 2018.2.7f1, it's getting a bit outdated.

I personally didn't like how unity linux releases were provided through a forum (hard to parse, couldn't automate new build creation, etc.) but at least I could subscribe to new releases. Now that this is going to change (again) by using the hub, I wonder how I'll subscribe to new unity for linux releases. I wish I could keep maintaining and releasing the docker images without too much effort.

I feel like people are relying too much on UIs these days and it's just making things harder to automate.

geigi and spl0k like this.