Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Newbie questions - videos, pictures and skipping

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by jp2222, Jan 17, 2015.

1. jp2222

jp2222

Hi,
    I've recently installed Unity Ads. I've got things working (I think), but have some questions - just to make sure I'm not missing anything.

I'm running the game on PC (the actual game is IOS), and when using rewardedVideoZone, it displays the advertisement, I get a blue screen with ("Here would be your Ad unit. (Things seems to be working!)".. I get a similar message when using the pictureZone ID, so I guess all is good...

So some questions:

1) Should I ever see an actual video / animation at this point, or is the blue screen thing OK?

2) In rewardedVideoZone, I can only click on the close button to end the video. This seems to return the ShowResult.Finished correctly. However, if I change to the defaultVideoAndPictureZone, I get the exact same thing as rewardedVideoZone. The difference being that this zone has the default 5 second skipping option ticked.

Should I be seeing a 5 second countdown on screen? How do I test that skipping is working correctly? If I click on the close GUI button, I get the same ShowResult.Finished result. Is there any way to test for Skipped?

I should also mention that I am testing with an unreleased game.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I wonder if I've just missed reading some docs somewhere. (I still haven't found an official SDK doc that explains the Advertisement methods, so it's been put together due to multiple google searches...!)

Edit: I found this link. So, guess these are the official docs: https://unityads.unity3d.com/help/D...shers/Integration-Guide-for-Unity-Asset-Store

Thanks
    J

Last edited: Jan 17, 2015
    Salazar likes this.
  2. Salazar

Salazar

Hello,

First question , If you get bluescreen message it turns video finished, and its all right.

Second question answered in detail in here.(Look Nikkolai's answer.)

Skipping and other ad features handled by unity dont worry about that part, but if you get a feedback or experienced a problem with your live ads after production build, you should report it.

If you dont find documentation helpful in specific problem , you can search in this forum, it covers lot of integration topics down here.

Regards,

unity-nikkolai likes this.
  3. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

When testing Unity Ads in editor, you will only see the blue placeholder graphics. You'll want to build to a device to actually test the ad functionality, including the option to skip. Recommend doing it with test mode enabled to be sure you at least get test ads for each zone.

Check out this post for some example code on how to initialize Unity Ads with test mode enabled, and how to show ads using a specific zone configuration.

Salazar likes this.
  4. jp2222

jp2222

Thanks for both of your replys.
    I've all the info I need now.

Thanks
    J

unity-nikkolai likes this.