Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Newbie learning plan for VR/AR development???

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by DomingoGS, Feb 25, 2021.

1. DomingoGS

DomingoGS

Hi,

This is my first post in the forum, so just wanted to start by introducing myself and saying thankyou to everyone at Unity for your amazing software and all the great content online. It's amazing and very helpful.

My name is Domingo and I live in Spain. I started learning how to use Unity from scratch a couple of months ago and I'm interested in becoming a professional VR/AR developer, but I'm not really sure at the moment as to which learning path could be a good one to follow.

For the moment I have completed the Unity Essetials Pathway and are following the Junior Programmer Pathway, but I'm not too sure which steps to take afterwards. Can anyone with experience advise me as to which would be a good learning path to follow towards learning VR/AR development?

Thank you.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
    sercaksoy likes this.
  2. Woodbury

Woodbury

Hi,
    I started with Introduction to XR: VR, AR, and MR Foundations (11-hours course).
    Now I'm considering these too:

AR Development: Training Apps and Remote Assistance (Unity Learn)
    AR Development: Create Marketing Apps (Unity Learn)
    Unity XR: How to Build AR and VR Apps (Coursera)

3. DomingoGS

DomingoGS

Thanks, Woodbury. How's it going for you?

I did a bit of searching around and found this article: https://www.hypergridbusiness.com/2020/02/learn-ar-and-vr-development-online/

It's from over a year ago, but I found it quite helpful.