Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Newbie here. Question about game autosave and click calculator

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Vienasraimis, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Vienasraimis

Vienasraimis

Hello everybody. I have a question. How to create an autosave after when u click an object? And next question how to make calculator, for example when u click an object, it do the +1 action and then u got result 2, 3 and etc...
    Faithfully, Raimis.

2. Schneider21

Schneider21

Welcome, Raimis.

The calculator functionality is pretty much a basic programming task that you'll learn very quickly following along with the official scripting tutorials.

Saving data is a bit more advanced, and you may want to hold off on that until you understand programming a bit better. But I'd recommend looking into PlayerPrefs for saving basic data types, and Serialization for saving more complex objects.

Vienasraimis likes this.
  3. Vienasraimis

Vienasraimis

wow thanks, this answer was a lil bit more difficult, i just need easy explanations with answers, but okay, thanks for that and ill try to find it :) thanks again :)

4. jhocking

jhocking

With regards saving, you will also want to look into System.IO for more complex saving. But ultimately it's like schneider said, this is stuff you don't really want to be thinking about until you have the other parts of your game down. For example, I explain saving the game in my book Unity in Action, but I don't get to that topic until the second to last chapter.

Vienasraimis and Schneider21 like this.
  5. Vienasraimis

Vienasraimis

Okay, then there is other question. Is there any place in this topic where i can create my own there like "my own questions" and i can ask in one topic at any time any questions and someone helps me? What i mean, i dont want to create 100 topics for 100 differents questions.

6. Schneider21

Schneider21

I'm going to play the hard instructor here and say that you shouldn't be asking 100 questions. I can promise you that almost anything you're having trouble with has been asked a thousand times before. Learn to use Google in a smart way, and you'll find that not only has your problem been asked before, it's been answered, too!

Only when you've exhausted all of your known resources should you be asking directly. Even then, chances are someone's going to refer you to another thread or Unity Answers post where your question was already responded to before. If you demonstrate a habit of constantly asking common already-answered questions, you'll find people are less likely to respond to your posts with help.

Everyone here is volunteering their time (or in my case, a lot of my employer's time ;)) to help, but there's a limit to how much we're willing to do. Sort of a "God helps those who help themselves" kind of thing.

JoeStrout, jhocking and Vienasraimis like this.
  7. Vienasraimis

Vienasraimis

That was a realy nice from you :) Thank you very much! :)

Schneider21 likes this.
  8. Schneider21

Schneider21

Absolutely! Again, welcome, and best of luck in your gamedev journey!

Vienasraimis likes this.