Search Unity

Newbie here, having issues with Tuscany Demo for OVR.

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by saucer78, Mar 7, 2015.

1. saucer78

saucer78

Hey all,

I already cleared the console bugs, assuming they'd come back, but they haven't. Sorry I don't have any more info.

I've loaded (and built) the Tuscany Demo in Unity 5, but the terrain appears magenta in the Scene window and subsequently shows some weird shadows in runtime, almost like the terrain is translucent. A little bit of research tells me there's something wrong with the textures or shaders that might be incompatible with my GPU? (GeForce GTX 960)

In the terrain settings, When I set the terrain material to "Built In Standard" or "...Legacy Specular," it looks fine in the Scene, but gives some weird shadows in runtime. I'm not sure what other settings I could adjust, however...

Anyone know what's up?

Thanks!

2. LaneFox

LaneFox

Are you using Unity 5? It may have some issues with the shaders since it was done in Unity 4.

3. saucer78

saucer78

Yes, I am using 5. I tried to load the scene in 4, but the .unity file wouldn't even show, so I assumed it had been updated for 5. Any idea why it won't open in 4?

EDIT: Wait... I think I created the project folder in 5. I'm just gonna reinstall the demo and see if it works in 4.

Thanks for the idea!

4. saucer78

saucer78

Even more problems in Unity4 o_O

The scene loads fine, but when I hit Play, I get absolutely no controller or camera input and continuous errors in the console...

Tons of MullReferenceExcpetions tied to the OVRPlayerController and CameraRig.

Any ideas?

5. greenbugseatingotherbugs

greenbugseatingotherbugs

I got the same problem. Also a newbie. Any solutions to this?

It worked fine in unity 4 before I installed Unity 5 personal edition.

My specs:
    Geforce 780ti
    Windows 10
    Using windows 8.1 video drivers for win10 because of no other options I'm currently aware of.
    Everything have been running fine with win10 up until this. I'm guessing it's not a win 10 problem but something with unity 5 and oculus intergration.

Here's how it looks:
    magenta.png

6. sixfngers_04

sixfngers_04

newb here but, I fixed this by selecting the terrain settings and changing material to built in shader.
    I also used reset from the dropdown but I am not sure which one did the trick

7. greenbugseatingotherbugs

greenbugseatingotherbugs

Thank you! Built in Standard worked for me :)
    built in standard.jpg