Search Unity

Audio Newbie Help Learning Audio

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by devbyskc, Feb 24, 2018.

1. devbyskc

devbyskc

I'm working through the book Game Audio Development with Unity 5.x. It's a great book and am learning a lot. However the author uses Viking Village as the test platform for the book's exercises. So far it has been all right, but at times it has been a real struggle. I believe it is hardware related. I'm using an HP Beats Audio laptop running Windows 10. I'm using Unity 2017.3. My problem is that every once in a while, due to all the processing going on, my laptop overheats and goes into hibernation. Yes I have cleaned the vents and all, as well has have a fan unit underneath. As I want to explore more using the audio mixer and similar software (FMOD integration or possibly Wwise along with Fabric). Can anyone recommend a project package that might not be so processor intensive as Viking Village I can use to experiment more with audio in Unity? Thanks!

2. Resin

Resin

Is there any reason not to just use a blank new scene with a few primitives in it? Maybe a few of the standard assets?

3. devbyskc

devbyskc

Hey Resin,
    Thanks. I had thought about that going forward. For now I'll just have to struggle along as the book's tutorial exercises are based on using Viking Village.