Search Unity

newb problem brushing detail meshes...

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by HunterGatherer, Dec 3, 2009.

1. HunterGatherer

HunterGatherer

Hello,

When I brush my terrain with some bushes and plants from the detail mesh, it looks good initially, but then when I look under the terrain, there are bushes flipped upside-down all along the bottom part of the terrain! How do I prevent this from happening?

Thanks!

2. HunterGatherer

HunterGatherer

3. HunterGatherer

HunterGatherer

please :( :(

4. Achim

Achim

same here, since i updated from 2.5 to 2.6.1, i can only draw the DetailMeshes in a strange pattern and if i change the size of the DetailMesh, a part of them goes upsidedown, and they dont stay at position but move with the wind. :eek:

Attached Files:

5. Paulius-Liekis

Paulius-Liekis

This is quite bizzare. I have no ideas :) Could you submit a bug with your project?

6. Achim

Achim

do you mean a bug report to unity3d.com or here in the forum ?

7. andeeeee

andeeeee

To Unity (menu: Help > Report A Problem).

8. Achim

Achim

ok, i created a new projekt with only a terrain in it, and i will send a bug report

9. celadon

celadon

Any news on this issue? I am having similar problems with Unity 3... (3.0.0f5) - I have created a terrain using mostly the assets in the Terrain Assets package on the site, and when I paint detail meshes, some of them are placed upside down (sticking out from the bottom of the terrain). None of the trees or grass textures are upside down that I can see.

Here are a couple of screenshots of rocks from top bottom.

thanks

10. mk1978

mk1978

I am still experiencing this problem. Has there been any solution for this (part of detail meshes upside down) ?