Search Unity

New Vuforia Pricing/Licensing

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by GeneralDollar, Aug 31, 2018.

1. GeneralDollar

GeneralDollar

I was informed earlier this month from a Vuforia sales rep that Vuforia would be offering a new pricing structure on 9/1. I was wondering if anyone had anymore information on this? Would it be worth purchasing a cloud license now, or waiting for the new pricing to come out tomorrow.

Also, per the licensing agreements it states that the cloud apps cannot be sold on a subscription basis. Does this mean just a subscription to download the app from the app store? Can you create a subscription package for a user to be able to access the tools to update target images in the database from a browser, but the App itself is free to download for all users? Would that be acceptable with the current licensing structure?

https://developer.vuforia.com/legal/vuforia-developer-agreement

Thanks!

2. GeneralDollar

GeneralDollar

FYI:

New pricing is pretty much going to destroy my ability to launch a startup.

Basic level is now $35,000 compared to $25,000 last month, which does not include cloud recognitions anymore. That is an additional cost annually for only 100,000 reco's...

Wtf.

Really considering switching to Wikitude now which blows because I spent my entire time learning Vuforia.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018