Search Unity

☁ Weather Maker ☁ AAA Clouds, Sky, Weather, Water, Volumetric Light & More!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by jjxtra, Jun 30, 2016.

1. ghiboz

ghiboz

hello again @jjxtra
    I found an issue on skybox reflection:
    here is the issue:

and my light settings are these:

seems only a wrong cubemap sort
    thanks

2. jjxtra

jjxtra

Does setting the unity instead of weather maker in skybox material help at all?

3. ghiboz

ghiboz

no @jjxtra , does the same thing

4. jjxtra

jjxtra

Ok, are you able to send a small project reproducing the problem? Does turning off the clouds or sky sphere help at all?

5. ghiboz

ghiboz

@jjxtra
    It does the same in the DemoSceneBlank
    you just add a reflectionprobe like this:

and set the material of the ground like this:

6. jjxtra

jjxtra

Ok I will have a go see what is going on and get back.

7. ghiboz

ghiboz

thanks Jeff!!

8. jjxtra

jjxtra

Ok, this appears to be specific to the clouds and fog which use Unity command buffers. I will need to dig into the shader and transforms and see what is going wrong.

9. jjxtra

jjxtra

If anyone has any suggestions on how to properly get a ray direction in world space from a reflection probe in a command buffer shader I'd love some advice. I will keep trying to fix it as well in the meantime.

10. jjxtra

jjxtra

I think I have this fixed. Here is a screenshot. The reflection probe is right in the middle of the plane. The plane has 100% smooth material with no albedo. Will send the update. Let me know if it looks right to you. Box projection will not be supported for the reflection probes.

WeatherMakerReflectionProbe.jpg

11. ghiboz

ghiboz

great Jeff Should perfect right now!! :clap:

12. tomraegan

tomraegan

Hi Jeff.

Love your work and appreciate the support. This asset is really beautiful.

I'd like to temporarily disable the entire weather system upon entering a cave.

Currently I'm disabling the prefab, but I've noticed this stops the managers from starting up again after the prefab is activated upon exiting the cave.

What would you recommend to temporarily suspend all weather activity which also ensures everything returns to normal upon re-activation?

Thanks kindly.

13. jjxtra

jjxtra

I need to make a trigger to do this cleanly to fade everything nicely. I will include something on next update. I’m fixing a bug with the snow overlay currently then I’ll add this and then send the update.

Mark_01 likes this.
  14. jjxtra

jjxtra

Reflection probe fix is now live in the asset store, along with a new intensity damper prefab. Using the sound damper, null fog zone and intensity damper prefabs, you can wrap your cave in them to make Weather Maker fade nicely. Let me know if you run into any problems.

15. tomraegan

tomraegan

Nice. Thanks.

16. ghiboz

ghiboz

it works! thanks

17. jjxtra

jjxtra

Glad it works now :) Just FYI all I am having carpal tunnel surgery today. Going to take a few days off from everything, be back sometime next week.

18. ghiboz

ghiboz

19. Pourya-MDP

Pourya-MDP

hello jeff
    wish you good days and good feelings
    i have a question
    i just created a scene with fog and want to know is there anyway to have wind effect on fog?
    lets imagine we have a chopper hovering in scene and i want the blow effect of that chopper to be effective on fog with specified range of field

20. jjxtra

jjxtra

The wind has a property on whether to affect fog. Let me know if you have any issues with it.

21. jjxtra

jjxtra

This is fixed in latest version.

22. ghiboz

ghiboz

yess! I wrote it!
    I noticed a thing in the reflection... around at the horizon are there many little clouds.. in the surface like the image before, is not a problem, but using the reflection for the car (that has some vertical parts) is trivial

23. jjxtra

jjxtra

Try tweaking y offset in cloud layer profile, let me know if it helps.

24. juniorpjg

juniorpjg

Hi Jeff,

Finally got around to messing with my project again. Looks like you fixed the issue I was having. Thank you so much for pushing out the update so quickly!

Phil

25. ghiboz

ghiboz

hello @jjxtra again!
    is there a way to remove the clouds moving at the startup?
    I set the change weather time to 0 but seems to works after the startup

regards

26. ghiboz

ghiboz

I can't find the setting...

27. ghiboz

ghiboz

oh @jjxtra I have another issue...
    I use a camera to render texture for the mirror... and the sky is flipped...

28. jjxtra

jjxtra

I need to fix a bug with this, I don't properly support reflect vector that are not up. Will keep you posted.

29. ghiboz

ghiboz

30. ghiboz

ghiboz

another question:

in daylight the things begins to be good, but in the night no...
    have you idea why the clouds by night are sepia?
    thanks

31. jjxtra

jjxtra

Smells like ambient light or a 2nd dir light. Can you try tweaking your day night profile?

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  32. jjxtra

jjxtra

CloudChangeDuration on weather maker script
    Cloud ray y offset on each cloud layer profile

ghiboz likes this.
  33. ghiboz

ghiboz

thanks @jjxtra
    about the clouds tint I'll explain better the problem and my setup. First of all, in my opinion, the clouds, when Moon is visible, are too bright. In my opinion the clouds should be less visible during the night. So, we don't want to change the moon emitter intensity, you should consider to have a multiplier on clouds to set this. So, the first problem arise another one. The clouds are completely desaturated only near the 00:00 or 24:00... if you start to go near the dawn/dusk , and you have an orange color in the dawn/dusk ambient profile, the clouds starts to color themself very early compared to when the sky starts to be enlighten. This is the sequence (you can see also the daytime).

this is the profile:

This is the sky profile where I tried to use desaturate colors trying to find the reason for the colored clouds

I hope that now it's more clear

34. jjxtra

jjxtra

I've been refactoring the ambient code. It was not properly setting the trilight mode in Unity ambient settings. This should help, because then you can set the ground and sky ambient separately. I have also fixed the moon light coloring as well to be less bright. Send me an email to support@digitalruby.com and I will get you a beta build to test.

35. Duffer123

Duffer123

@jjxtra , hi looking at this Asset and wondering if there's any chance of a GAIA extension (integration with GAIA) ?

[edit] Adam Goodrich thought it a good idea on Discord (as Integration with CTS already) and invited you to contact him...

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  36. jjxtra

jjxtra

The Gaia extension in Weather Maker already exists, but like most Gaia "extensions" is just a few context menu options and a screenshot with a Gaia logo. Weather Maker plays fine with most assets, just drag the prefab in your scene and configure. I've made a lot of video tutorials to guide you (see them in the readme.txt file).

Last edited: May 1, 2018
  37. Duffer123

Duffer123

@jjxtra ,

Ok understood, thanks.

38. jjxtra

jjxtra

Working on volumetric lighting for water. Super excited about this, and it will be highly configurable and performant.

I'd love any feedback.

WITH SHADOWS:

Screenshot39.jpg

WITHOUT SHADOWS:
    Screenshot40.jpg

39. jjxtra

jjxtra

Weather Maker 3.6 is now live with:

- Volumetric shadows for water
    - Additional light fixes, especially spot lights.
    - Fog sphere and box fixes.

Enjoy!

Mark_01 likes this.
  40. Mark_01

Mark_01

Thank you for all your continued hard wok on this. It's fantastic. Water reflections in VR really nice to have!! :)

41. jjxtra

jjxtra

You are welcome. I'm hard at work now refining the water and making it look better and making shadows even better!

Mark_01 likes this.
  42. Da-Icon

Da-Icon

Hi Jeff,
    Sorry to bother you again. Im working with uMMORPG and i have the weather prefab in the scene. The prefab is in the 1st slot and works as prescribed weather/sun rise/moon all is good. Except it doent appear to be syncing the time with users that are connected. People can connect and disconnect from the server and each get their own time. Is there a switch i have to flip that will enable the time syncing? Thanks again in advance sorry to be a pain

43. jjxtra

jjxtra

I don't have any native uMMORPG enabled. I do have Unity network integration. It should be detecting client vs. server and syncing the current time. Does uMMORPG use Unity networking?

44. Da-Icon

Da-Icon

Hi Jeff, Thank you for responding so swiftly.

That was one of the reason i settled on that package.. Was that it supports Unet .. Networking wise.
    On my test server i've already had 5 people. networking seemed smooth...this is from the top of uMMORPGs feature
    list.
    * Fully Unity + UNET based
    * Same Scripts for Client & Server"
    im willing to share pieces of this asset with you if there is something you might need to change to allow compatibility. I love your weather maker asset and would consider it a terrible loss to not be allow to use it.

45. jjxtra

jjxtra

Hopefully it is a simple change. Let's move this offline to support@digitalruby.com to avoid spamming this forum. If there is a change you have to make for uMMORPG, I will post it back here. Email me there and confirm that WeatherMakerUNetScript.cs is activated and running in the prefab.

Mark_01 likes this.
  46. jjxtra

jjxtra

Haven't gotten an email, just wanted to check in and see if you were still stuck.

47. jjxtra

jjxtra

If anyone is having Unity 2018 issues, please post here. I submitted with Unity 2018 yesterday, but apparently some people are having compile errors and I am trying to track down which settings are causing this.

A good thing to try when you get errors like this is start a blank project, import weather maker from asset store and try the demo scenes. If this works fine, then you may just need to delete the weather maker folder from your project and re-import. Obviously if you have made prefab customizations this gets a little trickier. Please reach out to me at support@digitalruby.com for help if you get stuck.

Thanks so much!

Last edited: May 10, 2018
    Mark_01 likes this.
  48. Dreamaster

Dreamaster

I'm using 2018.1, but I'm also a new customer so I don't know what to expect yet, but when I import the package I get the following errors. Most of the effects look to work except I can't see the snow accumulate... though it makes sense maybe since the error says the terrain is missing its diffuse images:

49. jjxtra

jjxtra

Import Standard Assets -> Environment. If you are on Unity 2018 there is a download link in the readme.txt file to get the standard assets as it is no longer included, or I am just missing where it's included.

Last edited: May 11, 2018
    Mark_01 and Dreamaster like this.
  50. Dreamaster

Dreamaster

So water is a recent addition? You know what would make you a god is if you did some underwater effects... which is usually just a form of colored fog anyway right? ;)