Search Unity

☁ Weather Maker ☁ AAA Clouds, Sky, Weather, Water, Volumetric Light & More!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by jjxtra, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Ben_Iyan

Ben_Iyan

I just installed Weather Maker in a new project (Unity 2018.4) and have a couple of errors. Both are in WeatherMakerExtensionAquasScript.cs. The first says "the type or namespace AQUAS_Reflection could not be found", and second error says "AQUAS_LensEffects could not be found". I don't have AQUAS installed in the project. Do you have any idea what I can do to fix this? Thanks.

2. jjxtra

jjxtra

Check your scripting/player defines and remove any mentions of aquas.

3. Ben_Iyan

Ben_Iyan

Do you mean in the Weather Maker file?

4. jjxtra

jjxtra

Unity -> player settings -> other -> scripting defines.

5. Ben_Iyan

Ben_Iyan

That fixed it. Thank you very much :)

6. sacb0y

sacb0y

How goes the webGl support? I only need WebGL 2.0 support.

Is there simply features i can't use or what?

7. jjxtra

jjxtra

I will do some more testing for WebGL 2.0, but I last I checked I was blocked by Unity tex3D bug. I will post back...

8. jjxtra

jjxtra

Weather Maker 5.8.2 is out and includes VR fixes.

Vincent454 likes this.
  9. jjxtra

jjxtra

Weather Maker 5.8.3 is being uploaded now and fixes atmospheric scattering and metal clouds using some nasty shader hackery.

10. jjxtra

jjxtra

WebGL is still broken, tex3D does not work at all in WebGL with Unity, they are aware of the bug but have not fixed it for a few years now.

11. sacb0y

sacb0y

Damn that's a shame -_-

12. jjxtra

jjxtra

I agree, I'd love WebGL to work. I will of course post back if/when Unity fixes the bug.

13. jjxtra

jjxtra

Severe weather alert...

upload_2019-7-30_9-37-45.png

dsilverthorn, Vincent454 and hopeful like this.
  14. jjxtra

jjxtra

Weather Maker 5.8.5 is released and fixes a bug with clouds and fog not showing up sometimes after they are disabled and re-enabled.

15. MiTschMR

MiTschMR

Is it possible to change the decrease of the light force when the sun disappears behind the clouds? To me it sometimes looks a bit too dark.

16. jjxtra

jjxtra

The clouds will cast shadows, you can reduce dir light base shadow strength in WeatherMakerPrefab -> DayNightCycle -> Sun -> celestial object script.

MiTschMR likes this.
  17. sacb0y

sacb0y

Whats the deal with using this for VR? I'm getting some weird kind of motion blur effect when i move my head.

I'm testing this for another small project and simply loaded the sample VR scene. But everything gets really shifty :O

EDIT: Also how would i customize the sky color per day and night?

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  18. jjxtra

jjxtra

Gotta give me more details then that. What Unity version? What hardware?

You can change the night sky settings on the sky sphere profile (WeatherMakerPrefab -> SkySphere -> SkyProfile). You can change the ambient colors on the day night profile (WeatherMakerPrefab -> DayNightCycle -> Profile).

19. sacb0y

sacb0y

I'm using unity version 2018.4.4, and i have a GTX 1080ti. I'm using the standard renderer.

I'm trying my best to make the day sky red, but i can't figure it out :/

EDIT: also is it possible to mix the Night sky with Day XD I know it's a weird ask but i got some fatasy stuff i'm doing lol.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  20. jjxtra

jjxtra

I remember adding sky tint color in the sky sphere profile, does it help? There is possibility of mixing as it will fade out during dawn/dusk, I will have to look into it.

21. jjxtra

jjxtra

I'm not able to reproduce the VR motion blur on HTC vive. What VR headset are you using?

22. sacb0y

sacb0y

upload_2019-8-2_22-15-52.png
    Things with VR active looks like this, completely breaks clouds. It's visible even in the viewport.

Before VR is activated it looks like this.

I am also using a HTC vive.

23. jjxtra

jjxtra

What water are you using?

24. sacb0y

sacb0y

One I downloaded called lux water, I got it before I considered using your asset lol.

25. jjxtra

jjxtra

My guess is that the water is not reflecting the clouds or sky properly. As a sanity test you could swap out the weather maker water prefab just to see.

26. sacb0y

sacb0y

Well i had the exact same issue in the VR sample scene too, so i don't think it's my scene.

It is true the water does break in play mode though lol, i gotta figure that out too.

27. jjxtra

jjxtra

Hmm. I wonder what is different with our setups... are you using steamvr and steam camera?

28. jjxtra

jjxtra

New atmospheric scattering demo:

29. garyhaus

garyhaus

sorry if I missed... HDRP support??? Thnks and it looks great!

30. jjxtra

jjxtra

No HDRP at this time.

31. garyhaus

garyhaus

Thanks. Appreciate your time.

32. sacb0y

sacb0y

Here's a video of my issue using the sample scene. To me it looks like the clouds have a hard time picking what eye to render on.

(Ignore the red, i've likely accidentally screwed with a default setting lol)

I do have the steam VR plugin installed yes.

33. sacb0y

sacb0y

upload_2019-8-3_14-54-36.png

I'm also getting this error if that helps...

34. jjxtra

jjxtra

Maybe your prefab is dorked up? Can you try a new blank project with just a new weather maker downloaded from asset store and try VR in the demo scene? It works for me OK...

35. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

I'm getting 2 errors since last update. too. The sky and the Celestial ones.
    Same as sacb0y, but I'm not in VR.

Going to try to reinstall to see if it clears it. Have to wrap up tonight, so will try tomorrow.

36. jjxtra

jjxtra

I suspect the prefab is corrupted. This happens to me even during development reverting it or delete and readd usually clears it up...

37. jjxtra

jjxtra

I think part of this problem is me testing in multiple Unity versions and then submitting the package in Unity 2017.4. While I undo any changes of Unity versions beyond that in my source control, it is possible that something is changing that I am not aware of, so I am resubmitting the 5.8.5 update.

38. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

I’m still getting the errors. I normally work on 2017, but am working on a side project in 2018. I’ve now tried to remove errors in this order:
    Reimport of scripts
    Reimport all
    Reinstall over existing
    Now I’ve deleted it and reinstalled.
    No change. I still get ...missing or deactivated sky... and ...celestial object script has been destroyed but still trying to access it.

Any ideas why?
    Is it a 2018 thing or is it happening in 2017 and 2019 too?

39. jjxtra

jjxtra

I’ve tried new blank project in unity 2017.4, 2018.4 and 2019.2 with success.

40. jjxtra

jjxtra

You could try deleting it out of your asset cache folder.

41. dsilverthorn

dsilverthorn

I'll give that a shot.

Glad it is just me. :)
    The errors only pop in when I'm coming out of playmode, so it is not effecting my work at this point.

I'll let you know if that fixes it.

42. PaulieHughes

PaulieHughes

Howdy!

Loving the asset - only one issue has sprung up; I'm getting the same trippy cloud trail problems in VR as other users. Just updated to 5.8.5 to see if that fixed it, but alas not. I'm running Unity 20184.5.f1 on a Vive Pro rendering via an RTX 2080.

I'm currently using all the default settings (I've not tweaked any profiles yet, for example) - I'm rendering deferred, but I have also tried it on the forward pipe to make sure that wasn't the cause (still happens).

Any other info I can provide to help track things down?

I'm also getting the two errors on exit as of 5.8.5 - I'll try killing the cache.

Cheers!

P.

43. jjxtra

jjxtra

For those of you having this error please email support@digitalruby.com with your order number and I will get you a .zip of Weather Maker from my machine, I'd like to see if that fixes the issue, if so it is definitely a Unity asset store cache problem.

dsilverthorn likes this.
  44. jjxtra

jjxtra

Weather Maker 5.8.6 is out and fixes jittering cloud with blur temporal reprojection.

45. jjxtra

jjxtra

If anyone else has cloud smearing in fast moving fly through, you can turn of "auto set reprojection blend mode" on the full screen cloud script. WeatherMakerPrefab -> FullScreenEffects -> Clouds -> FullScreenCloudScript -> AutoSetTemporalReprojectionBlendMode = false.

dsilverthorn likes this.
  46. jjxtra

jjxtra

Just a heads up on feature pipeline, I am still working on global wetness. I am trying to come up with a solution that can work in standard pipeline and LWRP without requiring modifying your shaders. But this may be not possible. It seems only deferred rendering provides the necessary buffers to apply this effect easily without needing custom integration. But I will keep digging. I also continue work on particle system clouds, and have a bug that Unity is fixing in Unity 2018.4 or newer with particle system draw order being incorrect, causing the clouds to pop in and out of each other.

Longer term I am investigating full screen shaders to replace the particle systems (except for explosion particles). This should allow much more performant and more realistic rain, snow blizzards, etc.

Shorter term I am working on shooting stars / meteor swarms and hope to release them very soon.

Have a good weekend everyone!

47. razzraziel

razzraziel

Great! Also dont forget the fog blur :)

48. jjxtra

jjxtra

JamesWjRose and razzraziel like this.
  49. Vincent454

Vincent454

Sounds awesome! Is the seperate ocean system mentioned some weeks ago still planned?

50. jjxtra

jjxtra

I have put a separate ocean on hold as crest ocean has really gained quite a lot of traction. I have an integrated fork of it for Weather Maker. May revisit next year.

Vincent454 likes this.