Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

New video player. "Loop" do not work on Android.

Discussion in '5.6 Beta' started by hotdes, Mar 21, 2017.

1. hotdes

hotdes

I am testing in 5.6.0f1 and in 5.6.0b11. In Unity Editor loop is working, but on my device on Android 6.0 video plays one time (loop don't work) My test project is here

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  2. DominiqueLrx

DominiqueLrx

Unity Technologies

Hi!

Indeed I can reproduce here. Loop is tricky to have working in all conditions with all formats, I'll fix this asap!

Longer videos work without trouble in what I've seen so far, but the short length of this one (23 frames) seems to trip our looping logic. A workaround would be to include more loops of the content in the video, but this would obviously make your video bigger for nothing so it's not a viable long term solution, just a possible short-term workaround.

It'd help me if you logged a bug with your project.

Thanks a lot for letting us know!

Dominique
    A/V developer at Unity

3. hotdes

hotdes

I sent a report about this bug. (Case 893527)

4. DominiqueLrx

DominiqueLrx

Unity Technologies

Excellent, thanks! I went into the bug and added a note to point to this discussion (and the fact I'm already on it).

Dominique

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  5. DominiqueLrx

DominiqueLrx

Unity Technologies

Update: identified and fixed the issue. I'll add this improvement at the next opportunity (hopefully the initial release, but it's still under discussion).

Thanks again,

Dominique