Search Unity

New version of Unity 2019.2. not available in the Hub, again!!!

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Deleted User, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

Unity 2019.2.11 was released yesterday, 24 hours later it's still not in the Hub and it hasn't been announced on the forums either. Last announcement was about 2019.210: https://forum.unity.com/threads/unity-tech-release-announcements.532033/page-2#post-5102999

So, it seems that we'll have to ask for it to be added to the Hub each time a new version of Unity is released?

What about Unity 2020.1 Alpha 10? Has it been released too? Alpha versions not been announced and not having their own page, how could I know?

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

3. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

One day @APSchmidt. One day you won't have to anymore ;)

4. Deleted User

Deleted User

I've decided that I would no longer bother in the future. I'll check the archive page once a week and install the new versions from there.

I'm unable to check the new alpha versions though, I'll have to wait until they are in the Hub.

5. Deleted User

Deleted User

6. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

7. Deleted User

Deleted User

Cross your fingers! :D

AbrahamDUnity likes this.
  8. Vagabond_

Vagabond_

How long will take to get a Hub version which shows the new versions in time, bcause the editor notifies me but there is no available in the Hub - again and again and... until a day or two !?

9. Deleted User

Deleted User

The problem has been fixed; the two most recent versions appeared in the Hub the same day they were released and, for one of them, before it was announced here.

If they don't, quit the Hub from the tray and restart it.

10. Vagabond_

Vagabond_

I did already but no success !

I am actually having the latest 2019.3b11 not showing !
    The way i installed it is by going to the beta website and clicked on the download through Hub button which automatically opened the hub and loaded the b11 download screen.

So i guess it has been fixed for final releases only !?

upload_2019-11-15_12-38-27.png

11. Deleted User

Deleted User

12. luispedrofonseca

luispedrofonseca

I would really like to know why this keeps happening every now and then. Is this a manual process on the hub side? I honestly can't understand how something like this still happens months (years?) after being reported multiple times.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
  13. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

@APSchmidt @Vagabond_ beta 11 is live in the Hub now as well.

Hi @luispedrofonseca, the reason why this is still an issue is because the Hub is still not perfectly integrated to the Unity release pipeline so we're maintaining a temporary fix that syncs with Unity's release mechanism.
    I keep saying this will be fixed because we've been planning to do this right for some time now but priorities shifted one too many times. I'm still optimistic though.

Cheers,

14. Deleted User

Deleted User

Yes it is, Alpha 13 is not yet; it was announced at 2:12 pm today. How much time should we wait before each new version has been announced and their addition to the Hub before we begin to worry?

15. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Well @APSchmidt, as soon as a release is missed we get bombarded internally and on the forums so I guess it's generally under control within a day or two right now.

Deleted User likes this.
  16. Deleted User

Deleted User

Thank you. Alpha 13 is now in the Hub. :)

AbrahamDUnity likes this.