Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Official New version of the Live Capture toolset now available

Discussion in 'Virtual Production' started by guillaumelevass, Jun 3, 2022.

1. guillaumelevass

guillaumelevass

Unity Technologies

Hello Virtual Production enthusiasts!

We're pleased to announce that we just released new versions of the Unity Face Capture app (1.1.2) and the Unity Virtual Camera app (1.2.1) on the App Store. Additionally, a new version of the Live Capture package (com.unity.live-capture@3.0.0-pre.6) is available in the Unity Registry (see installation instructions below). We continue to work hard to improve our tools and unleash Unity's potential for cinematic creativity.

Take Recorder improvements
    Among the new features of the package, you'll find a new generic Transform Capture Device, enabling you to make any GameObject transformation part of your take and opening a world of possibilities. The Take Recorder has been improved in many other ways. It's now much easier to work with Clips, but we encourage you to read the changelog for all the nitty gritty details.

Timecode synchronization improvements
    In version 2.0.0 of Live Capture, we began supporting timecode synchronization through timecode sources such as Tentacle Sync devices. We have now improved that support with brand new windows to manage synchronization and make it easier to adjust buffers.

Game controller support for Virtual Camera
    If you use the Virtual Camera app with the latest version of the package, you can now control your camera using any iOS supported game controllers!

Face Capture stability improvements
    Finally, the Face Capture app has been updated with stability improvements. Hopefully, this should resolve some pesky crashes that we have been seeing in our diagnostics tools.

Installation instructions
    To install the Virtual Camera and Face Capture apps, see the instructions in the main related forum post.

To install the latest version of the Live Capture package:
    • If you're using Unity Editor 2022.2.0a14 or later, install Live Capture from the Unity Registry using the Package Manager.
    • If you're using an earlier version of the Unity Editor (2020.3 minimum), you need to edit your project manifest to specify and use the precise latest released version of the package (com.unity.live-capture@3.0.0-pre.6).
    Give us your feedback
    There are tons of other small improvements and bug fixes in this release and we hope that they'll make your life easier. We're looking forward to hear what you think of all this new stuff!

Last edited: Jun 23, 2022
  2. MBolufer

MBolufer

Hi there !
    I didn't used Virtual Camera for a while, it looks I don't have the video feedback on my iPad with this version ?
    I used the firewall fix button, I see my camera moving in the scene, so I guess it's linked.
    Any Idea ?

(I'm using 2021.3.0f1)

Thanks !

Last edited: Jun 24, 2022
  3. guillaumelevass

guillaumelevass

Unity Technologies

Hello there!

Two things come to mind:

1 - The first obvious thing is that the Game View needs to be visible and in focus at all time.
    2 - If that still doesn't work, you could go to the Video Settings (you can easily access them from the Virtual Camera Device) and use a different Encoder.

Screen Shot 2022-06-27 at 2.34.40 PM.png Screen Shot 2022-06-27 at 2.34.58 PM.png

4. MBolufer

MBolufer

Hi !

Thanks, it was the focus on the GameView trick... :/

guillaumelevass likes this.
  5. frankmaza0205

frankmaza0205

Hello I have unity 2022 but it will only install live capture 1.1.1 and won't have the timecode sync on it

6. guillaumelevass

guillaumelevass

Unity Technologies

Hello! Live Capture 3.0.0 comes by default starting with 2022.2.0b10. If you are using something older, you can still install it by using the Package Manager "Add package by name..." feature (see screenshot).

As a side note, if you are feeling adventurous, we recently quietly released Live Capture 4.0.0-pre.2, which contains a new Genlock synchronization API. We are currently working on the official release announcement, you heard it here first.

Attached Files: