Search Unity

[NEW UPDATE!] Fingers - Touch Gestures - #1 in Quality, Support and Features : Dozens of Gestures✓

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by jjxtra, Apr 25, 2016.

1. apprenticegc

apprenticegc

Hello,

I think the asset does not support enter play mode. It will be great if this asset support it so that entering to play mode time could be reduced significantly.

GDevTeam likes this.
  2. jjxtra

jjxtra

Is this a newer Unity feature?

3. apprenticegc

apprenticegc

Hello jjxtra,

This is Unity doc. It is out for a while already. It basically speeds up enter play mode time. However the code need to have some modification to support this feature.

This is just a suggestion as some of the plugins I use can not work while this feature is turned on. But developing while this feature on really reduces time hugely(usually from 30 secs down to 2 secs in my case).

4. jjxtra

jjxtra

I've sent 3.0.14 update that attempts to support this. Let me know if it works for you.

5. apprenticegc

apprenticegc

Hello jjxtra,

Thanks for the quick support. For the quick testing of provided demo, they work pretty well while enter play mode is turned on.

I will integrate Fingers into my project and see if everything works as expected.

6. jjxtra

jjxtra

Sounds good. Let me know if you run into any problems.

7. GDevTeam

GDevTeam

Anyone else running into this issue?

I added Fingers Pan Orbit to the Main Camera in a Unity 2022.3.1f1 project for WebGL. Play Mode enabled. The Minimum Distance and Maximum Distance Inspector properties do not get saved. They reverse to their default settings. I do not have any custom code made, in use around this area of the project. How to fix? Is this a defect?

Also, I will click off the same test cube after a successful pan with Fingers. But, then the scene will zoom out so that I can barely see the cube.

My current Inspector (as you can see, in Play Mode and Edit Mode).

upload_2023-6-11_11-2-42.png

upload_2023-6-11_11-1-39.png

8. jjxtra

jjxtra

There's nothing in my code that changes these parameters. Do you have the same issue in Unity 2021?

GDevTeam likes this.
  9. GDevTeam

GDevTeam

I don't have it installed. I've also noticed the pan feature rotates opposite of how Unity's rotate works in the Scene editor. Example in the Scene mode. Hold ALT+Left Click and hold down the mouse, move left and right. How do I get that to work in Fingers? I do not see a setting in the Inspector. I checked Fingers Rotate Orbit and Fingers Pan Orbit scripts. Please. Thanks.

10. jjxtra

jjxtra

If you can install 2021 latest version that would be helpful. For me it does not reproduce the problem you mentioned with the values reverting to defaults.

You can adjust the orbit speed parameters to be positive or negative to reverse the direction.

GDevTeam likes this.
  11. GDevTeam

GDevTeam

I also get other oddities, or it seems. Like this case. I set the Minimal Distance and Maximum Distance to 0. But as soon as the input field in the Inspector receives a TAB or ENTER button press or loses focus. The 0 is changed to 0.1, which conflicts with what the Tooltip over these properties states.

upload_2023-6-11_11-35-34.png

upload_2023-6-11_11-34-35.png

12. jjxtra

jjxtra

Both value are annotated with an editor range attribute where 0.1 i the absolute minimum value.

GDevTeam likes this.
  13. GDevTeam

GDevTeam

Same issue. both -30 for rotation x, y speed properties are changed to 30 at design time. Then on Play Mode. Back to -30 they go. Am I doing something wrong you think? Some other setting?

upload_2023-6-11_11-44-10.png

upload_2023-6-11_11-43-29.png

No errors in the console.

Attached Files:

14. jjxtra

jjxtra

Probably not doing anything wrong. Please try Unity 2021 and a new blank project and let me know if the values still revert.

GDevTeam likes this.
  15. GDevTeam

GDevTeam

I am using the latest 2022 LTS for now. I'll have to install and check. Has anyone else reported issue of any kind on 2022 LTS? I just want to be aware of known issues going forward.

16. jjxtra

jjxtra

Yours is the first report of this happening on Unity 2022

GDevTeam likes this.
  17. GDevTeam

GDevTeam

I updated BiRP to URP and Shader Graph. Getting issues on role back. I want to stick with Unity 2022. Hopefully this can be resolved with Fingers. Thanks for the feedback and trying to help with this issue.

18. GDevTeam

GDevTeam

Another thing I've ran into is when I mirror (to my project like files setup) the Fingers DemoScene3DOrbit, I'm seeing random immediate zoom outs away from the Orbit Target (Inspector property for the Fingers Pan Orbit script on the MainCamera). I can't find what's triggering this to happen.

I did also learn that if I set the sliders in the Fingers Pan Orbit, the values will not be reset or overwritten at runtime. (Fingers Pan Orbit script). So the Orbit X Speed and Orbit Y Speed stay at the slider-set values. But the input fields ot the right to enter exact values is still not working.

Unity 2022.3.1f1.

I matched my scene up like the Fingers demo by adding in the DemoScene3DOrbit as an Additive scene, temporarily, so I make sure everything is a match for testing.

Thanks for any further insights you can share.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2023
  19. jmgek

jmgek

Where is the conversion to world space for taps?

20. jjxtra

jjxtra

The camera can do that

21. jjxtra

jjxtra

22. wannaMakeAGame

wannaMakeAGame

Hey, how can I make completely distinct gestures, I want my first touch to control first player and second touch to control the second player, their gestures should be completely distinct from each other, is there a practical way to do it?

23. jjxtra

jjxtra

Sure, just make two pan gestures and make two panels on either side of the screen, invisible. Set each panel as the platformspecificview of each gesture. Then that gesture will only execute on that panel. The panel needs a 2d box collider. Your camera needs physics2d raycaster.

24. wannaMakeAGame

wannaMakeAGame

No, they will not be in different sides, both should work full screen, just first touch should control one player, and second one the other

25. wannaMakeAGame

wannaMakeAGame

You can think like multiplayer

26. jjxtra

jjxtra

How do you know which touch maps to which player? Is the first touch to go down player 1? What if that touch releases and then player 2 touches? How do you know which touch that goes to?

27. wannaMakeAGame

wannaMakeAGame

Yes, which touch controls the which player will change. I just need to know how to make the touches completely distinct from each other? First touch will control the closest player to the touch, and second touch will control the other player, even one of the touches releases, touch won't leave the player it controls

28. wannaMakeAGame

wannaMakeAGame

Also unity input doesnt work so I can't implement it with a turn around

29. wannaMakeAGame

wannaMakeAGame

dont mind this, it works

30. wannaMakeAGame

wannaMakeAGame

so, not possible then?

31. jjxtra

jjxtra

Is possible, when a touch goes down you just find the closest player who doesn't have a tracked touch and start tracking that player with the touch. A couple of pan gestures should be able to do it.

32. wannaMakeAGame

wannaMakeAGame

I managed to do it with editing multi drag example from the package, but now touch began event is not called

33. wannaMakeAGame

wannaMakeAGame

Hey, Can I create a virtual touch? I mean there won't be any touch on screen, but I will create a virtual touch on the position that I want?

34. jjxtra

jjxtra

Yes you can. There is a demo scene.

35. wannaMakeAGame

wannaMakeAGame

I have a weird bug, with every touch, touch phase ended happens twice or thrice, it didn't happen before. Possibly something I have changed?

36. puzzlekings

puzzlekings

Hi @jjxtra can you please let me know how to simulate a two finger tap on the screen for the DemoSceneMultiFingerTap?

1 finger tap is a simple mouse click
    3 finger tap seems to be a mouse click with either left shift or left ctrl

However I can't figure out how to do a 2 finger tap?

37. jjxtra

jjxtra

Middle and left click at same time. Or left and right click at same time.

38. puzzlekings

puzzlekings

Thank you

On my magic mouse for the mac neither of these work as it does not differentiate between left & right clicks, and there is no middle button. Not sure if its possible to simulate with Option + left click?

Using a Logitech mouse it works as you've described.

39. jjxtra

jjxtra

Ctrl-and alt will perform scale or rotate gestures. So there may not be a current solution on your hardware.

40. readnlearn

readnlearn

Hi, I am building an app and I was wondering if this plugin works on a standalone Windows PC with an external screen that supports two finger Touch

41. jjxtra

jjxtra

Yes it should.

42. CurveAnimation

CurveAnimation

Hello,
    I'm trying to use Dpad on mobile. I can detect all directions but how can I get the neutral state of Dpad ? In update I need read if there is no input so I can play correct animation.

43. jjxtra

jjxtra

If no directions are detected this is your indicator.

CurveAnimation likes this.