Search Unity

⚡️ RELEASED ⚡️ Universal Shooter Kit: FPS, TPS, TDS

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by VadimGerc, Dec 11, 2018.

1. goofsney91

goofsney91

Okey i'll tried to do that and upload it on mediafire for you, send all that by email. I hope it will works

2. goofsney91

goofsney91

To give you a precise description, the A.I shoots in the floor but they walk and run normally, it's just the shoots that makes problems. And as a player i don't take any damage .

3. goofsney91

goofsney91

The mail is sent ^^

4. Black_Raptor

Black_Raptor

Hi !

I got this error when i try to adjust my Character so impossible to adjust anything, i use unity 2017.3 :
    Code (CSharp):
    1. UnassignedReferenceException: The variable thisCamera of Controller has not been assigned.
    2. You probably need to assign the thisCamera variable of the Controller script in the inspector.
    3. UnityEngine.GameObject.GetComponent[CameraController] () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/GameObjectBindings.gen.cs:38)
    4. GercStudio.USK.Scripts.Adjustment.Start () (at Assets/Universal Shooter Kit/Tools/Scripts/Adjustment.cs:180)

5. Don3Capone

Don3Capone

Hello Guys,

I want help in Mobile Controls. I am stuck with Default mobile controls of kit. How to change or modify mobile controls of this kit?

6. DJ_Design

DJ_Design

If you have multiplayer, I think it would be really cool to have some way to manage friends/allies from enemies. (steamworks for example) You can invite someone (an AI for example) by walking up and interacting, and they will not target you. Just a thought, purchasing the kit now looks great.

I was a little hesitant because of the root motion it would be too sluggish for a fast-paced shooter but reading over the forum pages seems like you guys are really dedicated to making a product that stands out, in a good way! :) I love that there used to be an option for fast and accurate.. I've emailed you an example of the movement I'm aiming for.
    Hopefully, I can still achieve this in the latest build that seems to have gone another route, removing "fast and accurate" as an option. (the current IK/movement feels too sluggish for a multiplayer shooter) which was kind of disappointing, but maybe I'm just missing where the option is was moved to.

What are your thoughts on vehicles? It's a big factor in some multiplayer games, hoping that I can get it to work within the system / AI and so on but I realize it's a nothing small just a suggestion for the future.

Final suggestion, since you have a cover system for the AI (the tipping point for purchasing btw, a very unique gem on the store..) would you consider a vaulting mechanic to get over cover quickly? It seems like a fairly versatile thing many people could benefit from.. anyway thanks for your dedication, hope to see you explode with growth on the store down the road :)

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
  7. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

I apologize to everyone who wrote here and didn't receive an answer!
    Unity Forum let us down, we haven't received any notifications about the new posts (in the email, here - nowhere) :(

I am glad that most of you have also emailed us, but just in case, I'll also answer your questions here :)

8. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

I'm sorry again to keep you waiting so long...

It seems that a connection between the camera and the character is lost. Please try to create your character again and it should help.

9. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Hello,

In the Input editor [Edit -> USK Project Settings -> Input], you'll see the references to mobile buttons, so you can open and adjust them (see the attachment).

If you need more help with that, please let me know (I can record a video or make a detailed manual for you) ;)

Attached Files:

10. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

I’m calm because you definitely emailed us :)
    But I'll duplicate the answers here for other people.

Regarding the movement system, we’ve removed the “Realistic" mode (it wasn't very good) and left the "Fast and Accurate”, so you’re using it.
    And we know that the controller doesn’t suitable for all game types and sometimes works not good, but you should know that this version of the controller isn’t final, we’re going to improve it and make more flexible. I’m not sure that we’ll upgrade it in the 1.6 update, but we’ll necessarily do that very soon (it’s one of the important things in our roadmap, btw).
    Also, you should know that we’re going to add another movement mode for the TP view, in which character walks in all directions and always aims (like in PUBG, Fortnite).

We don't plan to add that in the near future. But maybe we'll add integration with one of the kits from AS store... I'll tell about that later.

Yes, you're right, jumping over covers is an important feature. We should think about that o_O

Finally, as I've already said to you, we're happy that you like our kit and hope we'll continue our communication via email ;)

DJ_Design likes this.
  11. fabiobh

fabiobh

It is possible to do localized damage using this asset, per example, a head shot that kill enemy instantly or do more damage?

12. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Hi,

Unfortunately, you can't do that now. But we'll add hit zones for enemies and characters in the next update (this month) ;)

fabiobh likes this.
  13. Havok_ZA

Havok_ZA

Dees the Melee attacks / System also enable the player to block an incoming melee attack?

14. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Hello,

No, the player can't block incoming attacks.

15. Andreas12345

Andreas12345

Hi, i have bought the asset in the spring sale, i really like it!

I have a problem with enemies.
    1. They spawn in the air.
    2. i get the error when the enemy spawn:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    GercStudio.USK.Scripts.EnemyController.PlayStepSound (System.Single volume) (at Assets/Universal Shooter Kit/Main Scripts/Enemy/EnemyController.cs:854)
    But for the Kit itself, i really like it.
    upload_2020-4-16_7-47-33.png

Ok i forget to create a NavMesh and forget to create surface.
    So it was my fault :)

Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
    JFI66 and JBR-games like this.
  16. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Hello Andreas,

I'm glad that the issues have been solved :)
    But if you have any more troubles with that, feel free to write here (or by email), and I'll be happy to help you ;)

17. LOKIIStudios

LOKIIStudios

hey any news on the multiplayer update ?

18. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Hello,
    I think the new version will be published after 27th; almost everything is ready, it remains to polish some elements

LOKIIStudios and JFI66 like this.
  19. LOKIIStudios

LOKIIStudios

thats great, actually im waiting to finish my multiplayer game, just waiting for the new update. Thanks pls let us know once done. Cheers!

VadimGerc likes this.
  20. BDFgames

BDFgames

Hi Vadim. Liking the asset so far. What's the timeframe on adding ladder climbing?

21. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Hello,

I'm glad you like the kit :)

Yes, the climbing system is an important feature, and we'll necessarily add it in one of the next updates. But sorry I can say for sure when this will happen (and certainly not in the next month).

JFI66 likes this.
  22. LOKIIStudios

LOKIIStudios

Wow the new multiplayer update is so so cool :D very excited to test out the listed features. is there any video or demo for the update to check ? Thank you so much for your hard work man. this asset is one of the best on asset store for Character controller n game creation.

JFI66 likes this.
  23. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Hello,
    I'm so happy to hear that you like our kit! :)

Yes, of course, you can play the demo. I'll upload them here in a few hours.

LOKIIStudios likes this.
  24. arikasses

arikasses

Hello do we have to download also the pun in our project because i dont find the pun setup to enter the ID also i got 3 red warnings which does not clear is it because i did not connect photon setup. Thanks

25. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Hm, it’s strange because we’ve added the PUN in the kit.
    Please give me some time to investigate that.

[Updated] It seems that there were some errors in the Asset Store version. Please try to delete the project and import it again. It should help.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
  26. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

The new 1.6 version has been launched today!
    It contains the new multiplayer mode and many new features (like the improved IK and Aim systems). Enjoy :)

Also, the documentation has been updated. And I've uploaded new demos.

LOKIIStudios, JFI66 and JBR-games like this.
  27. marco-maceratesi

marco-maceratesi

Hello Vadim,
    I created a new 3d project with Unity 2019.3.12f1, imported USK with project settings included, I encountered these errors:

upload_2020-4-30_7-35-35.png

Assets\Universal Shooter Kit\Main Scripts\Multiplayer\CharacterSync.cs(137,33): error CS0117: 'CharacterHelper' does not contain a definition for 'SetAnimatorViewComponents'

Assets\Universal Shooter Kit\Main Scripts\Multiplayer\Lobby.cs(150,37): error CS0117: 'CharacterHelper' does not contain a definition for 'AddMultiplayerScripts'

Assets\Universal Shooter Kit\Main Scripts\Other\GameManager.cs(93,33): error CS0117: 'CharacterHelper' does not contain a definition for 'RemoveMultiplayerScripts'

How can I solve them?

Thanks in advance

28. arikasses

arikasses

Hello i was face the same problem delete the asset and after that an update in the asset will appear update and download it again.

VadimGerc likes this.
  29. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Hello,

As @arikasses said, just delete the project and import it again. It should help you.

30. bugscuffle

bugscuffle

Hey..thanks Vadim for staying with us. Had the same problem. One noob question: do I have to have the game manage.. can I just use the Character Controller by itself? Just drop it in the project.

31. bugscuffle

bugscuffle

I want to use it with say, ORK, or First Person Exploration Kit.. or.. Quest Machine. So I need a drop in character and controller...I am just doing the demos now.. I like it pretty good!

32. bugscuffle

bugscuffle

these errors with the new update.. 1.6 I just updated: After changing the camera, messing around, the first person gun was out of place.. and the First Person character was in a strange pose. On the grenades, an explosion is missing. Nice asset though, glad I bought it!

Attached Files:

33. bugscuffle

bugscuffle

also, I was changing the camera around, changing stuff.. and suddenly, it went into semi-automatic mode. 1 trigger pull, 1 round, not the burst, full auto mode.

34. bugscuffle

bugscuffle

just 5 starred it in a review. LOVE it.. I am just learning it's features. I hope to learn more! I'd like to be able to use it in Quests.. where there is "some" shooting.. but interaction with objects. Say, the sprayer is spraying down a room with Luminol to detect blood. Push buttons. ON many scripts "E" is interact. I love "First Person Exploration Kit" which I just got on sale.. I love that thing! But it has it's won inventory, which I like better. Love it, and I hope your sales increase, and interest increase, until you pass up UFPS as one of the dominant assets on the Asset store!

35. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Hello @bugscuffle,

It's so cool to hear that you really like our kit. My face turned into an awesome smile :D
    And thank you so much for the review, it truly helps the project grow!

I'll add this in the nearest update ;)

Regarding your issues, please give me some time to check it out. I'll update this post...

Last edited: May 3, 2020
  36. bugscuffle

bugscuffle

there is not much on NavMesh and surfaces in the Docs.. can't find them.. I am so excited I want to get started and add it to a project. I dont know much about NavMesh. Do you have to create it yourself?

37. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

You can read about the NavMesh and baking a scene here and about the surfaces here.

bugscuffle likes this.
  38. bugscuffle

bugscuffle

I am now doing a Navmesh for my scene that I want to make into a single Player UFK scene. I select "Terrain" and now I am reading more. I might need help on how to add the grass the player can hide in. Is this "special grass" that only USK has? Baked the Navmesh..but whoops, the player falls through. I have not put a "surface" on there.. I am uncertain what to do. UPDATE: all right got it working. Now to put some enemy in there.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 4, 2020
  39. bugscuffle

bugscuffle

Got it working.. I need to adjust the NAVMESH height .. some of the houses sunk, but I am happy to get this far. I need to learn more about NavMesh.

Attached Files:

40. bugscuffle

bugscuffle

will USK not work with a terrain collider? I've been stuck for a few hours now.. on a terrain, put NavMesh on it.. the game starts to run..but then halts.. when the monster sees the player. I keep thinking Monster is stuck....there's not any messages on the console. WHAT? I am stuck. This is a terrain, with terrain collider.. what is it? I cant figure out whats wrong.

41. bugscuffle

bugscuffle

This one has been driving me nuts for 4 hours now. What.. there isn't a field for the Enemy footsteps. Sometimes, it says it is the player footsteps. Line 889 in the Enemy Controller.
    EDIT: I turned off the "Error on Pause" and it will run..but still I am getting the exception.. Line 889 a null reference error. Tried re import more than once. STILL getting it. I even dragged the Monster in from the Demo. Still get it.. wonder what the deal is? If I need footsteps.. where do I add them?

Attached Files:

42. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

Hello again,

I've investigated all of your issues, and it looks like you configured the project incorrectly. Could I ask you to email me (gercstudio@gmail.com)? And there I'll help you set up all components right.

bugscuffle likes this.
  43. bugscuffle

bugscuffle

Was that the only problem Andreas? 'Cos I am having this problem, right now.

44. VadimGerc

VadimGerc

You were on the right way...

So let's start over:
    1. You should bake a scene [Window -> AI -> Navigation- > Bake] (link).
    2. Add the Surface component to a ground
    3. Set any surface in the Material value (attachments - img1.png) + (link).
    4. And set any footsteps audios in the Surface Material (attachments - img2.png)

Attached Files:

Andreas12345, bugscuffle and JFI66 like this.
  45. bugscuffle

bugscuffle

yes! That fixed the "footsteps" issue. Thank you!

46. bugscuffle

bugscuffle

would it be possible to add some other "victim"characters? I just tried this- with another SWAT guy. Yep, the monsters attacked him, but they didnt damage him. Some characters that need to be rescued, for example. I was looking around on asset store for stuff that just did that. A "damage" script. When a character is attacked, takes damage, and eventually dies (animation). This could spice up a game.

47. bugscuffle

bugscuffle

Hmm.. I uploaded a plain character, then set his layer to "character" but the monsters didnt attack him. Instead, they attacked another SWAT character that I had in Game manager. Pity. These civilian characters could have other behaviors.. flee.. die.. get chopped up.. etc.

Attached Files:

48. bugscuffle

bugscuffle

I quickly created a character, but didnt set him up.. adjust him. Hmm.. it was a prefab "Bodyguard" a free asset.. actually, it looks like his animations got imported with him! The monsters went for it.. but I want them to tear him up, so I can rescue him. That is another thing.. the characters you get on the asset store often have their own motion controllers, etc. I put him on 'Character' layer. Monsters went for it, and ignored me! I switched into the Bodyguard..but he was unharmed. So.. ..I guess this is a little different, but it would add a interesting aspect to USK. If I could make it work.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 5, 2020
    VadimGerc likes this.
  49. bugscuffle

bugscuffle

can't find the character collider.. when I adjust my own character. It's not listed on there.
    There's no ragdoll on there, either, if that makes a difference. I just assumed it was something new.

Last edited: May 5, 2020
  50. arikasses

arikasses

Hello, the character collider should be in the character health window after you create collider you can set the damage area numbers.

bugscuffle likes this.