Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Networking New UNetWeaver error

Discussion in '5.3 Beta' started by steakpinball, Nov 30, 2015.

1. steakpinball

steakpinball

I have a project using UNET fairly extensively. It works great in both 5.1 and 5.2.

Opening the project in 5.3.0f2 produces the following weaver error:

^^ I inserted spaces after a couple colons to prevent smilies.

I checked the source of `NetworkInstanceId` at https://bitbucket.org/Unity-Technol...anceId.cs?at=5.2&fileviewer=file-view-default and didn't see anything suspect, albeit that is the source for 5.2.

Interestingly, I can't reproduce it by writing scripts in a new project. Did something change? Or should I look at something else?

2. seanr

seanr

Unity Technologies

Look at the editor log file for more details.

3. JK_uno

JK_uno

Hi folks I've got more info on this one.

After trying to port my existing project to the 5.3.0f2 beta I got the same error as posted by brianturner.
    Investigations found that if you have >= 16 syncvars (and possibly any networking tag e.g. [SyncVar], [Command], [ClientRpc]) you get this error. The recursion depth error will specify the type of whatever that sixteenth thing was that was trying to be serialized.

I've attached a script that is just a NetworkBehaviour with 16 public [SynchVars] in it. Add it to your project and you'll get the above error. Comment out any SyncVar tag and it'll compile.

Hope this helps,
    Jas

@seanr - please see bug in the Issue Tracker: Case 749253

Attached Files:

sanpats likes this.
  4. seanr

seanr

Unity Technologies

Thanks for the report and repro case.

5. steakpinball

steakpinball

I removed all SyncVar, Command, and ClientRpc tags from several of my classes and the error disappeared. Removing SyncVars from my classes was not enough.

Although the error is gone, obviously the project's networking won't work.

6. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

I find the weaver throws a fit whenever there's something silly i've done (ie lack of meaningful error messages)

7. chrismarch

chrismarch

I'm getting an error like this in a class with no SyncVars. I commented out the 4 rpc's it complains about, and the error goes away. I then uncommented one of the rpcs and commented out its method body, still get the error. If I comment out the 2 integer parameters, the error goes away.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015