Search Unity

New UI Widgets

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by ilih, Feb 11, 2015.

1. ilih

ilih

Notify.cs, after line 5 add code
    Code (CSharp):
    1. using System.Linq;
    after line 328 add code
    Code (CSharp):
    1. slides = new Stack<RectTransform>(slides.Where(x => x!=null));

OnAndOn likes this.
  2. blueFire

blueFire

I discovered the problem. I was giving the wrong path for the image (including "Assets/Resources" in the path). When I fixed this (just giving it the name of the image without a file extension or folder location) it worked.

Another question. What is the best size to set the image size (x and y pixels) using Sprite.Create() with the ListViewIcons UI? And will it scale correctly on different screen sizes?

Jason

3. ilih

ilih

In sample scene used sprites with width 30, height 15-20. Icons displayed with natize size.

Scaling should be controlled with Canvas Scaler

4. blueFire

blueFire

Another thing I have discovered is when I set the images to a size of 30 x 20 (in Sprite.Create()) only the top 30 pixels x 20 pixels of the image is shown in the ListViewIcon box. I am wanting to scale the entire image to fit in the 30 x 20 allocated area.

Jason

5. ilih

ilih

Specify pixelsToUnits in Sprite.Create
    Code (CSharp):
    2. var sprite_size = new Vector2(170f, 170f);
    3. var icon_size = new Vector2(30f, 20f);
    4. var pixels_to_units = Mathf.Max(sprite_size.x / icon_size.x, sprite_size.y / icon_size.y) * 100;
    5. sampleIcon = Sprite.Create(Resources.Load <Texture2D>("PATH TO IMAGE"),new Rect(0,0,170,170),new Vector2(0,0), pixels_to_units);

6. ilih

ilih

Version 1.3.3 released.
    • Added keyboard and gamepad support.
    • Bug fixes.

7. Duffer123

Duffer123

@ilih ,

Any chance you can be persuaded to do multi column and head row listviews in next release... ;)

8. ilih

ilih

Multiple columns can be done making new class derived from ListViewCustom. Check documentation and ListViewCustom Sample in scene.
    Header row will be added in next release.

9. Duffer123

Duffer123

@ ilih - great - thanks

10. Technipoet

Technipoet

Hey, I'm trying to use the basic combobox but when I call clear() I get this error.
    Code (CSharp):
    2. ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
    3. Parameter name: index
    4. System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.String].get_Item (Int32 index) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/List.cs:633)
    5. UIWidgets.ListView+<NewSelectedIndicies>c__AnonStorey27.<>m__55 (Int32 x) (at Assets/UIWidgets/Standart Assets/ListView.cs:858)
    6. System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateSelectIterator>c__Iterator10`2[System.Int32,System.String].MoveNext ()
    7. System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateWhereIterator>c__Iterator1D`1[System.String].MoveNext ()
    8. System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.String].AddEnumerable (IEnumerable`1 enumerable) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/List.cs:128)
    9. System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.String]..ctor (IEnumerable`1 collection) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/List.cs:65)
    10. System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[String] (IEnumerable`1 source)
    11. UIWidgets.ListView.NewSelectedIndicies (IList`1 newItems) (at Assets/UIWidgets/Standart Assets/ListView.cs:860)
    Setting the ListView.Strings = new List<string>(); also results in
    Code (CSharp):
    1. ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
    2. Parameter name: index
    3. System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.String].get_Item (Int32 index) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/List.cs:633)
    4. UIWidgets.ListView+<NewSelectedIndicies>c__AnonStorey27.<>m__57 (UIWidgets.ListViewStringComponent component) (at Assets/UIWidgets/Standart Assets/ListView.cs:875)
    5. System.Collections.Generic.List`1[UIWidgets.ListViewStringComponent].ForEach (System.Action`1 action) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/List.cs:361)
    6. UIWidgets.ListView.NewSelectedIndicies (IList`1 newItems) (at Assets/UIWidgets/Standart Assets/ListView.cs:874)
    7. UIWidgets.ListView.UpdateItems (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 newItems) (at Assets/UIWidgets/Standart Assets/ListView.cs:812)
    8. UIWidgets.ListView.set_Strings (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 value) (at Assets/UIWidgets/Standart Assets/ListView.cs:51)
    9. WorldAskerScreen.Start () (at Assets/Scripts/Screens/WorldAskerScreen.cs:15)

11. ilih

ilih

It was fixed in version 1.3.3.1. Please download updated version.

Technipoet likes this.
  12. Technipoet

Technipoet

Thanks! I updated but now it seems that the list items are being tiled in a grid instead of being vertically aligned like the normal listview. Not sure if this was intended or not.

13. ilih

ilih

Can you show me screenshot how it looks?

14. RazaTech

RazaTech

Hi!
    First :
    i want to make Some thing like this
    ^A07527FCEC7E0922177B99DD6A8303B163528BCA4A40FC261E^pimgpsh_thumbnail_win_distr.jpg
    does List can make Custom List Item , like this...?

Second :
    Can i populate list with thousands of item..????
    like virtual Layout ....????

15. ilih

ilih

Yes, but all items must be same height.

Fast made sample:

Yes, GameObjects will be created only for visible items.

16. RazaTech

RazaTech

Does it mean if list show ten items at a time , and i scroll to 100, items will there b 100 GameObject Created or there will b 10 GO ?
    how many GameObject will b there?

What i m looking is that there will b only 10- 15 GameObjects , Even though i will be Scrolling through thousands of items,
    this is an Example of what i m looking https://bitbucket.org/tacticsoft/tstableview

there is an artical about vertualLayout http://corlan.org/2011/07/11/creating-flex-mobile-lists-part-ii-using-virtualization/

17. ilih

ilih

Will be created 11 GameObjects for items if DefaultItem consist from 1 GameObject (10+1 in case when top and bottom displayed items are visible only partially) and 2 GameObject to fill space of undisplayed top and bottom items.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
  18. Knertified

Knertified

Seeing a problem after importing the latest version. I'm getting 4 errors in Unity when it tries to compile your software:

Assets/UIWidgets/Standart Assets/ButtonAdvanced.cs(59,38): error CS0115: `UIWidgets.ButtonAdvanced.OnPointerUp(UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData)' is marked as an override but no suitable method found to override

Assets/UIWidgets/Standart Assets/ButtonAdvanced.cs(49,38): error CS0115: `UIWidgets.ButtonAdvanced.OnPointerDown(UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData)' is marked as an override but no suitable method found to override

Assets/UIWidgets/Standart Assets/ButtonAdvanced.cs(69,38): error CS0115: `UIWidgets.ButtonAdvanced.OnPointerEnter(UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData)' is marked as an override but no suitable method found to override

Assets/UIWidgets/Standart Assets/ButtonAdvanced.cs(79,38): error CS0115: `UIWidgets.ButtonAdvanced.OnPointerExit(UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData)' is marked as an override but no suitable method found to override

cgrow67 likes this.
  19. TonyT

TonyT

Hi

Firstly I would like to thank you for your great product and excellent support.

I seem to have hit a couple of bugs with ListView.

In your demo you are able to populate the listview with 1000 objects. I ran in to a bug that I am able to reproduce in your demo by changing the 1000 objects to just 5 (modify the test code). The bug seems to be located in the section where "selected items" are maintained (i.e. UpdateItems). I have just commented out this and "deselected all" as a work around. (it is a bit weird in that you can go from 1000 -> 10 objects but not 10->5 or for your example the 8 or so in the file down to 5 objects).

A second bug is that when I set the ListView via myinstance.Strings = alistofstrings; in my code it doesn't seem to resize the scrollbar properly. (it works for your example but in code (non UI driven) it only works in the Start function but not in any other code driven function). I tried to find out why but I haven't worked it out yet.

Thanks again

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
  20. ilih

ilih

I suppose you have own class Button in your code.
    Please replace code in ButtonAdvanced.cs, line 19:
    old line
    Code (CSharp):
    1. public class ButtonAdvanced : Button,
    new line
    Code (CSharp):
    1. public class ButtonAdvanced : UnityEngine.UI.Button,

21. ilih

ilih

Are you using latest version of asset? Those bugs was fixed, please download latest version 1.3.3.1.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
  22. TonyT

TonyT

Excellent Thanks!!!

23. RazaTech

RazaTech

hi , does List support tile layout??? if it is then you deserve more then 5 stars :)

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
  24. ilih

ilih

Not in current version.

25. RazaTech

RazaTech

i really need it ,in my current project , when will new version come???

26. ilih

ilih

Version with TileView may be released in late July or early August.

27. alizdesk

alizdesk

+1 for TileView

28. Technipoet

Technipoet

Capture.PNG
    the List under ComboboxListview -> Mask looks like it is using EasyLayout script while the normal listview uses a vertical layout group. Thanks for the responses!

29. ilih

ilih

Please specify horizontal stretch for DefaultItem. This should fix problem.

30. steven williams

steven williams

Demo scene crashes Unity 4.6.6.f2 on load, The old demo scene loads ok.

31. ilih

ilih

It doesn't reproduce for me. Can you check again and show me editor.log if it happens?

32. steven williams

steven williams

Sent you the editor.log

33. ilih

ilih

Probably scene file or some other files are broken on download, please try to redownload asset from store.
    Or may be some conflicts with existing pulgins or code, you should also try import asset to empty project.

34. steven williams

steven williams

Re-downloaded, loading scene still crashes latest 4.6.6.f2, but works in 5.0.0.f4.

35. ilih

ilih

I send you message in forum inbox, please check it.

36. ilih

ilih

37. RazaTech

RazaTech

Thank you for making it work with the fixed height however unfortunately our application require variable height as we are showing news feed which often contain elements that increases element heights individually
    please advise

38. steven williams

steven williams

Excellent support, thanks!

A TreeView would be great :)

39. johanneskopf

johanneskopf

Thanks for your great asset! Really well written and documented. :)

For a game i need a sell/buy slider with a single value and the possibility to set the 0-value to the middle of the slider.
    Moving slider to the right - buy something
    Moving slider to the left - sell something
    Maximum buy/sell amount therefore have to be able to be different.

Resulting functionality can be seen here:
    http://i.ytimg.com/vi/nc8J00ljYYY/maxresdefault.jpg

Can you give me an advise how to achieve this with your slider?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
  40. schragnasher

schragnasher

Hello, i have a combobox bug where the layout for the scrollbar content layout does not seem to update when i first open the dropdown and i cannot scroll. After closing and reopening it seems to work.

First Open

Second Open

41. ilih

ilih

It's possible to make ListView with items of variable heights, but it is requires function which calculate height of items.

It's possible using RangeSliderBase and RangeSlider as example
    • rework them to make slider with only one handle
    • change functions ValueToPosition and PositionToValue to work with 0 at center
    • change UpdateFill function to fill from center to handle.
    You can check this slider in demo version 1.4.1
    Version 1.4.1 will be available to download after AssetStore approval.

What is version Unity version and asset version?

johanneskopf likes this.
  42. schragnasher

schragnasher

Unity 5.0.0 , not updated yet. And the latest version in the store, 1.4.0.

43. johanneskopf

johanneskopf

Wow, that was fast. And you included it into the example and the asset too. Thank you very much!

44. ilih

ilih

Is it also happen with combobox in sample scene and combobox created from menu? (GameObject/UI/Combobox)

45. schragnasher

schragnasher

not really, it does seem to update right after opening. It quickly changes.

Its odd though, i can see the items the hierarchy in my combobox, but it doesnt update until i reopen.

46. ilih

ilih

Please check:
    • ComboboxListView in should have specified ScrollRect
    • GameObject List in ComboboxListView should have EasyLayout, not Vertical Layout Group

47. johanneskopf

johanneskopf

Hi again ilih,
    Is there a way to have a fixed column-cellsize?
    listview_grid_not_working.PNG
    I use your custom listview with easylayout-grid inside vertical easylayout, therefore it's not a big single grid. I know that's the reason why it's not working like a grid with fixed column-cellsize.
    But are you going to implement this relating to the header row (fixed column size with header?):

48. schragnasher

schragnasher

All ok, is there a specific time i should add them? Awake/start? Some sort of ordering issue? Its random, but sometimes it works fine o.0

49. schragnasher

schragnasher

I see now your doing some virtualization, This makes me think more its an ordering issue perhaps?

EDIT:
    I checked the component, i see all of my options in the Items view on the editor, so it has them in memory, but i open the listview and the problem persists. Is there a way to force it to check for items?

EDIT:
    Made a totally new scene, added a combobox, increased its itemlist to 10, problem persists.

EDIT:
    Made a new PROJECT imported controls, made canvas, added CB, increased items to 10, same issue. I can't be the only one with the problem. :)

EDIT:
    Last try, got the latest Unity version, same issue.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
  50. RazaTech

RazaTech

Can you Give Some Example plz ...???:rolleyes: