Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

New UI Widgets

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by ilih, Feb 11, 2015.

1. KWaldt

KWaldt

Hello there!

I finally found a project where I can use this wonderful asset in. However, I have a question concerning the drag&drop support.
    It's really amazing that you can change the container of a list item that way is there also something like this to reorder the list? For example, if I drag and drop an item into a list now, it just appears somewhere, but I'd like it to appear where I dropped it off, and to change it's position by dragging it across the list and letting it go.

Is there native support for this, or is this something one would have to program themselves?

Best Regards,
    Kristina Waldt

2. ilih

ilih

Current version does not have support, but it's already done for next update.

KWaldt likes this.
  3. KWaldt

KWaldt

Wow, that sounds great!
    Do you have an estimate when it will be released, or is this still unclear?

4. ilih

ilih

This month, some time later Unity 5.4 release.

5. jGate99

jGate99

Can you please provide a Popup component that can can be used to show anything as a popup with optional title and close button. Popup is either Modal or closeable by clicking out side.

I know there is a Dialog component, but that is for alerts with buttons coming from Dialog Component. In case of popup, it will be as simple as

Code (CSharp):
    1. var popup = Popup.Template("MyPopUp");
    3. popup.Show(true); //where true is Modal
    or much better if we can provide a prefab
    var popup = (Popup)Instanciate(MyPopup)

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
  6. ilih

ilih

Ok.

jGate99 likes this.
  7. ilih

ilih

Version 1.8.0 released

Changelog:
    • Added ScrollRectPaginator
    • Added ListViewPaginator
    • Added Autocomplete
    • Added Popup
    • TreeView: added TreeViewDataSource component with nodes editor
    • ListView's: added ScrollTo()
    • EasyLayout: reduced memory allocation
    • EasyLayout: added row/column constraint for Grid layout
    • Tabs: added DefaultTabName property
    • TreeNode: added Path property - return list of parent nodes
    • TreeViewComponent: added OnNodeExpand property with Rotate (rotate toggle) and ChangeSprite (change toggle sprite) values
    • Notify and Dialog: added Template() method, now you can use notifyPrefab.Template().Show(...) instead Notify.Template("template name").Show(...)
    • CenteredSlider: added ValueMin, ValueMax and UseValueLimits. If UseValueLimits enabled then ValueMin <= Value <= ValueMax
    • Tabs: added TabButtonComponent, use derived class with overrided SetButtonData() to control how tab name will be displayed. For TabsIcons you can use TabIconButton.
    • Dialog: added DialogButtonComponent, use derived class with overrided SetButtonName() to control how button name will be displayed.
    • Dialog: added DialogInfoBase, use derived class with overrided SetInfo() to control how info will be displayed.
    • ListView's, TileView: added DropIndicator for Drag-and-Drop
    • TileView: added TileViewScrollRectFitter, ScrollRect will be resized to display whole number of items.

Planned for 1.9.0:
    • File Dialogs
    • Pickers

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
    johanneskopf and jGate99 like this.
  8. jGate99

jGate99

Great work ilih, its turning out to be a defacto unity ui standard.

9. KWaldt

KWaldt

Great work with the drag-and-drop-reordering, it's great!
    By the way, it's just a small think, and probably a matter of taste, but it would be kinda neat if the created list items wouldn't be named "Default Item (Clone)", but rather by the name attached to the element, but maybe that's just me.

You really open up new possibilities with this asset, thank you!
    - KW

10. ilih

ilih

Will be added with next update.
    For now you can add following line in ListViewIconsItemComponent.cs, SetData() function.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. name = newItem==null ? "DefaultItem (Clone)" : newItem.Name;

KWaldt likes this.
  11. par-002

par-002

I'm having an issue with callback timing on the ListView. I created my own ListView using your ListViewCustom.

I have the correct methods being called in my callbacks for when an item in the list is selected AND deselected. Their registration looks like (stole this from the first page of this thread):

Code (CSharp):
    1. listViewIcons.OnSelect.AddListener(ItemSelected);
    2. listViewIcons.OnDeselect.AddListener(ItemDeselected);
    There are actually 2 issues I am dealing with but the biggest one is the fact that only SOMETIMES does a "select" get registered if another item is already selected. Here is the scenario
    1. I start the app with no items selected.
    2. I select an item in my list view and the ItemSelected listener gets called (right now its just a system.out)
    3. I select A DIFFERENT ITEM in the list and the ItemDeselected gets called and then the ItemSelected gets called for the new item.
    Unfortunately, on #3 above, the "ItemSelected gets called for the new item" only works SOMETIMES. Meaning, the ItemDeselected of the first item chosen in #2 always gets called but the ItemSelected for the new item that has been selected does NOT always get the callback fired.

The crazy thing is, sometimes it DOES work.

I have looked heavily at all of my image raycasts and everything and for the life of me I cannot figure out why the ItemDeselected is ALWAYS called but only sometimes the new item's ItemSelected is called.

The other issue (I dont know if this is a side effect of the problem I stated above) but is there any way to guarantee which will be fired first?

Basically, I want to open a panel when an item in the list is chosen (the panel is initially closed as there are no items selected). It works great the first time. I then have logic in the Deselect to close the panel.

Unfortunately, I want to KEEP that panel open if another item in the list is chosen but close the panel when there are no items selected (i.e. deselected an item). Whenever I have an item selected and I then select ANOTHER item, the ListView.SelectedItems.Count is always zero on the deselect which leads me to believe it is always called first. This causes my code to always close the panel no matter if I really deselected an item OR if I selected a different item.

How do I get around this?

Thanks!

12. ilih

ilih

Is ListView.Multiple enabled?
    What doing ItemSelected and ItemDeselected?
    If you override coloring functions how they work if OnSelect not fired: is item colored as selected?

Try to check with such functions - only Debug.Log and nothing more.
    Code (CSharp):
    1.     void ItemSelected(int index, ListViewItem component)
    2.     {
    3.         Debug.Log("selected: " + index);
    4.     }
    6.     void ItemDeselected(int index, ListViewItem component)
    7.     {
    8.         Debug.Log("deselected: " + index);
    9.     }
    First invoked OnDeselect, then OnSelect.
    If ListView.Multiple disabled then you cannot deselect item without selecting other, except from code.
    Otherwise you can use coroutine to wait one frame and check it any items is selected:
    Code (CSharp):
    1.     void ItemDeselected(int index, ListViewItem component)
    2.     {
    3.         Debug.Log("deselected: " + index);
    4.         StartCoroutine(ClosePanel());
    5.     }
    7.     IEnumerator ClosePanel()
    8.     {
    9.         yield return null;// wait one frame
    10.         if (listView.SelectedIndex!=-1)
    11.         {
    12.             // code to close panel
    13.             Debug.Log("panel closed");
    14.         }
    15.     }

13. par-002

par-002

Code (CSharp):
    1.     void ItemDeselected(int index, ListViewItem component)
    2.     {
    3.         Debug.Log("deselected: " + index);
    4.         StartCoroutine(ClosePanel());
    5.     }
    7.     IEnumerator ClosePanel()
    8.     {
    9.         yield return null;// wait one frame
    10.         if (listView.SelectedIndex!=-1)
    11.         {
    12.             // code to close panel
    13.             Debug.Log("panel closed");
    14.         }
    15.     }
    This works great and is exactly what I am looking for. Thanks!

As for the actual selection not working when I already have an item selected, it's really weird.

I do NOT have multiple selected.

When the list is first created there is nothing selected. When I hover the mouse over the list items the items do get highlighted correctly. When I select an item the first time, the ItemSelected is called and all of the colors are changed correctly to the selected values.

I can then hover over the list and all of the "unselected items" do get the correct hover color changes. That is absolutely working and I have yet to see it not work.

But again, when I hover over an unselected item (with an item already selected), the hover works but when I click to select the different item, it only *sometimes* accepts the fact I'm selecting a new item. The ItemDeselected is always called but only sometimes does the ItemSelected get called. Meaning, in your test suggestion, every time I select a different item, I always get the "deselected #" debug output but only sometimes get the "selected #" output.

While the hover always works for every item, it seems as if the actual mouse down event is not always getting through to the event. It's almost like it sometimes gets swallowed by something else, I cannot figure it out.

Thanks

14. ilih

ilih

Please show stacktrace for ItemDeselected and ItemSelected calls, available in Console window.
    It should be like this:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. deselected: 0
    2. UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
    3. TestListViewIcons:ItemDeselected(Int32, ListViewItem) (at Assets/Test/TestListViewIcons.cs:40)
    4. UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent`2:Invoke(Int32, ListViewItem)
    5. UIWidgets.ListViewBase:Deselect(Int32) (at Assets/UIWidgets/Standart Assets/ListView/ListViewBase.cs:625)
    6. UIWidgets.ListViewBase:Select(Int32) (at Assets/UIWidgets/Standart Assets/ListView/ListViewBase.cs:562)
    7. UIWidgets.ListViewBase:Toggle(Int32) (at Assets/UIWidgets/Standart Assets/ListView/ListViewBase.cs:651)
    8. UIWidgets.ListViewBase:Toggle(ListViewItem) (at Assets/UIWidgets/Standart Assets/ListView/ListViewBase.cs:676)
    9. UIWidgets.<AddCallback>c__AnonStorey20:<>m__2() (at Assets/UIWidgets/Standart Assets/ListView/ListViewBase.cs:324)
    10. UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent:Invoke()
    11. UIWidgets.ListViewItem:OnPointerClick(PointerEventData) (at Assets/UIWidgets/Standart Assets/ListView/ListViewItem.cs:200)
    12. UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()
    What Unity version you use?

15. par-002

par-002

Ok I figured it out. Thanks for that stack trace option reminder, I had completely forgot about that :)

As for my issue, it ended up being a separate method I had included to deal with when an item is selected and then selected again, I wanted it to be deselected (meaning, if they select an item and then select it again, that DESELECTS it). My logic there is what was screwing things up.

Thanks again, your support is by far the best I've had with any of the Assets on this store.

PAR

16. Sackboy205

Sackboy205

Hi, I have a question,
    Is there any way to Select an item of Treeview by script in runtime.
    I can expand tree to that item by cannot select it.

17. ilih

ilih

Yes.
    Code (CSharp):
    1.             // find index of node, DataSource contains list of visible nodes
    2.             var index = TreeView.DataSource.FindIndex(x => x.Node==node_to_select);
    3.             // select node
    4.             TreeView.Select(index);

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
  18. sebastien-barry

sebastien-barry

Hi,

I Have a problem with the last version of NEW UIWidget,

I use a customListview with DestroyGameObjects is set to true
    My list view is in the first tab of a Tabs component.
    If a delete an item of my list view or clear it, then switch to second tab (so it disable the custom listview), the come back
    to the listview's tab, the following error appears : MissingReferenceException: The object of type 'ListViewSceneListComponent' has been destroyed but you are still trying to access it.
    The problem comes from MarkLayoutForRebuild function where items are calls from componentsCache wich still contains pointers to null removed data.

So here is my question, I don't find information about the cache system with listview.
    Is DestroyGameObjects = True usable with cache system (I don't manage to) ? and does it still make any sense to use it ?
    Or does the cache system do a better job ?
    Does cache system also work with treeView ?

19. ilih

ilih

Fix
    ListViewCustom.cs, replace function MarkLayoutForRebuild
    Code (CSharp):
    1.         void MarkLayoutForRebuild(ListViewItem item)
    2.         {
    3.             if (item!=null)
    4.             {
    5.                 LayoutRebuilder.MarkLayoutForRebuild(item.transform as RectTransform);
    6.             }
    7.         }
    In most cases DestroyGameObjects = true should not be used.
    How works cache and DestroyGameObjects:
    Cache keeps unused copies of DefaultItem.
    Example: ListView have 10 visible items, for each visible item will be created copy of DefaultItem, if count of visible items decreased to 3, then 7 DefaultItem copies will go to cache.
    When count of visible items increased to 15, then 7 DefaultItem copies will be taken from cache and created 5 new copies because cache does not have enough.

if DestroyGameObjects=true, then unused copies of DefaultItem will be destroyed instead caching.

So DestroyGameObjects can be useful if you want to keep GameObjects count to minimal, or you want to replace DefaultItem in runtime:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. var items = ListView.DataSource;
    2. ListView.DestroyGameObjects = true;
    3. ListView.DataSource = new List<?>();//it's should be new list, not Clear() call
    4. ListView.DefaultItem = newDefaultItem;
    5. ListView.DestroyGameObjects = false;
    6. ListView.DataSource = items;
    Yes, works.

20. sebastien-barry

sebastien-barry

Thanks, all works fine now !

One last problem with the last version, I use a ListViewGameObjects, but now I can't add gameObjects (like I did before).
    If I add from code or directly with the inspector to the objects list, I get the following error when I hit play :

Can't add script behaviour ListViewItem. The script class can't be abstract!
    UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent()

pointing to ListViewGameObjects.cs line 275

Is there a new restriction with GameObjects used with ListViewGameObjects ?

Another problem with spinner :
    no Way to change the default Visible Value.
    When I change the spinnerInput value property with the inspector, the UI Spinner component do not update int editor and play mode (display the default value 0).
    I can't change the Text value, it always reset to the default. Same problem with the demo.

Thanks in advance

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  21. ilih

ilih

Sorry, I forgot to check it.
    Remove abstract modifier from ListViewItem
    Code (CSharp):
    1.     public class ListViewItem : UIBehaviour,
    SpinnerBase.cs, replace line 223
    Old line:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Value = _value;
    New line:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. text = _value.ToString();

22. Aston-Martin

Aston-Martin

HI ilih,

Looking for line connectors for buttons. (1-to-1, 1-to-n, n-to-1 straightlines)
    Any chance of implementing this in the current or possibly next release?

Br,
    Aston.M

23. ikazrima

ikazrima

Hi ilih,

Any chance for Textmesh Pro integration, specifically for list view? Thanks.

24. ilih

ilih

Something like lines in Scene with enabled Navigation Visualize mode?

Planned, may be next week.

ikazrima likes this.
  25. Aston-Martin

Aston-Martin

Yes, where you can define the line connectors between buttons.

26. ilih

ilih

I'll think about it.

27. sylvain

sylvain

Hi,

Thanks for your excellent plugin. It is the answer to most of my UI requests.

But (there is always a but), how to say that... The documentation is quite lite. I have loaded the sample scene, but it is not obvious to understand how to reproduce something.

I want to create a scrollable list of objects (panels contening texts, icons and buttons) and I think that scrollrectpaginator will do it, with tile view. But what is the difference between scrollrectpaginator and listviewpaginator in your example ?

28. ilih

ilih

ScrollRectPaginator scroll on step equal ScrollRect size (PageSizeType = auto) or specified manually (PageSizeType = fixed), that may be not very conveniently with ListView if scroll step should be related with items. In this case you can use ListViewPaginator - it's use item as scroll step, PerPage parameter is count of items scrolled at time.

ListViewPaginator works with ListLiew (except ListViewGameObjects), TileView (in this case PerPage is rows or columns count) and TreeView.

QFord likes this.
  29. sylvain

sylvain

Thanks for your reply.

I'll dig in ListViewPaginator !

30. Aston-Martin

Aston-Martin

Ok, alternatively a straight line (w/o arrows) might be simpler to implement. Example,
    Screen Shot 2016-04-04 at 11.03.12 AM.png

31. QFord

QFord

What a great UI Plugin.
    I suggest my develop group buy one(I bought it yesterday)
    I feel it's better than NGUI when I view the demo.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  32. ilih

ilih

1.8.2beta2 available
    Changelog:
    • EasyLayout - added Shrink on Overflow option
    • Splitter - fixed problem with using more than one splitter with same container
    • Beta: Added Connectors. Add SingleConnector or MultipleConnector to empty gameobject
    • Beta: TextMeshPro support with separate package, contains prefabs with TextMeshPro instead default Unity UI Text (export 1.8.2beta2 first, then UIWidgets TextMeshPro Support)

ikazrima and johanneskopf like this.
  33. jGate99

jGate99

@ilih, Thumbs up for TMPro suppor. Can you please explain whats Connectors and their usage?

johanneskopf likes this.
  34. ilih

ilih

It's draw line from one gameobject to another.

35. jGate99

jGate99

Alright, any plans for date control?

36. jGate99

jGate99

@ilih
    Getting following error
    Assets/UIWidgets/Standart Assets/Connector/SingleConnector.cs(72,56): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `VertexHelper' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

I'm using Unity 5.3.4

EDIT
    Import statement was missing, fixed now.

37. ilih

ilih

Yes, planned.

Thanks, fixed.

38. sylvain

sylvain

Hi,

I have created a TileView with its items in the Editor. It works fine. But now, I need to fill the list of Items by another script linked to other gameobject. I thought I have to perform datasource.Add but datasource is protected.
    May be my question is quite naive, but what is the best method to feed the list, outside the class ?

39. ilih

ilih

Use DataSource, not dataSource.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. TileView.DataSource.Add(new_item);
    3. TileView.DataSource.AddRange(new_items);
    5. // or
    6. var items = TileView.DataSource;
    7. items.Add(new_item);
    9. items.AddRange(new_items);

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
  40. sylvain

sylvain

Arghh. Damned... Thanks you !

41. jGate99

jGate99

Facing errror when adding tile fitter

Attached Files:

42. sylvain

sylvain

Hi,

Thanks again. I am able now to correctly build tileviews...

I need now to create dialogs and notifications. For "Notify", I follow your instructions to create AutoHide notifications :

/// How to use:
    /// 1. Create container or containers with layout component. Notifications will be shown in those containers. You can check how it works with NotifyContainer in sample scene.
    /// 2. Create template for notification with Notify component.
    /// 3. If you want change text in runtime set Text property in Notify component.
    /// 4. If you want close notification by button set Hide button property in Notify component.
    /// 5. Write code to show notification
    ///<example>
    /// notifyPrefab.Template().Show("Sticky Notification. Click on the × above to close.");
    ///</example>
    /// notifyPrefab.Template() - return the notification instance by template name.

What does mean "notifyPrefab" ? The gameobject created as template for notification ? Capture d’écran 2016-04-19 à 22.15.19.png

43. ilih

ilih

TileViewScrollRectFitter should be added to gameobject with TileView component

Yes.
    Script should have serializable field with Notify type, then drag and drop Notify gameobject to this field in Inspector window.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using UIWidgets;
    4. namespace UIWidgetsSamples {
    5.     public class TestNotify : MonoBehaviour
    6.     {
    7.         [SerializeField]
    8.         Notify notifyPrefab;//gameobject in Hierarchy window, parent gameobject should have Layout component (recommended EasyLayout)
    10.         public void ShowNotify()
    11.         {
    12.             notifyPrefab.Template().Show("Achievement unlocked. Hide after 3 seconds.", customHideDelay: 3f);
    13.         }
    14.     }
    15. }

44. jGate99

jGate99

I applied to it but it doesnt seem to work as expected.
    Can you please provide a working example which shows tile view of items and show items based on available width and height (on mobile it shows 2 items, but on tablet or desktop it is able to show 20+ items/page)
    So if there are 100+ items, user is able to scroll 1 page at a time, instead of scroll all the way to last page in 1 touch

45. ilih

ilih

Here is sample scene: http://ilih.ru/unity-assets/Demos/TileViewFitterScene.zip
    Changes:
    • TileView - anchors to stretch and change size to fill whole screen, it's should have relative size, not fixed.
    • Remove scrollbars - not needed
    • ScrollRectPaginator with Direction = Vertical and enabled "Force Scroll On Page" without any buttons

46. jGate99

jGate99

First of all, thank you for providing the demo, i can now see TileFitter working great.
    However there are still few issues, when i try to scroll it Feels Choppy, (doesnt feel right)
    I sent you a link few weeks ago with an example which provides same functionality with the right feel. Can you please look into that?

47. sylvain

sylvain

Thanks ! it works !

48. sylvain

sylvain

Hi,

I have created a GUI with 2 sliders, one for Horizontal, one for Vertical slides. So, I dropped one CenterSlider, one the -180/180 range, and one CenterSliderVertical, for also a -180/+180 range. Horizontal slide works well, but Vertical seems to have troubles. The handle is always out the filler. See the screenshot. What is my trouble ?

Attached Files:

49. ilih

ilih

CenteredSliderVertical prefab have incorrect anchors for Handle gameobject.
    Fix: change Handle achors to bottom stretch, after fix select slider and it will be updated to correct view.

50. jGate99

jGate99

@ilih
    Can you please provide a carosouel control with unlimited slides (virtualized) with exact mouse/touch movements in next update?
    Just check the header only, thats all i required, precise mouse/touch movement
    http://www.jssor.com/

unityunity