Search Unity

new UI guiskin guistyle

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by Deleted User, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

I'm completely lost trying to create a style to apply to the new UI system. I say new UI because it seems like we have two UI systems. The old which uses onGUI and this can accept GUIskin and GUIStyle via script and the new UI which you create without script in the editor or with script as UI Objects.

I'm searching for some kind of style sheet like a CSS type of thing to apply to my UI that I created. I've been unable to find anything.

It seems strange to me that I found tutorials showing how to change the Style of the actual unity editor but can't find any information on how to simply create a couple of buttons in a scene, create a style sheet and apply that style sheet to the buttons and watch them all take on the new look.

Please tell me this is possible and i don't have to go into each object in the inspector and change each attribute every time i want to change the UI style.

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

Ok.. so 44 mins into this video
    and the unity UI developers tell us there is no support for any kind of styling. :( However apparently there is something on the asset store so I'm off to seach for that now. Any comments on assets that do this job well??