Search Unity

New to Unity

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by Prine, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Prine

Prine

I've had no idea where to open this thread so...

I'm new to Unity and Programming at all, and wanted to ask, How do I start making something in Unity? What languages I need to know? I've heard I need JS or #C and wasn't sure whats better?
    Is there any tutorials that will help me from nothing to the biggest?

* EDIT *
    I've found 3DBuzz tutorials watching them ATM, will they help? :)

Thank you.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  2. zine92

zine92

you can take a look at Unity's default tutorial. http://unity3d.com/support/resources/tutorials/

Unity is designed to let you create game very easily. Just import in models or use basic shapes and script a few things and you have a game.

If you want to know which language is better, you can search the forum. Personally i will say Unity javascript is better for beginner and C# more suitable for people looking for advanced programming. Haven't tried boo before. Tutorials wise take a look at the 3d tutorial. Which is quite complete. :D

3. Nikki.Ripper

Nikki.Ripper

Hey I Just Bought Unity Cause i Thought i Can Port Stuff From iOS To Android.
    IS It Real?
    Where's The Tut?
    I'll Really Appreciate It If You Could Just Say It's Real Or No.
    Thanks Budd Before Hand.

4. zine92

zine92

You can only if you own a Android basic/pro and a iOS basic/pro license in order to build for these 2 platform. As for porting wise. I think there's not much you need to tweak except screen size and texture and such. All you need is to push the build button. And sync with your device and see if it works. What i know is that different device might have different limitation. Nothing much to port because Android/iOS uses the same runtime from Unity/mono therefore shouldn't port much except screen sizes and such. Hope it helps. :D

5. paullopeez

paullopeez

Do you know any basics about programming?? If no then first go with 'C' language. and if you are asking about java or c# then i will suggest you to go with C# because i think it is easier to understand as a beginner.

6. unity_msLbHCvOgRjJZA

unity_msLbHCvOgRjJZA

hi I'm new as well were in the website do I create a new game?
    step by step instructions would be great thanks

7. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape