Search Unity

New to Unity, wanting to develop a 2d iPone game.

Discussion in '2D' started by dylan.mccann7, Nov 24, 2013.

1. dylan.mccann7

dylan.mccann7

Hey everyone,

The title pretty much explains everything. The only thing I am wondering is, do you still need Sprite Manager to make 2d games?

Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
  2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

I'm sure you're not this dumb. I mean you're aware of Unity 4.3, right?

3. dylan.mccann7

dylan.mccann7

Thank you for the wonderfully informative response. Yes, I am aware of Unity 4.3 and have been going through the tutorials. Excuse me for asking a question I had. I'll make sure I have a more profound question next time.

4. Code_Helix

Code_Helix

Please ignore hippocoder and don't let him deter you from asking a question as there is no such thing as a dumb question. I haven't used Sprite Manager but based off the tutorials I've seen so far you do not need to use any of the 3rd party tools to create a complete 2D game.

5. dylan.mccann7

dylan.mccann7

Thank you. I was just curious, because some of the tutorials and comments I've read said you did. I realized they were fairly outdated, but I couldn't find an answer on google. So, I figured I could get an answer here. I really appreciate it.

6. Calixto

Calixto

Dylan, welcome to Unity3d. The first thing you have to do when posting on this site (which I had to learn quickly) is that you'll get A$$-Clowns like Hippocoder that like to hide in their mother's basement and think they're super cool by intimidating newcomers with posts like the one above. They think they are the Post-Police and need to ridicule you for not knowing something they believe to be common knowledge. -- Its all they have in life, so simply side step them and move on. Don't get into a flame war with them -- its not worth it. There are a lot of good people here that will help you get started, no matter how "newbie" your question might seem.

Here's a link to Digital Tutors. They have a very good Unity 2D tutorial that may help you get started.

(http://www.digitaltutors.com/tutorial/1245-2D-Racing-Game-Series-in-Unity-Volume-1)

Good luck,
    Calixto.

7. Code_Helix

Code_Helix