Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

New to Unity/Tiny. Good for Web-based Edtech?

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by SpellboundLearning, Sep 25, 2019.

1. SpellboundLearning

SpellboundLearning

Hello!

I am new to the unity community, but project tiny got my attention. my company produces web based education applications for schools, and we are always pursuing more engaging learning experiences.

What we originally developed in flash has now been ported to HTML5, but as we continue to develop web based applications, the concept of project tiny seemed like a good fit to create high performaing learning applications while pushing the boundaries of learning experience and gamification.

So my question to you all, is how well suited is/will project tiny be for educational applications and games. How well supported will different browsers and devices be?

Am i too early to properly evaluate this new tech? Will the instability of an early framework jeapordize our clients?

Lots of questions, i am downloading the package now :)

2. Uli_Okm

Uli_Okm

Hello!
    I am exactly in the same boat as you, as a education startup.
    We already use Unity WebGL build and we are always looking at the improvements in Unity tiny to see if we can use it.
    BUT: Right now it isn't ready at all. The amount of effort to make it run properly, all the changes that happen, the bugs to solve, and the editor workflow to use it are all too high to enable us to use it properly in production environments.

I would recommend to keep looking at it for a few months, follow the roadmap that Unity will share today or tomorrow about Unity Roadmap and Tiny Roadmap to check when it looks it will be more mature. But it really looks promising, and you should keep it in your mind

3. SpellboundLearning

SpellboundLearning

Thank you!

Being new to unity, i am also interested in yoru usage of Unity WebGL. do you have a sample of your product i could peek at?