Search Unity

New to Unity, not able to get Cinemachine on Menubar

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by unity_ZXfRQKQYlZw_Rw, Sep 7, 2019.

1. unity_ZXfRQKQYlZw_Rw

unity_ZXfRQKQYlZw_Rw

Hello All,

I am new to Unity. I am a film maker. My exposure to gaming/animation platform is zero. I am trying on my own. I was recommended Cinemachine when I articulated my interest. I had imported Cinemachine into Unity, I can see the Asset package but I am not able to create a TimeLine or use the Cinemachine. Even after importing the Asset I am not able to see it on my main pull down bar. Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Best,
    Arvind

Attached Files:

2. Valjuin

Valjuin

The latest Cinemachine is available via the Package Manager from Unity 2018.2+.

Unity Main Menu -> Window -> Package Manager

upload_2019-9-7_12-5-38.png

3. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

And before you install it, be sure to delete the Cinemachine folder from your assets.

unity_ZXfRQKQYlZw_Rw likes this.
  4. unity_ZXfRQKQYlZw_Rw

unity_ZXfRQKQYlZw_Rw

Thank you so much Valjuin. downloaded it as a package, however it is still not showing on the menu bar. But it is in my Package. I had tried to mark what I thought was important on the screen shot..

Attached Files:

5. unity_ZXfRQKQYlZw_Rw

unity_ZXfRQKQYlZw_Rw

Yes, I did that too...

6. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Do you have errors in the console log? Can you pate them here?

7. unity_ZXfRQKQYlZw_Rw

unity_ZXfRQKQYlZw_Rw

Unable to open Packages/com.unity.cinemachine/README.md: Check external application preferences.

GUID [dec69862942cc9744ade63216979cafd] for asset 'Packages/com.unity.cinemachine/Editor/PostProcessing/CinemachinePostProcessingEditor.cs' conflicts with:
    'Assets/PackageExtras/CinemachinePostProcessingV2/Editor/CinemachinePostProcessingEditor.cs' (current owner)
    We can't assign a new GUID because the asset is in an immutable folder. The asset will be ignored.

GUID [9624eb95bd1e31744a52461501b39e66] for asset 'Packages/com.unity.cinemachine/Editor/PostProcessing/Resources' conflicts with:
    'Assets/PackageExtras/CinemachinePostProcessingV2/Editor/Resources' (current owner)
    We can't assign a new GUID because the asset is in an immutable folder. The asset will be ignored.

GUID [d6e27dc5ad82e7c4e8cddded5872eb77] for asset 'Packages/com.unity.cinemachine/Editor/PostProcessing/Resources/PostProcessLayer.png' conflicts with:
    'Assets/PackageExtras/CinemachinePostProcessingV2/Editor/Resources/PostProcessLayer.png' (current owner)

These are the messages that Console is filled with...Thank you for your time Gregoryl

8. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Remove CM from the package manager, then delete Assets/PackageExtras/CinemachinePostProcessingV2, then re-install CM from the package manager.

9. unity_ZXfRQKQYlZw_Rw

unity_ZXfRQKQYlZw_Rw

Done...should the Cinemachine automatically come on the Menu Bar or do I have to do something? like open it and 'Run' something?

So, this is the message on the Console..

Unable to open Packages/com.unity.cinemachine/README.md: Check external application preferences.

10. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

It should come automatically. That message seems to indicate a problem.
    Can you try, as an experiment, to create a brand-new empty Unity project, and install Cinemachine there?

11. unity_ZXfRQKQYlZw_Rw

unity_ZXfRQKQYlZw_Rw

I did that...this is the screen shot..

Attached Files:

12. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Can you show your errors in the console window?

13. unity_ZXfRQKQYlZw_Rw

unity_ZXfRQKQYlZw_Rw

This is the Console message

Attached Files:

14. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

15. unity_ZXfRQKQYlZw_Rw

unity_ZXfRQKQYlZw_Rw

Hello Gregoryl,

Sorry for a delayed reply as I had some guests. I will post it in the Forum and try my luck.

Thank you for all the guidance.

16. MaxSong-1

MaxSong-1

Ive got a simple solution for you, once you have installed cinemachine in the package manager, a small pencil symbol will appear next to the button which allowed you to install the package initially. Simply press that and it will take you to the package location in your project. This seemed to fix this issue for me, and added the cinemachine toolbar into the menu.